My first real attempt

So ive tried off and on over the years with no success. But i decided to give it one more try early this spring. So my progress has been a fun learning experience, however i can see light at the end of the tunnel now. Please help me cross the finish line this time with any and all help you can give a first timer. Thank you all and happy smoke trails.

6 Likes

What strain and is it a photo or auto… looks like a photo to me but…

1 Like

I have no idea for sure on them. All these seeds were found in some premium smoke ive gotten over the past year. The two large plants are 3 weeks into a 12/12 cycle today. I had 3 but one grew nuts so he had to go.

1 Like

They look like they’ve completed the stretch period to set bud sites and your 5-7 weeks from harvest.
Time to feed for flower now through the finish. Keep humidity below 50% and keep the bugs off.

2 Likes

All looks good Growmie. No need for defoliation at the moment, plenty of air can circulate at this stage. 3 weeks from 12/12 would put you roughly 2 weeks into flower with a little stretch left but mainly will start bud development. I would say you have 8-9 weeks left to harvest. What nutrients and light are you using and have you been checking your run off PPMS and PH? At this stage I’m usually around 1000 PPMs and for soil a PH of 6.5 :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

I dont know how to check my ppms. But my soild ph is roughly 6.5. Im a long time user and novice grower. So i have much to learn.

I did put in a second net to separate and hold the tops down. Plus took the light all the way to the ceiling pole. God willing this gives me the clearance i need to end these two.

1 Like

A TDS pen measures parts per million and will measure EC or PPMS. This measurement is needed to know how much nutrients to feed and that number is taken from run off. When you feed or water it should run out the bottom of your pot. Most cultivators use a 20% factor. An example would be water ever quantity you put in 20% should run out the bottom, we collect a sample and test the PPMS and PH. This lets you know what’s in the medium for feeding. The Fox Farm mediums are great but need nutrients around weeks 5-6. As far as your plant height you can safely super crop these before they go to far in flower :love_you_gesture:

I just happen to notice something on one o my two in flower. Is this showing signs of a hermie plant?

1 Like

From looking around this site. I may have an issue with this plant. Can one of you experienced growers give me your honest opinion on the pics above.

1 Like

Those appear to be nanners… a hermie. Do a good inspection and remove them. Keep a close eye on her moving forward. Certain things can cause this like environmental stressors, light leaks with photo periods ect…:love_you_gesture:

1 Like

I have heavily inspected this plant. Cant find any other male like growth spot. Im not gonna kill yet. I did see what looked like orange hairs. But i think it maybe light burn. Im to novice to know.

1 Like

Today is week 4 of their 12/12. Should i defol these 2 more? I dont want to strip it to far

As long as you have good air flow and light penitration i wouldn’t touch a thing… 3 weeks into flower you may want to consider more defoliation but she’s looking great right now :muscle::beers:

1 Like

The tops are starting to fatten up. Meter should be in this week, so i can check my run off. But otherwise its like waiting on Christmas to get here.

Another week in. Any guesses on how many more week. And should i discontinue feeding it at this point?

2 Likes

The colors are starting to shift to a darker green center with way more orange hairs the past few days.

1 Like

Man you doin great :+1: congrats :beers:

1 Like

The plant in the rear of the tint is starting to curl this week. Maybe another 2 or 3 weeks. I need something to check the trichomes better.

1 Like

You’ve got about 6 weeks or more left on these. Appears you have a nutrient toxicity most likely a nitrogen over load. Are you feeding and watering to liberal run off and testing the PPMS and PH? :love_you_gesture:

1 Like