My first time growing

Excellent job!

1 Like

Thank you! Oh and ILGM is replacing the northern lights seeds, they were super awesome about it

4 Likes

Its a bummer to have to go that route, but good to hear they took care of you.

2 Likes

They were super awesome so I have 5 new seeds on the way. I reported my blueberry into a 5 gallon she’s loving the new space. I am not doing a whole lot of trimming on them because I’m still pretty unsure where and when to trim so I started tucking big fan leaves under bud sites and set up a net trellis to pull the bud sites up towards the light better. I work from home unless I’m in court so I have a ton of time to obsess over them lol every morning I go in and sit with them spend a couple minutes checking fans, Temps, I rotate them under the lights just to be sure lol they are very babied :rofl:

I had them in the tub for watering today so I could clean up after transplanting, I’m more careful with the plants than my floor :woman_shrugging::rofl:

3 Likes

They look nice and healthy! The tall plant on left you could probably top and get it grow out a little more bushy. Up to you though, I’m not personally a big fan of topping unless I need to.

1 Like

Is it OK to do on an auto this late? I’m so unsure that I’m worried I’m gonna mess something up lol I kinda figured I’d try it on the next 2 plants I grow after I get a grow under my belt.

2 Likes

Leave it if it’s an auto. You probably could based on condition of plant right now, but no sense in pushing your luck.

3 Likes

I’m totally happy leaving her be lol I’ve done a fairly good job not killing her up to this point. I definitely want to learn how to do it correctly and when to ect. I’m going to move to growing photos next, autos have me more intimidated due to what I’ve read on here about them being sensitive.

4 Likes

Well I’m not going to try to get you to love autos as I think photos are the way to go but my auto went pretty smoothly

1 Like

Looking good, It won’t hurt too much to pluck a few big fan leaves here and there that are blocking bud sites if you’re in flower. Makes the buds much tighter since they get light.

1 Like

You’ll love photos, veg them as long as you want, if you want big yields. Only drawback is photos overall take longer from seed to harvest.

2 Likes

And they generally get bigger so if size of your grow space is restricting you might have to to some training to keep height down but that’s a possibility with any plant I suppose, just a lot more likely with photos

1 Like

Still trucking along they are doing great I have no concerns. I did scrog them and have been tucking big fan leaves. I’m getting excited lol

The leaves aren’t discolored my phone just wanted them to look that way when i took the pics lol

5 Likes

Nice work!

2 Likes

Thank you! I’ve learned veg is my favorite so far! Not as stressful and delicate as seedlings. Beings this is my first time I know I’m gonna have a ton of questions about when to harvest ect when I get there. Thank you everyone for all the help I’ve spent hours going over all the posts and responses!

1 Like

Veg is nice, but omg taking so long… I want some stanky flowers!

2 Likes

Lol vegging is nice, as you get to trim leaves and manicure the plant as you want it. Flower is really cool too, you’ll see. The plant develops bud sites and leaves change color depending on strain. And the smell of stanky buds is the best.

3 Likes

Yeah I’m gonna have to change my venting up a little cause they already make my whole house smell, if it was just me no worries but my 13 year old is like :face_with_raised_eyebrow: I have stage 2b pancreatic cancer and I’ve been in remission for 17 months, I was prescribed marijuana to help with my appetite (my stomach doesn’t tell me when I’m hungry anymore so I’ll go days without eating and not even realize it lol) it got really bad after chemo. So I decided to try growing my own and I’m loving it so far.

4 Likes

Congratulations on getting it into remission :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Ya once they start producing trichomes, the smell will stink up the whole house more. I have a grow room dedicated to the tents with charcoal filters. When I open the tent doors…boom hits me in the face, but closed isn’t too bad. Your story is truly inspirational!! The more I get involved in the cannabis culture, the more I hear how cannabis changes lives of so many people. It really is medicine. Keep growing and keep livin’ is my motto. You got this and once you smoke your first bowl/joint with stuff you grew…wow it’s such a beautiful experience.

2 Likes