My first real grow & Can I save save un used coco coir

@Nug-bug, You answered my question perfectly. That is what I was looking for.

@DVM, This is set for ppm. Thanks for bringing it up. I had watched a video mentioning that and totally forgot about it. My water here is about a 7.2 out of the tap. Between both of your answers. I think I have a handle on this.

@Dieselgrower, Thanks for the answer on your topic. I didn’t want to high jack your thread, and figured I would reply here… I saw your plants and it looked like I might have been able to get away with 2 plants in one box. Since I am new. I think I will leave it at one plant in each box. Did you start yours to flower at 1’ tall?

1 Like

@Not2SureYet

7.2? Are we getting mixed up between pH and EC?

What plant was it again? The ak?

7.2 is the water out of the tap. I have not used the EC meter yet. I will try it tomorrow after I feed. Sorry about the mix up.

LOL, I am not surprised you are confused. I had started 3 plants I got seeds the from a friend.
I was going to kill them off but decided to grow them and then just put them in in one gal pots and keep them some what small and see where it goes. Give me some thing to do while I wait for the AK seeds to start. I was asking about the Ak plants in regards to putting 2 in a 3’x2’ room. It looked like yours were only about a foot and a half wide in your pictures. If they look like they need more room. I will give the generic plants the boot. I know the AK’s are female. Will not know till I flower for the 3 generic. My main focus will be on the AK’s and learn as much as I can with th generics.

1 Like

Oh ok. You might be able to do it, but I would just make sure they each half their own room

Well, the GS seeds have made it to day 10. They seem to be growing wider as to taller at this point. all look healthy though. it is funny. #1 & #2 were about an inch tall and #3 just barley poked through the soil. Now #3 seems to me doing far better thatn the other 2. Of the 2 AK seeds. Only one germinated. Kind of works out for me right now though. It is just about to poke her head out. I can see the two leaves appearing.

I’d cover those clear cups with a darker color solo cup. They will slide right over the top and block the lights from the roots.

1 Like

Thank you. I didn’t know that would be an issue. I don’t have any colored cups but do have a million rolls of electrical tape lol. I will go do that right now. The AK is in a dark cup. Guess I lucked out there.

1 Like

Dark tape will work fine too! And no worries, just trying to help out where I can.

Thanks, I just painted 3 cups black. Do you know if I am in the right section here to start a grow journal? I go to the min menu and can’t find this post to see where I started it.
Thanks again

Click on your avatar and go to topics. Select all. It will show you a list of threads you started and responded to. Just find it and tag me in if you need anything.

Thank you. The forum lay out is a little confusing. I am going to spend some time here poking around and seeing what else I can learn today. Thanks

1 Like

Once you get the hang of it, you’ll be fine. I know new sites can be confusing lol. I am not tech savvy at all lol

Well, today was an educational day. I transplanted these 3 into one gallon containers. I think all went good. I am glad I made the mistake of starting these in clear cups. After removing the darker outer cup. I was able to see these had a great root system going. I will start any like this from now one. I only gave these water today. I will go back to the nutes tomorrow if they still look good. These are 2 weeks old now.

I learned I may have started running before I could walk. LOL Going for 4 plants on my first time may prove not to be super wise. I am trying to germinate another AK seed right now. I will have 4 weeks more knowledge by the time these are ready for a starter cup. To be real. I am only hoping one, maybe two at the most turn out to be females. since the AK is a female if it goes this time.

The first I did, died. To be fair, I think it was my fault. It was only about 3/8" tall when I gave it just a little bit of the nutes. I had just a splash left in the cup from watering the three GS plants and gave the rest to the AK.

I made a simple hood system for the lights. Not really feasible for CFLs. It made this about 5 times harder than with out. So it is gone for now. I have a duplicate closet I am going to grow the AK in. Since it is empty. I am going to see if I can revise the hood to make it a little more simple to raise for watering the plants.

Any ways. Here these 3 at 2 weeks old now.

3 Likes

Looking good! Healthy roots and plants!

Very nice @Not2SureYet, well done! :+1: :smile:

Thanks. They hit week 2 yesterday. Al are at about 2 3/4" tall and 4" wide. They look like they may be starting to stretch a little more this morning. All doing great though. The AK’s seem to be a weaker strain? One looks great and shot up about an inch since yesterday morning. I have a feeling the other one may not make it. For some reason. it stopped at about 3/8" like the last that died. I am still hoping it may come though. I few days ago. I re did the lights. I have them more focused as a group ttill the plants are a few more inches taller and need more individual light. For now they are being kind to me and all growing at the same rate lol
For my nutrients. The bottle only shows for a 4 week veg. I am sure these will need about 6 to 8 weeks to get a foot tall? I still am learning here. I was thinking of doing the nutes as 2 weeks for each of the bottles one week. So 2 weeks at there week one. What do you guys think. These are doing great so I don’t want to start messing up now. This is not a great picture. I have not taken individual ones of each plant yet. The little spots on the leaves are just water drops. The 2 seedlings on the side are now in there own box under four 23w lights.

1 Like

I haven’t figured out how to edit a post. When I measure my TDC run off. Is it after I feed the plants or after I just water them. I was running half strength and switched to full today to see how the grown ups act. I am at 799ppm after mixing.

1 Like

You can measure after feeding or just water. Suck up the first bit of runoff and discard that, then collect the last of the runoff and test the TDS/ppm.
Oh and you can edit your posts by clicking on the little pencil icon below the post.