My giant gelato is back, and so am I, with yet another "Is it done yet?" thread! 9th week of flower, 13th week above ground

Mars Hyrdo 150w, 2.3’x2.3’ tent, living soil autoflower mixed with happy frog and worm poop, using organic kelp liquid and organic liquid cal-mag, TNB pH up, myco, etc.

I think there was a calcium deficiency at some point, either due to not enoguh cal-mag, the light being too close, or… not sure what else…

Big thanks to the folks who helped me on my previous thread. They basically had to entirely re-educate me through some confusion. Thanks again. Things are starting to click a little for me now, if only I could read trichomes! I can never tell clear from cloudy.

I do see some amber trichomes in the spots that got zapped. I also see some on leaves, but it is hard for me to see the actual bud. I just keep staring, unsure.

I don’t know if you guys can tell any better than I can from these photos. I have a cell phone magnifying lens coming soon and hope that helps. My loupe still leaves me confused.

Also, in case anyone remembers, I did fit that poor accidental Blue Dream Auto in the tiny tent too. It’s in a tiny pot, like 1g. It does have supersoil, though. I wish Id’ been able to give it a better home. I don’t dare transplant it now (preflower).

I also have a new 2’x4’ tent (putting it together now), and tomorrow a Mars Hydro SP 3000 will be here! I will use the smaller tent for drying and move all the plants into the 2x4 today with the smaller light and put the new bigger light in tomorrow when it arrives.

Thanks!!

5 Likes

Looks cloudy to me. I’d start flushing.

2 Likes

Funny how one opinion can make all the difference (or verify…) I was thinking it really seemed done, but I didn’t want to be the early bird. Anyway, with this second opinion, I looked again real close and decided to stick it in the dark overnight. I don’t flush since I’m using organic supersoil and not adding much when I water anyway (although maybe I ought to… I plan to recharge and reuse the soil but maybe that doesn’t matter)

Anyway, guess it takes some practice to get the timing right, but I bet it’s going to be a good harvest! Sure smells potent in the drying tent.

2 Likes

Without seeing a loupe picture it’s hard to judge to be honest. If you think it’s really ready then you can harvest. Doesn’t look like it’ll be bad smoke at all!

I hold my loupe tight to the camera on my phone and it allows me to zoom in on the screen to really see big clear pictures of the trichomes.

3 Likes

Yep, you’re right. I am hopeless with the loupe. I ordered a “microscope” that clips to phones. I hope that’s decent. If not, I’ll have to try something else. I don’t know if my loupe sucks or I do or both or what! I guess I’ll get a little better each time. I hope this one will be great, but I will be well satisfied with simply “good” for sure! Especially since it looks like it will be a pretty decent yield. No more dispensary junk with it’s pesticides.

2 Likes

I downloaded your last picture(to be able to zoom in) and I am seeing alot of cloudy I would say your fine with putting it in the dark like you already have. Looks like it will be right on time! :ok_hand: :v:

1 Like

@GreenFlex Whew, okay, thanks! Always good to get that confirmation. It looks GREAT hanging up to dry. It’s so crazy how it almost transforms from seed to plant to … bud… Obviously it is still wet. It just looks like WHOA LOOK AT THE BUD now, instead of looking like plant. Glad If inally got one right!

3 Likes

Anytime I can help Brother let me know! Congrats on the harvest!

2 Likes

@GreenFlex much worse problem now… did not realize I had thrips until midnight tonight… on my three remaining flowering plants and small ore-flowering plant. :frowning:

Am I screwed?? I need to make a new thread but I need to get up soon! I can’t win. I tried my best to apply nematodes properly to the soil and I hope to god I did it right and they work. But there is no appropriate spray to use until Monday even if I get a free prime trial.

I am possibly going to cry myself to sleep now. This sucks so much. :frowning:

Can you get you some cpt.jacks dead bug? I believe that is what you can use in flower let me tag @Hellraiser he will know what the proper steps would be since I have never had them. Possibly some DE powder if you can get your hands on it. other than that you will have to wait for hell to respond brother sorry I have never had them.

2 Likes

Yeah Capt Jacks Deadbud will take care of thrips, spray down every few days til no signs of them, then do it again to make sure.

2 Likes

@Hellraiser @GreenFlex

Thanks you guys. I got bad news. I had to order from Amazon, and it won’t be here until Tuesday. Am I screwed? I put nematodes and mosquito bits on the soil and watered them in. And if I am somehow able to save it, will the harvest be okay?

Home Depot said they have captain jack, but I got there and they couldn’t find it. :frowning: They are going to keep looking. There was some Dr Earth stuff in a green bottle… it did not say thrips… but I googled and one form of Dr Earth apparently does work on thrips…

what a disaster. a nd my fence blew down over night on two sides of my house. my work day is shot too!

I wish home depot would find the captain jack. I need spinosad asap! :frowning:

1 Like

I will defer this question to hellraiser as I don’t have any personal experience on this I hope you get it sorted but just to be safe let me tag some more growmie’s.
@Cannabian @CoyoteCody @Covertgrower @kaptain3d @Arrow @LoCoRock and anyone else that can help @Tinymight_Autoflowerer with alternative immediate solutions??

2 Likes

You can use a cold water spray early in the morning, make sure you get them on the underside of the leaves and don’t leave your plant in the sun or under lights after you treated…repeat for about 3 days, even if you don’t see anything…:sunglasses::v:

2 Likes

Green earth is solid stuff. I’ve seen others use it. Captain jacks is available in the pesticide section at Lowe’s too. I’ve purchased it from there.

2 Likes

@GreenFlex @Arrow @Covertgrower

Thanks so much you guys! I managed to find something that is apparently from the same company as Captain Jack and I see it has the same ingredients…?? I doused my plants with it real well, in a hurry, hopefully got all the spots. And turned off the lights beforehand!

How long do I have to leave the lights off? Maybe I’ll give them their 4 hours just in case. THANK YOU GUYS so much. I am so relieved yet still nervous.

3 Likes

Typically I schedule the application for right before lights out.

3 Likes

Covert got you :point_up_2:…spray just before lights out …:sunglasses::v:

1 Like