My first outdoor auto grow

@Jmesser80… I appreciate that cause I need another way to hang that’s sturdy. I’ll pickup string this afternoon at Walmart, thanks for chimin in… :grimacing::herb:

2 Likes

I spent a lot of time in Holland Patent as a kid growing up. We had close family friends that lived there! Maybe your them! hahaha
@bonnie1

I grew up in Watertown NY

@bonnie1 I found the best type of string is cotton kind that is kind of stringy (meaning it has more fibers coming off the string) rather than the nylon. The cotton string seems to grab the stems better so you don’t even need to tie it off, I just wrap it around the stem a few times and the little fibers grab onto the stem and hold it in place.

2 Likes

thats a good tip @Jmesser80

1 Like

@Jmesser80 I have used the same method
I also hand they off a coat hanger using smaller branches to hold them on lol
Many ways just make sure they don’t fall off @bonnie1

2 Likes

@Screwauger… omg you’re kidding, we probably are them! Do you know where Powell Road is and the little park? My friend is coming at end of month from Watertown to spend the weekend…we’re gonna have a great time! I’m getting string 2 minutes from my house at Agway. Walmart sucked today! Prices are going up and couldn’t find anything but managed to spend $200, lol :joy: @Jmesser80… just got in, bought a 3 layer rack for drying also and booster stuff, wow gotta eat something, smoke little bud, I’ll get back to you :grimacing::herb::leaves:

3 Likes

Hahaha, it’s been too many years for me to remember street names! I know they lived across the street from a gravel pit or some type of fenced in quarry or road maintenance place because we used to ride bikes in that lot. You likely would recognize their names if you’ve lived there for a while. Three kids that are still in that area. The kids names from youngest to oldest were Jim, Robin and Deanna.

I hear you @bonnie1. That’s one of the main reasons I got Amazon prime. I dread going to stores, especially Wally World. It’s nice to buy local but sometimes I just can’t bare it

1 Like

@Screwauger… I’ve been here 26 yrs but my husband a lot longer, I could ask him. There is a place like you described but not right in the village of Holland Patent. Anyway… it’s a small world that anyone would know about Holland Patent… :grimacing:

2 Likes

@Jmesser80… Walmart is getting pricey! Just for plain plastic tray they wanted $10, so I didn’t get that, lol :joy: I got my digital scale, 8 big jars, 3 layer rack for drying and lots more but no food. Had a few personal items and spent $205… and still need stuff and hydro store was $30 for garden ties and small container of booster stuff. Oh well whatchagonnado… stop eating and going out…stay home and grow for the rest of the year…:joy::joy: :joy::grimacing::seedling::herb::leaves:

5 Likes

I used 20 gallon plastic totes you use for storage. Just cut holes on sides and bottom. Grew 7 foot plants

3 Likes

Update 8/27
11 weeks since sprout
Approximately 6 weeks since fist signs of flower.
Both plants are looking healthy. The northern lights has some yellowing in lower leafs but just normal yellowing during flower nothing to worry about.
The blueberry is showing the blueberry traits with some purple leafs and buds starting to darken up as well, we have been having colder nights the past week down into the mid 40s so I’m sure that’s helping out with the colors.
Blueberry autoflower

Northern Lights autoflower

@bob31 @Screwauger @SmoknGranny @Ron330 @bonnie1 @Countryboyjvd1971 @Covertgrower @Capt_Seeweed @Smokin_ernie

14 Likes

They do look great @Jmesser80

@zombo was just asking me about cal-mag and autoflowering. Are you seeing any calcium or magnesium deficiencies in your autos?

3 Likes

@bob31 Ive been using calmag throughout the grow. The nutrients I use doesn’t have any in it so I added calmag every other watering.
So I didn’t notice any calcium or magnesium deficiency since I had it in my plants regiment.

1 Like

I have read that cannabis in general, auto or photos need some extra… Some strains like AK I heard use more but from what I read stated that led lights, because of light wavelengths, cause cannabis to need a little help in the calcium/ magnesium department…

1 Like

They look awesome @Jmesser80! You inspire me to try autoflowers. Keep me updated. If I do, I’ll be sure to use Cal/Mag…

1 Like

@Jmesser80 how often did you use cal-mag?

1 Like

I used it every other watering @bob31.

ok thanks @Jmesser80

1 Like

@Covertgrower I would give them a shot. I’ve been impressed so far with the results.

1 Like