My first grow, would love your thoughts

@nicky @Randy_Marsh thanks for the info guys appreciate the help! I’m sure with another month to go I’ll know when it’s ready to harvest.

1 Like

New grow tent and spider farmer light arrived yesterday. Like the new ac infinity tent.

And just cause I’m excited about this, I’m starting to grow some golden teacher shrooms too. A few days from those starting to pin I hope.

3 Likes

Upgraded the tent to a 4’x2’x5’ from a 2x2x4. Might see what I need to do to be able to use the smaller tent for drying, so I can start my new grow sooner.

1 Like

Looking good interested in the shrooms , set up looking clean

1 Like

Like @Nicky and @Randy_Marsh said. I grow auto’s and almost all of mine went 12 to 14 weeks till harvest.

2 Likes

I’m following a broke boy tek video I saw on youtube. I used brown rice in a couple of 1 quart mason jars, to start the innoculation. Then after 2 weeks I mixed in some coco coir in a 12 quart tub. It’s a little more involved than that just cause you need to keep things sterile.

I should be able to get 3 or 4 harvests out that as well.

Here is a couple pics of the mason jars from start to finish and the tub when I mixed it up with the coco coir.

3 Likes

My real question would be where do I get the spores from ?

If you live in any of the states that aren’t idaho and georgia you can buy the spores from a number of websites. If you live in one of those 2 you need to find a site that won’t care.

I bought a liquid culture for 35 bucks and I’ll have an endless supply of golden teacher. It is super easy to collect your own spores and even clone them.

Check out phillygoldenteacher on youtube I’ve found his videos to be the most helpful.

3 Likes

Pretty funny animations , I just need to find this websites since I’m not in the states mentioned above so I’m golden :wink: jeje, he just got a new student :man_student:

2 Likes

Can we share external links here? The place I bought from is in Colorado. I wasn’t as lucky as you I’m in one of the two states. Haha

1 Like

Plants look great! I just started to educate myself on growing shrooms. Hope to start this spring. I looked into the pf tek method.

Not sure , about what links are ok , I know there are some authorized retailers, but the most they would do is take the link off, i see a lot of YouTube and other links in here all the time

Good point. https://buymagicmushroomsusa.com

1 Like

Check out this guy’s videos, I have found his method to be pretty simple. https://youtube.com/c/PhillyGoldenTeacher, I’m following his first 4 videos, since they don’t have a pressure cooker.

1 Like

I’m starting to see these brown spots popping up on the leaves of some of the older buds on my jack herer. Is this magnesium deficiency?

I have ordered some calmag that should be here this weekend.

I don’t think calmag is going to hurt it. It’s looking for something! I don’t have a chart handy but I’ll try to find one. It shows what the different leaf colors or spots could be.

I have this one

2 Likes

Thinking now it’s calcium deficiency. Either way the calmag should help hopefully!

1 Like

I believe u said ur growing autos with FFOF, 55 days n. Take it easy on the nutes. it’s easy to overdue it especially if u don’t have a log to lean on. Looks like ur on it with the Cal-Mag though, you’ve done ur homework. Write everything down it will come n handy n the future. Also take a look on the interweb for buffer solutions. Most people under spend on their meters, me included, learn to calibrate them, n do it at least every couple months. Piece of mind is worth the extra $. Good Luck to u sir…:alien:

2 Likes

I’m on day 63 now so week 9, I do go light on the nutes I’ve read that the ocean forest is hot and to hold off on nutes for a few weeks. I think I started with nutes during week 4 sometime. I give them about a quarter to a third of the recommended dose.

I have been looking at some new ph meters I bought a cheap one initially and I don’t like it.