My First Growth Journal

Nice!

So far, which do you prefer, Pineapple Express or White Widow?

I met a grower once who grew in 50% castings, 25% perlite, and 25% vermiculite. I never saw his grows, but he said he had great results and the buds were excellent.

Well I prefer pineapple for day and White Widow for night time lol
I like them both and they are smooth smoke even though not fully cured.
I’ve always had a variety of flavors over the years and besides the 2 that I grew I have like 4-5 other strains that I bought and I’ll tell ya I think my stuff is better all around.
Quality Control

Yea the worm shit grow will be interesting for sure

1 Like

Thank you for the feedback.

I’m going all out this year:

Afghani
White Widow
Blueberry
Gorilla Glue
Grand daddy purple
Sour diesel
NYC Diesel
LA confidential
Maui wowie
Super lemon haze
Cherry pie
Durban Poison
Skunk #1
Mexican Sativa

It’s going to be a lot of work!!!

3 Likes

Here are my 3rd gen round of ladies.
Planted popped seeds last night and should have them up and atom in the next day or so.

1 Like

@Skydiver burdock is an ugly plant. What medicinal purpose do you use it for? It is about time spring arrives. If it were not for the fact that the Red Sox are playing right now I would be outside raking. In fact I think I will go out because they are getting killed today. Ugh.

1 Like

Lol @Oldsoldier1976 I think it is B E A U Tiful. From a standpoint of the stickers they suck but there are many uses for keeping them around when needed. Just like they told us we needed to buy chemicals to kill dandelions in our yards over the years so we all could have the “same” sterile yards with no bio diversity above or below ground so they could 1) make money and 2) make money while we spend it and ruin our yards / soil etc.

I use burdock root for my gut problems as a tea…

There are many uses for it and dandelion and many “WEEDS” they lied to us about as needing to be eradicated rather than propagated and used naturally.
Sound like any other weed you know of? Lol
Too many sheeple out there believing the advertisers/marketing etc.
(Not referring to you or anyone in particular just the masses in general)

3 Likes

Very cool short video of worms composting and making vermicompost.
Get a worm farm and get free nutrients for your plants and reduce your footprint. All the remaining black stuff is the poop to help you grow stuff!

4 Likes

I have a whole worm farm with around 10-15 lbs of worms. I have Africannight crawlers, European night crawlers, and red Wiggler’s. I also sell my wormcast and worms!!!

3 Likes

All thanks to the Europeans that came over to the US to farm in the 16, 17th centuries. Brought there seeds and their worms!

1 Like

Interesting read on the invasion of foreign worms:

3 Likes

I hear you @Skydiver I honestly hear you. You are very correct. I am a bad person for what I said given my home is an Asian culture and we use some very interesting stuff. However you have captured the Burdock in its only pretty stage. But after that I just don’t like thorny stuff it emits. Those roots though are certainly full of some very important elements.

Hello all,

Well it’s harvest day for the Waikiki Queen.
I will post some pics and wet weight later on today.
Finally will have my first grow finished.

1 Like

Congrats!

Hello everyone,

I just finished up with the harvest of the Waikiki Queen.
The buds were solid and not very many small ones.
Here are the results of the wet trim.
I will update the dry weight in 5-7 days once finished drying in the WeDryer and after trimming off the built in handles (stems) lol
I now have enough shake I think to make some canna butter or canna coco? Or both or something else or …any suggestions welcome as that will be my first attempt at using the residual plant material other than juicing it or just eating it or composting it or in the fireplace. All the previous shake was put in freezer for future use so I probably have around 250 wet frozen grams to use.

Thanks for tuning in and HAGD

4 Likes

Looking good. So, 457 g’s wet?

Yes sir I’m happy with that being my first grow in living soil using natural nutrients.
This next round I have going will be better with the last grow under my belt!

1 Like

It’s always a good feeling, happy for you.

1 Like

Congratulations

1 Like

Great grow. How big was that clay pot? You should show us the root ball. That would be cool to see as well. Thanks for sharing enjoy your harvest.

1 Like

Thanks @Oldsoldier1976
Clay pot was 5 gallon
I posted pics in an earlier post of the earlier plant I harvested root ball from about 2 weeks ago and cut a piece of pizza out of the soil too.
I will pull that last one and take pics to as I want to look at that as well.