My first pictures finally!

I will write it down later today and post it.

1 Like

I start with Black Gold potting soil(organic)fill ten gallon grow bag about 1/3 full then add about 8 qts.Coco coir I just approximate kind of like cooking. Then I add a 4 qts.perlite,vermiculite and worm casings and mix thoroughly, then more soil and blood meal,bone meal,azomite, mychoorizae composted steer manure,all about 4 cups .Then if there’s room left I finish up with more soil and worm casings and coco.I fertilize about 5-6 weeks after transplant and again 2 weeks after starting flower Dr.Earth Flowering formula.If glowering drags out I will fertilize about week 6 or 7,then flush right before harvest.

Here’s what I do.Forgot to push the right arrow

Well,it’s been 19 days since the flip and I’ve got some flowers. Should I defoliate in a week or so?The Critical Mass is incredibly thick and the GSC Extreme is too.All of them are pretty thick,so what would you all do?@Dr.Zooted@JackieDaytona@Mr.Peat, @Dago22@kellydans@Tinman@Beardless@dbrn32@Kool Hand Luke? or anybody?

1 Like

Uploading: 16020101000676525178411053050956.jpg…

3 Likes

Those plants look absolutely gorgeous, extremely healthy! Very nice job. Well I’m pretty new as well but I’ve been reading a lot of different journals and seeing a lot of different people say that they do a heavy defoliation at day 21 from flip, but I’m not too sure the reasoning behind that number or anything. I’d say your girls definitely do look ready for a defoliation though, get more energy going towards growing those buds!

2 Likes

That’s what I’m thinking too but I have been hesitant in the past out of caution but they’re so thick I don’t think there’s a choice.

2 Likes

I would get in there and remove the large fan leaves, then do it again next week and the week after that if needed. You are blocking out a lot of light to the bud sites under those large leaves. A leaf blocks 85% of the light, allowing only 15% to pass thru, after going thru 2 leaves, there really isn’t anything left. A bud getting direct light will grow better than a bud getting no direct light. We are growing for buds, leaves are getting thrown out at the end anyway.

I do heavy defoliation weekly for first 3 or 4 weeks of flowering, believe me, my harvests do not suffer from it.

My last group of plants, a week or so before harvest

I never wish I had defoliated less.

7 Likes

From the looks of those,I think I have some defoliation to do for sure!Wow! Those buds are awesome!

2 Likes

Just transplanted my clones to the grodan hugos about 4 days ago and some of the plants have started to look a little yellow and curled up any ideas on what it could be?

1 Like

1 Like

@Hellraiser took the words right outta my phone lol :joy: and on top of the light getting through better it allows more air flow to with helps ur plants with photosynthesis and we’ll I’m sure u know how that works :wink:

2 Likes

Are ur cubes wet enough? They just seem dry to me from the pics

Yea i soaked em for the transplant they are still pretty wet

Here’s one of my LSDs,it’s the thirstiest plant I have ever seen. Got dry and I watered her 3 days ago to runoff.Hope I didn’t screw her up

This is my other tent.3 weeks almost since flip and still no flowers. Guess they’ll start when they are ready.Seems to be still forming preflowers.I start defoliation on both today,and water them again.

2 Likes

What size pots are these girls in?

7 gal fabric.

2 Likes

Hey @beardless @Covertgrower @AloysiusDevadanderAbercrombie @Arrow @CoyoteCody any suggestions for him to help his clones