My first time growing

Me too! I wanted to open an infused bbq joint, and then I moved to an illegal state :rofl::man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I’ll be a test subject for your edibles @rookiegrower

2 Likes

LOL last batch was not good, the infused coconut oil turned out really good, just need to add some flavor drops to the jello to cover up the plant taste.

2 Likes

I’ll tolerate a bad taste for a buzz
Hell I overcame the taste of beer and even grew fond of the flavor even though, in my heart of hearts, I know deep down that beer is actually some nasty tasting shite

3 Likes

Lmao…well they packed a buzz for sure, the brownies I made from cannabutter was off the chain good and the buzz was much better than the gummies.

2 Likes

You have one of those fancy extractor machines or just old fashioned crockpot method?

I’ve never had edibles and would love an all in one machine but I don’t have that kind of money at the mo and don’t have enough herb for that kind of thing until at least the 2nd harvest unless Gary 3.0 suddenly goes hulk on me and swells 3x

And I can’t do crockpot stink method in an apartment
It’s a wonder I’m growing weed here and have not been reported to management yet

2 Likes

For butter, I just use a steamer pot method (one bowl over a pot of boiling water), then simmer for 4 hours. Ya it gets stinky, especially with the decarb before making anything. For the oils, I use jars and a crockpot full of water to boil them for 4-6 hours.

I just use the trim off the last harvest and throw it all in a grove bag (trim, small bud, etc)

1 Like

I have yet to harvest :sob:
And what little trim I’ve had off Gary has been getting trashed
I know I know, it’s throwing away perfectly good kief but I’m simply not ready IMO to get into the nitty gritty of using every part of the animal (or plant in this case)

Luckily the trim has been so little, on the grow, that tossing a handful or 2 of leaves has not seemed like a high crime

2 Likes

Update- she’s in her 5 gallon home as of yesterday, she’s starting to flower :slight_smile: I did light defoliation throughout a week. Trimmed out a couple big fan leaves and started to lollipop her. She responded well to both.

Blueberry is getting big and strong as well, thought she might have stunted herself then boom growth lol her roots must be strong :wink:

And Northern Lights hates me 4 out of 5 seeds no luck at all.

Processing: Snapchat-1036970359.jpg…

3 Likes

4 Likes

They didn’t crack or sprouted then died?

They didn’t even Crack. I emailed ILGM about it. So bizarre right?

1 Like

I would say. What method do you use for gerninating the seeds?

I soaked them in distilled water in the dark

1 Like

How long did you give them? I don’t use this method, but people I know do don’t usually let them soak for longer than a day or two, and they don’t always crack and show tails that quickly.

If you still have them, place the seeds in folded up wet paper towel and then place the paper towel inside of a zip lock bag with some air trapped inside. Then place the zip lock bag somewhere warm like on top of a cable box or equivalent. I check them once a day, most will pop in 3-4 days, maybe a little faster if presoaked.

2 Likes

I soaked 3 of the 5 for 3 days and then went ahead and put them in soil just in case got nothing emailed ilgm they said to try germinating the rest, I put them in water for 3 days again nothing (I even scratched the seed coat with a match box on one seed) the last 2 are still in soil just in case something decides it wants to come through they have been in moist warm soil for over a week and still nothing

4 Likes

Dang that sucks for sure, I’m glad your other plants are doing well.

3 Likes

Gotcha. Stay in touch with seed shop and I’m sure they will take care of you.

3 Likes

Things have been going smooth and both plants are growing great.

Amnesia Haze

Blueberry 22days

7 Likes

Nice to hear that they are both doing well :grinning:

2 Likes