My First Growth Journal

Hello all here is some things I’ve been doing to better my set up for the grow.
My new RO system has been installed. It is small and very easy to hook up either to a faucet using the silver push/pull diverter at the spout or by hooking up the garden hose adapter which is what I used as I had a splitter attached to my utility sink for other purposes.

The black hose is the waste water created during production of the RO water to be used. The waste water can be drained away or also collected and used for other things. It seems to be about a 3-4 to 1 ratio of waste to usable water.

The white tube is where the filtered water exits the system for use. As of now it takes about 2 1/2 hours to produce 4 gallons. The water pressure, water temperature, hardness of the source water and the condition of the filters all come into play with how much will be produced in a given time. My water temp from tap this time of year as I remember it checking years ago for my fresh and saltwater fish tanks was around 55 degrees F and colder water slows production down.

Here are some updates pics of my seedlings and clones. Will be Fiiming them here soon. Not sure how long a 1 gallon pot takes to become full of roots and require transplanting into their final 5 or 7 gallon pots.

I had been watching these little ants running around the edges of my closet doing their thing and I just let them be but when they started crawling onto my pots and plants I decided to reluctantly end them.

I simply mixed 1 TBSP of borax (available at Walmart and many places and cheap and has many other natural cleaning uses - old school stuff before all the crazy chemically convenient stuff came out)-
3 TBSP of brown sugar as I don’t use the sterile white sugar anymore but if that’s what you have that works fine too. Then in the small container mixed the 2 together and then slowly added warm water and stirred it (I added to much water at first so it was more liquid than I wanted but it worked fine.
The ants either died while consuming the mix at the feeding trough or they carried the mix back to the nest which kills the Queen etc and that is the goal of this.
Less than 8 hours later…

The ants that I do still see crawling around seem lethargic and dazed and confused except some are normal acting but those might be the newly hatched ones.
Seems that they have lost interest on the remaining mix and if in another day they are still around I will mix up a fresh batch and see how that goes.

Thanks for tuning in and HAGD

4 Likes