My first time growing

Thank you! It’s been a journey for sure!

Isn’t that the truth! I was an emt for 10 years and I was absolutely against it, and when you are forced to discard your ignorance on the subject it’s crazy the things you learn. I’m a huge advocate for it now

3 Likes

Lol I was in a career field that was against cannabis as well for 14 years. Military before that, again against cannabis. My wife started casually smoking with a friend of hers. I was forced to retire early due to military injuries and found that weed helps with not only pain, but sleeping as well. I have terrible insomnia and still use melatonin, but smoking before bed helps me actually fall asleep. It makes my heart full hearing how cannabis is helping you in your journey.

4 Likes

Not quite the evil weed of the Devil that we were led to believe by the effers in charge

4 Likes

Thank you for your service!

3 Likes

Wishing you the best. Congrats on remission. Cancer sucks.

3 Likes

Not at all, I feel like all my life I was lied to to be quite honest.

2 Likes

You were my friend, you were

So many things are made taboo and are no more evil than that damn short grocery cart that always bangs my shin

It made me hurt therefore it’s evil

1 Like

And you know the more I think about it, I think 13 was around the age I had to educate my kids about cannabis. Likely a little easier conversation to have these days, but still a ton of conflicting views around. And in my case I had to try to explain recreational, not medicinal use by adults. Good luck whenever you get to that conversation.

2 Likes

Lol 13 was about the time I educated myself about weed
It was a hands on kind of class

2 Likes

Exactly what prompted the conversation. I caught them.

2 Likes

Man o man, I’m glad my kid isn’t going that route

Not my Johnny

Seriously though, that’s a tough one for sure

1 Like

So all I have done for plant grooming is when fan leaves get super large (I’m talking they have been as big as my head lol) I’ve been trimming them off leaving just a small stump at the main stalk under the node growth then when it withers down I pull the little stump so as to not damage anything else. I think I’ve removed maybe 10 leaves since the plant was a month old I mostly do it when I can’t get them to tuck behind and they are way at the top blocking alot of light. What I am curious about is my amnesia haze is a few feet tall and she just keeps going lol I have plenty of space I’m just curious what height can I expect on her? My blueberry is nice and bushy so currently I’m not too worried there lol

Well when you flip to 12/12 flower light cycle, you will have more stretch. It’s a guess as to exactly how tall she’ll get, but expect 20% more height at a minimum. Sativa strains stretch more, I use a net to hold up the branches and bud sites. Indica grow alittle, not too much to worry about really. They do get bushy and need to be spread out so light penetrates the bud sites or you’ll get larfly buds ( light and airy). Also depends on the type of lights you have and the intensity of the spectrum. Plants stretch more when “searching” for light if you use a lower intensity light. Sorry long winded, but hope it helps some.

1 Like

Blueberry is catching my amnesia haze quick lol

3 Likes

Question someone suggested using Silica Blast… I’m currently using FF tiger bloom buds and big bloom and cal-mag normal ff schedule what are your thoughts?

Not gonna hurt anything, makes the plant stronger is the main attraction. I use Si Armour by General Hydroponics, but alot of people are going to powder silicon (more bang for you buck). I would highly recommend Recharge or some sort of Microbial for the soil, makes the plants noticeably larger and healthier. I just started using Recharge and Fishsh!t last grow…wow is all I can say. You can use Recharge and Fishsh!t with all FF nutes.

2 Likes

Awesome I’ll order some! Thank you!

1 Like

Just growing along lol I don’t have any concerns right now everything seems to be going smoothly. I’m so grateful for all the topics on this forum I’ve read so many lol

3 Likes

Always nice to log in and see this. Great job!

3 Likes