My First Growth Journal

A new grow room addition yea baby…

New pics from tonight
In order are WWX, Pineapple Express and Waikiki Queen

Looks the the WWX isn’t all that happy in certain areas of the growth not plant wide but in “Mitacle Grow” spots maybe? Live and learn…

Question…as this is my first grow so my first flowering too are the fan leaves ends being burnt and some turning a lighter green normal for being at day 24 since the flip to 12/12?
Not sure if that is normal this early into flower or not.

Any feedback is appreciated

Thanks
HAGD

3 Likes

I think they look good man. Nothing I see to stress over that jumps out at me :v::bear:

Thanks @MattyBear
What device do you use to view and or take close up pics of your buds and trichomes?

I don’t think my mag light app on phone will be able to get enough detail near end of flower to decide when to harvest. This is what I used on the 3 pics above showing the buds…doesn’t seem to give enough detail.

Thanks again

I use a jewelers loupe and hold my phone camera up to it and take pictures that way. Take a lot because they tend to come out blurry

Well the biological funcicide PreStop didn’t arrive today to treat rust fungus so hopefully will arrive tomorrow. I had also ordered some Serenade which also treats for that too which is supposed to get here tomorrow too.

I just started a test in the room my tent is in in order to raise my C02 ppm as since flowering began my tent ppm has dropped from the 600-750 range down to 450-550 range as I guess they are utilizing more than in veg. I have hung a Exhale bag in tent last week and it’s starting to have a lot of mycelium growth but as of now not producing enough to keep up with demand. This bag was already premixed. Yesterday I decided to also open the Exhale 365 bag and mixed it up and hung it as well. This will not really start producing c02 for another 4-6 weeks according to bag info.
I have a Mr. Buddy propane heater that I brought into the room and set up near the passive air intake and set on low to both up the temps a bit in the tent as since turning off my T5 side lights in tent the remaining lights aren’t keeping temps where I want them during the day of around 76-80. Also this propane heater is rated for use unvented and I wanted to see how much C02 would be added. Well after maybe 1 hour they are up in the 1350 to 1500 ppm range and temps have at lease come up to 76 as well. This increase in C02 ppm should allow me to provide more light that the HLG 600H 54b can provide as up to now the Ppm was too low for increasing light PPFD. Not sure how this will work for things and I won’t be running the buddy heater all the time. Was able to turn the 8” fan to lowest setting as the extra heat from the T5 fixtures no longer add to temps.

Will update my test info as I go on the C02 addition using the propane heater.

Thanks for tuning in

HAGD

1 Like

They look gr8… how long did you veg for just curious…

Thanks @LoCoRock
I’m not sure how everyone counts veg or flower as I’ve seen where they don’t add up the seedling stage or the “transition stage to flower from veg but I just calculate 2 stages. Seed with tail in soil as first and sprouted seeds went into soil November 28th and I flipped lights to 12/12 on January 28th so I guess that would be about 61 days in veg. I could be figuring wrong and not sure why divide the stages more than 2 of them.

Update on the buddy propane heater / C02 generator.lol…temps 78f and C02 is ranging between 1350 and 1500 ppm…NICE! :yin_yang::high_brightness::100::call_me_hand::+1::partying_face:

I used to have a jewelers loop for work some years back but my X had used it for something and it is now nowhere to be found. That will work for me to be able to tell if the trichomes are ready as I don’t need to photograph that just be able to tell myself but I was also looking at the add ons they have for phone camera.

Hmm

1 Like

Once you have the photos on your phone , you can zoom in to see where the trichomes are at

Ahh
Good point

Richgro is the brand im using… so what was your ppm?

The reason why I’m asking is strangely enough my brand doesn’t report any ppm at all. I’m thinking it’s just mud.

Just throw whatever amount you want in some water and let me know what ppm you get

The ppm didn’t change at all after adding it.
Same as my tap water

Isnt that interesting… is it supose to.? Im getting a guy to send me some Indonesian quano ( phosphorus ) tomorrow so ill see if that has an effect on ppm

He’s really sending you bat shit from Indonesia. I agree 100% @Skydiver - 2 stages would make it soooo much easier for most stoners. LOL BTW my b day is 11/27- that is when I soaked seeds - I think I actually went into dirt 12/02 our girls are the same age. Don’t they grow so fast? LOL

1 Like

Oh & I flipped February 1st…lol we are right in track to watch together.

That’s cool @LoCoRock
They are tracking about the same in the cycle.

Here is what I have found on Rock Phosphate @GreenCoat

http://www.iosrjournals.org/iosr-jestft/papers/vol8-issue11/Version-3/D081132239.pdf

Seems it is insoluable based on what I read and understood from article and needs to be broken down by the soil critters to become available to the plants so maybe this is why it doesn’t add to the ppm reading when in solution?

My best guess anyway

Well it’s 2:53pm here with winds sustained at 45-50mph gusts 65 and my power just went out. Lights came on at 1pm. I have a UPS power back up for internet and wireless just nothing for lights lol

Last night I treated for the Rust Fungus using 2 different biological products using one in feed water and the other as a foliar spray. I will update on how effective the treatment is.
Here is the info on the PreStop powder $30 for 100 grams and depending on the strength you want .01% .05% 2% etc I mixed entire package with about 4 gallons water and feed too all plants even new seedlings and clones even though they haven’t shown any signs of rust and are in another room.

Then I used the Serenade mixed for foliar spray on all plants as it says it’s ok to use up until the day of harvest for fruiting plants where the PreStop specifies not to use foliar with fruits on plants.

I opens up one end of the tent closest to the basement window and removed the cardboard covering the window and got some natural light - not much but some and I cranked up the buddy propane heater.
Well the light came back on after about 45 minutes or so and reset everything that needed to be … humidifiers, fans etc.

While checking my plants I saw this on the Waikiki Queen…Hmm any thoughts on the balls?

1 Like

Those are a set of balls my friend…you got seeds.