My first real grow & Can I save save un used coco coir

My BD isn’t an auto, but I have grown a fair share of autos. I’d go straight into a 3 gal pot indoors. You can stunt autos if you transplant and since they are on a predetermined life cycle, you wanna try and keep them happy the whole way through so you get the most out of them.

I’m not running any autos as of right now. For autos I usually use 3 or 5. Either will work for you.

Thank you both. I will go straight into a 3 gallon for both tomorrow then. I dropped a Big Bud auto in water last night. Being a glutton for punishment and all lol All 3 of the new plants are autos. Maybe that will make things a little easier this go round.

It looks like I pretty much lost this whole grow. 3 males and I woke up to find the AK not to good. More rust colored leaves, dried out and purple stems. Since this is the last in the tent. I am going to pull it out and shut the tent down for now. I am writing the AK off for any kind of production. I am not giving up on it though. I am moving it back to one of the 3x2 boxes where I can tend to it better. It never changed to flower so I can going to set it back to veg and see if I can grow her out of this. What these plants fail to realize is I have lots of seeds. So eventually I am going to win :grin:

1 Like

@Dieselgrower, @MattyBear or any one that knows. Quick question. or auto flowers. When they say 8 to 9 weeks to flower. is that from the time the plants poke there heads out of the soil or after a month of veg? Thanks. I am transplanting the autos in the morning. They are looking great.

2 Likes

That is once they are in flower. Those times are almost always an estimate and usually will run on the longer end of the scale in reality.

1 Like

I agree with @Dieselgrower In my experience, the flower schedule is more accurate from when they stop stretching

2 Likes

Thanks. I will just figure 3 months and go from there. Sounds like it is a plus or minus each way. The B.D. are growing nicely. I had to put them in pastic 3 gal. containers. I realized I don’t have any thing big enough to catch the run off in the fabric pots.I ordered some last night. Crossing my fingers they stay that way. I have come to realize. Most of my trouble with the AK comes right after I feed. When I stay with just water. It seems to do good. So for now. That is all it gets till it shows me it is hungry LOL

1 Like