My first sprout!

Shes so pretty I wish I could upload pics of her mobily. I planted 4 seeds out of my ILGM Patriot mixpack of Ak47, Sour, and Bubblegum 4 days ago in miracle gro potting soil with 3 120watt Phillips agro plant lights…I’m not really sure the specs on them whether they are hid or hd but it says for plants :sweat_smile: …but…I got my first sprout!:grin::grin::grin: Bubblegum was the first to sprout out of the three strains :grin: I am so pleased because she is my favorite :100: any advice on how far I should keep my lights, ensure tall and large growth, and how long I should expect the other strains to peak their beautiful leaves​:heart_eyes: would behighly appreciated

I’ll upload pics when I can

1 Like

Awesome man, that’s so exciting. I’m new at this kind of but what i read and did was watch how they react to your lights. There’s a sweet spot were they reach for the light. I guess it all just depends how you want them. I don’t have much space so i kept mine short. Hope that helps, these other guys are way more knowledgeable.

1 Like

Woke up this morning to 2 more sprouts :grin: ILGM genetics are really showing​:heart_eyes: even after I sloppily put the seed in dry soil :flushed: there so strong looking and I almost got to see the first leaves on the AK unfold after I gently removed the shell off the top. They seem to be loving the light…My cllosest bulb is about 15-18in away this morning. I’m still running 24hrs…I’m so excited :grin::grin::grin:

1 Like

I planted 5 WW fem on Sunday after soaking them for 24 hours in a glass of tap water. This morning 4 of them sprouted and the 5th hasn’t poked through yet but the soil is swelling and it will probably be seeing daylight tommorow.

1 Like

going over my grow bible I think I definitely got to excited with the water and I hope I didn’t drown my 4th seed I got my light a bit closer now but the keep drying my dirt out and fast

@taleonet how tall should I wait for them to be ready for transplant? And do you have any advice on watering to keep they soil from drying from the lights?

New set up :grin:! this morning I awoke to one of babies laying down :disappointed_relieved: I used a q-tip to pick her up and support it. Switch to cfl’s and drop the lights about 2in away. Making better watering habits as well…I’m happy I ordered enough seeds for trail and error

I don’t start seedlings directly in soil I use peet pellets, rock wool or rapid rooter plugs they are easier to keep moist but not over water are easy to transplant and since I am fussy they give me the information I need. I leave seedlings in this media until I am seeing visible roots coming out the bottom and sides than I dust with myko or great white and put in solo cups. If you are using auto skip the solo go straight to final container, it usually takes until third true node before roots are visible sometimes 4 nodes then I transplant. I like to see nice healthy roots and growth and since more soil means longer drying also means more easily over watered the advantage of progressive containers out weigh the inconvenience of multi transplant. Keeping container small means less wasted nutes plants can be fed more often root mass utilizes more of the soil flushing is simpler and any adjustments can be done with greater ease. I progress through containers as plants start to show signs of being close to being root bound from plugs to cups to 1 L to 3-5 gal at each transplant I use myko and very light feed of LK liquid karma to reduce shock and encourage faster rooting.

This is just my approach to seedlings doesn’t make it the best or only way but works for me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I was going to try rock wool…but I thought I could save money going naturally thanx Donald hopefully I’m just going to transfer straight to its final pots

Yup the 5th is popped through. I started in 16oz solo cups with hole punched through the bottom. I will transplant when I see roots into 1 Gal pots then into 5 gal Smart pots for final. I am using LED lighting and am not having trouble with drying out too quickly.

1 Like

Definitely was the lights drying me out I used less water and it’s been keeping the soil moist under the cfls :grin: I’ve been having so much fun!:blush:

2 Likes

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/t31.0-8/fr/cp0/e15/q65/12493950_110728392640821_9044827596694087851_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoibCJ9

Bubblegum :grin:

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xta1/t31.0-8/fr/cp0/e15/q65/12489254_110774639302863_4409522716899343555_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoibCJ9

Sour Diesel :blush:

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xlf1/t31.0-8/fr/cp0/e15/q65/12487151_110776109302716_7130041769345474731_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoibCJ9

AK47 :muscle:

2 Likes