My first shot @ LST

Here we are at day #32 for the larger plants and #25 for the lonely small one all received some very gentle LST and a little defoliating to allow more light penetration to the tasty bits and get a few leaves/stems/branches out of the dirt on the side of the plant that I bent the poor thing over towards.
Immediately after they all received a drink of Bergmans Grow time@50% of recommended strength PH Corrected to (first time with lemon juice and not the standy by PH Down solution I usually use.) 5.9-6.1 and an EC of .99 -1.11ms with a supplemental addition of Bergmans Root guardian. One of them had just sprouted a single white hair and that plant received Bergmans Flower Boost at the same concentration of PH/EC values.
Upon replacing them back in the grow room they were placed under light at a 20 hour DLI of 400-425 and the little lady @ 390.
They also went quite limp and flimsy and I fear I should not have tried Lemon Juice for the first time for PH correction for the simple fact that should something go awry I would have multiple possibilities as far as causes were concerned ,exacerbating the effort to determine not only the cause but also delaying/complicating the possible necessary response or cure.
Also my established leaves seem to be quite a dark green while vigorous new growth a brilliant green.
Also should the trimming/defoliating be done with sharp snips similar to those for trimming the harvest or should the pinch by hand be implemented?
I ask only because I have complete carpal tunnel syndrome and my sense of touch is nearly nonexistent making delicate operations nearly impossible without looking directly at the task at hand.
I can assure you all my head is too large to peek at my fingers when they’re attempting to pinch those tiny branches/stems and leaves beneath the canopy.
A few photos for those inclined and I am all ears on anyone who wish to contribute their thoughts and or advice.

14 Likes

They are looking good,keep on doing what your doing.

3 Likes

For what it’s worth plant #2-6 was the early bird by a day over #2-7 and #2-8 and for a while was a bit taller/slender then #2-7,#2-8,well this is no longer the case #2-7 and #2-8 are quite a bit chunkier than the early leader #2-6 and catching quickly in height.
Also I purchased a 5x5 gorilla tent floor panel for my 5x5 grow room wanting the reflectivity. Stupid or not?

1 Like

ty sir,anything else to add about the other comments I made?

You wont be disappointed with the gorilla grow tent. I love mine.

3 Likes

Hi there. looks like you ph is too low at 5.9.

2 Likes

Oh yeah…a sharp scissors is recommended to defol so u don’t harm or rip branches.

3 Likes

@jorkvilleyoe that there’s new growth period is a great sign that your doing well. Your girls are putting out fresh growth and soon that lst will have your girl looking bushy as all get out!! Can’t wait to see her next month, she’ll be a beast and your confidence will be through the roof!!

3 Likes

I only purchased the floor for my 5x5 grow room .

1 Like

How long is the veg period on average of White Widow Autos?
" " " " flower " " " " " " " ?
Anyone?

I had carpal tunnel surgery a month or so ago. No relief yet but I am hoping.
Good job on the LST. I find bent wire staples are much easier for me to use. Much less fiddling. Bend and place the branch where you want it and hold it with a staple.
I am also a Manifold fan.

6 Likes

When you say looks, is it something about the plants or just the number?
I have only given them 1 shot of 5.9,all other times has been between 6.1 and 6.5.
They are in Ocean Forest and Happy Frog.
I never have watered enough to generate any flush through water to test.
I am still worried about over watering?
Is my uterus showing?(Am I worried for no reason at this point as they are in fabric pots?)

1 Like

How long have you been out of the splints with your surgery?

Also what strain is it that you have manifolded? and what specifically is manifolding?

@jorkvilleyoe jump on that search feature and be prepared for a ton of reading material lol.

do you lift your pot to see how light and when to water? or are you a stick finger in soil person.
It is hard to over water with the fabric pots.

1 Like

I generally just feel the outside of the pot as I’ve gotta believe the moisture will wick to the outside and much like a cake and baking I will stab a bamboo barbeque skewer into the soil and if it comes out slightly stained from moisture and has a bit of fine particles of soil stuck to it she’s seems to be good for a while anyway,and yes I will confirm with the finger but I try not to contaminate the soil and/or the root zone with my grubby mitts.And I would love to lift the pots and I am more than physically able but my carpal tunnel syndrome leads to unnecessary dropsies and within the confines of the grow room it’s a matter of risk/reward as collateral damage is certain in there.Drop one kill three. I try to limit their movement to feeding,implementation of LST and grow room improvement and sanitation.
Other than that my babies are members of the “LEAVERITE COUNTRY CLUB”.
As in “LEAVERITE THERE.”
No unnecessary exposure to “LALALA CERTAIN DEATH.”

@beardless 7 weeks since left hand CT surgery. Some progress, better now than before, and better than right hand, now (right hand CT scheduled for June 4). We all need Harlequin seeds .Best wishes for good recovery. Using appendage too soon after surgery will cost, be careful. Grow prescription may include fewer yet larger stationary pots. Looking for a 44" Lazy Susan, but may settle for 3 ten gal non moving plant soil habitats. Weekly, the survivor count is reduced as new techniques are tested. The strong survive and are rewarded with favoritism, crown space, and light. I still am looking for true champions. Zero cloning skill lately. Many non-survivors from LST and Lolly popping.

2 Likes

Looks good i just tried the lst clips the really create huge stems.

3 Likes

lst clips,i have never heard of such a thing and what is the advantage?
please share.