My First Scrog Journey

@M4ur of you are out there mate let me know please :+1:.

3 Likes

My opinion , I would trim some now , but I would take it slow and take just a few each day so as not to not stress her out too much . As for filling a 4x4 scrog , bushy plants would be best , Imo … if anyone could do it , you could . lol . That plant looks great !

1 Like

She looks great. You can fill out a 4x4 with one. Someone on here has I believe but I can’t remember who. I start tsking stuff off the bottom throughout the entire grow to lessen the stress of just the regular training. I’ll take some off here and there never a lot at a time. Just some here and there. Once the stretch is over I’ll start taking what wont make it to the top off so to give the top buds more energy. If that makea sense

4 Likes

Cheers folk’s thank you notes taken off you both nice one :v:

2 Likes

@garrigan62 @Noctis420 @Thelaughingwolf @Not2SureYet @Newb1 @SmoknGranny @Smilin @raustin @Drinkslinger . I’m still thinking off name’s as I go folk’s please any and all information please I don’t not want to use any other site other than all off our fellow growers to get through this no Google no YouTube either only your advice and my decisions if we can that is people :v:.

3 Likes

I’d throw a net over her and lst, supercrop, and start bending the plant through it.

1 Like

If you get a chance to have a look back at the photos she is only about 4 and 1/2 weeks now if even and I have been torturing her with LST from the beginning and topped 4 time and fimmed twice mate I have had her tied down so much as you can see she is only 14"-15".

3 Likes

Looking good to me bud.

1 Like

Q1: The day I start training it to the trellis is the day I lollipop. I usually do it all at the same time.
Q2: I don’t have enough experience to know. So far my experience with photoperiod plants is that they keep growing bigger if you let them… so I would think you could fill a 4x4 with one.

4 Likes

Thanks mate appreciate it buddy, just when do you set your screen, like at what height and from did you measure from the top off the pot or from the ground up ? :v:

4 Likes

For me it varies. I usually set a specific amount of time I want to veg the plant for - a date. Once that date comes, if I feel they are big enough to fill the screen after the flip, then I put in the screen. I put my screen in generally the day of, or the week before, I flip to 12/12. That depends mostly on my schedule, but ideally I would install the screen a week prior to flipping the lights to 12/12. For a 2x4 scrog I usually have to grow the plant for around 60 days from seed in my DWC buckets for it to get big enough to eventually fill the screen. The 4x4 scrog I have going now was in veg for 90 days or so.

My main consideration is that the plant is big enough for me to put the screen high enough to get under it for pruning/defoliating and tending the plant. For me that’s a minimum of 10" from the top of my totes.

8 Likes

@Johnzy81; I have done it both ways, (as far as trimming on the bottom). One good question would be if you are going to take any clones from this plant? If not I would strip the bottom (Lollipop) up to just below the canopy. (I want all the energy to go into the canopy area). Don’t flip the plant for awhile. Keep it in Veg until you have a canopy you are happy with, as far as area coverage. Before I flip, I give a plant a dose of PK 13/14. If you are going to make this a one plant grow, then do some LST, maybe even some monster cropping. But then, keep an eye on things (temps, pH, etc), but let the plant do what it does best, and let it grow into what you are planning. Put your scrog screen where you are comfortable, (but get it set up ahead so you can tuck your plants as it grows up through, and the plant is fully adjusted before you flip. (That will also give you a good idea on what you want to trim below, and so the canopy will not get too high, for your area, when it stretches). (Just allow yourself some room for getting under the canopy and taking care of your plant, like watering). (I grow Master Kush which is mainly Indica), and it will not stretch like a Sativa, so I Veg for a little longer, and wait for it to grow into what I plan for, and don’t really care about time). Keep it up! You are doing an excellent job!

3 Likes

Thanks sweetie. Yours & others good vibes came through :hugs: I loved reading this post. Maybe I’ll try to be more adventurous next year so I’m bookmarking it :+1:

1 Like

It’s great to see you back on Granny, and even more that you are thinking about your next adventure and grow, but please of you do decide to scrog and this is for everyone that scrogs in Soil, that they first get someone to go over the best way off feeding-watering once it hits the scrog, because it can get messy and very hard to get in and around your lady and most importantly checking your Ph and PPMs. I’m thinking off a 4×4 but with it been my first time maybe a 2×3 or even a 3×3 or even a 2×4 bit I will get there with you and all off everyone else off our fellow growers will support us along the way its great to hear from you @SmoknGranny :+1: :four_leaf_clover: :ok_hand:.

2 Likes

Thanks Johnzy for the advice :heart: Yep, I’ll be growing in Super Soil again but with some modifications to the way I made it this year :blush:

2 Likes

Your are well able for any off this Granny. I really just mean “YOUR BACK” please do mind yourself in that way. We all know that you can grow and, you understand what it takes to not only grow but also help other’s that might need and want it :+1:. Sassy is looking great and the frosty sugar all over the BB auto :yum:.

2 Likes

Thanks sweetie. I’m still pacing myself in regards to my back hence all the tall grass and weeds surrounding my gardens :blush: I did try to carry Moose before we sent him to the Rainbow :rainbow: Bridge and I will admit it took me a few days to heal. Otherwise, I’m being careful.
The B.B. was chopped down yesterday before the dreaded bud rot :rage: could totally destroy her. OMG! Talk about sticky! She and the Afghan are drying in my bathroom closet and the aroma from both is wafting throughout the house. Talk about aroma therapy :joy:
I’m far from being a great grower and every day is a learning experience. I couldn’t have made it this far if not for ALL the other growers here so what little I can offer to others is my way of paying back.
Thanks again for your input and support. It truly is appreciated :hugs:

5 Likes

@Myfriendis410 do you know if it runs daily or weekly? and without pacifically saying much, do you know anyone that would be from this side of the pond ?

1 Like

I don’t know, sorry. I think the modules are available once you join the lab and what you get is more intensive one on one grow support from real experts. Knowing some of them; they would work around your schedule as best they can.

1 Like

Thank you Sir for your help my friend, if you can think off someone that can clarify for me if it is just for people in your areas or wolrd wide and maybe someone wouldn’t mind helping me explore what it exactly entails to take part in this particular way of doing the forum, and why is it not made more obvious to people that are on this side of the froum or is that an international problem too maybe if anyone can help me out here I would appreciate it. :v:. @garrigan62 @Countryboyjvd1971 @Donaldj @Hogmaster can you help me out here folk’s please…?

1 Like