My first Grow with the strain in my profile

As I stated in my profile I started about eight seeds That are second generation to a mixed of White Widow, Blue Dream and Sour Diesel,
I have never grown before but have seen god bad and indifferent grows, including one done in my backyard two years ago. Because of all the different opinions I came to this site. I decided to follow alot of information collected from this site. the grow is outdoors and I have put some in the ground and some in grow bags and one of the seeds I pushed into the dirt with my sweet pepper tree plant lol. Now I started them in March But they are all growing at different levels. I want to feed them and have recieved the Flower Power four pack. I am confused about the feeding time and mixing and things of that nature since," to me I cant understand their chart on there site or there mixing" I could really use some help with that.
Also I just recieved my Blueberry Autoflower seeds so I definitely want to know the the best way outdoor for them. I have also planted mint in the same bags or close to each plant to help defer the little bugs and stuff. but also ordered those bottle of bug, mold. and root. but they havent arrived yet. So if you all have any advice I welcome it.

Below are the pictures of the plants I started in March.

8 Likes

ok i went out with the meter today to test ph moisture and light for all and have noticed that three of them in different areas and getting red stems and one of them has a darkening in the center of the leaf i have pics of it and now im off to read about what they need or dont need

to change what is happening with those three.

2 Likes

Sounds like your using a 3 way yard probe.
Those are notorious for being the worsted ph meter you can get,they are good for moisture though.
As for the leaves I will call in more knowledgeable peeps.
@Donaldj @Majiktoker @garrigan62
@bob31 @Countryboyjvd1971

1 Like

@katz welcome to the site. You have chosen wisely! Haha!

I’m the same age, 3 grandkids and live on the opposite coast. I quit back in 78 when I went in the military and through my life I was subject to drug testing. Since I retired in 2015 and MA went legal recently I jumped back in.

Hopefully we can help you figure out what’s going on.

I’m gonna do another post for a support ticket to fill out along with a chart to help you identify the problems you are seeing and then I’m going to include a few Amazon links for a pH meter etc.

2 Likes

COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, ILGM… name of strain:

Age from Sprout:

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco / Brand and type of Soil & Size of Pots:

How often do you water and how do you determine when to do so?

PH of water and runoff or solution in reservoir:

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS:

Indoor or Outdoor:

Light system, size and height from plants:

Temps; Day, Night:

Humidity; Day, Night:

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size:

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier:

Co2; Yes, No:

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you

Also here is a Deficiencies & Excesses Chart to help you identify what is wrong with your plants

ph and meter

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00N7432II/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?tag=greenrel-20

ph up & Down

https://www.amazon.com/General-Hydroponics-GH1514-Control-Kit/dp/B000BNKWZY/ref=sr_1_2?tag=greenrel-20

Ph test kit - drops

https://www.amazon.com/General-Hydroponics-Test-Kit-1-Ounce/dp/B000BT32UA/ref=sr_1_4?tag=greenrel-20

The amazon links are for illustration of the recommendations. they are available from any number of locations including local hydro stores.

1 Like

Also it looks like something is eating your plants. That appears to be what that damage is. Generally they will be on the underside of the leaf.

Food Grade DE (or Garden Grade) and a spray bottle of neem oil should get the job done! Aslong as they are staying outdoors then you can expect bugs.

Just to be safe let’s get you to fill out the support ticket and as @Nug-bug suggested we need to talk about the ph of the water you are watering with! @katz

1 Like

All good info @bob31
And welcome @katz
Top picture looks like something might be eating your leaves as well
And I’m with @Nug-bug wouldn’t trust a probe style meter for anything but moisture readings
Fill in support ticket and we can get you fixed up proper
Happy growing

2 Likes

bob31 bob31 Regular
June 12
COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA
Strain; Type, Bag seed, ILGM… name of strain:
Age from Sprout:
Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco / Brand and type of Soil & Size of Pots:
How often do you water and how do you determine when to do so?
PH of water and runoff or solution in reservoir:
What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS:
Indoor or Outdoor:
Light system, size and height from plants:
Temps; Day, Night:
Humidity; Day, Night:
Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size:
AC, Humidifier, De-humidifierCo

1. strain is a indica mix second generation seeds from a plant that grew from three different strains, they were White Widow, Blue Dream, and Sour Diesel. he did a thirty plant grow last year and I got some seeds.
  2. soaked in water for 24 hrs, and put them in these Jiffy Professional greenhouse Peat Pellets.
    3.The picks below were taken the 27th of April and it was super soil in those white bags and i had two in pots that was from soil from a grow two years ago done in our back yard. and three in the ground no special soil at all.
  3. watered every day till about a week ago.
  4. all outdoor.
  5. temps have been from 54 degrees at night to sometimes in 80s and we had a whole lot of rain in may that took us northern ca. out of the drought. today it was 74 at night 63, we had hail yesterday lol.
  6. just recieved the Flower power four pack cant make heads or tails of how to mix and when to use and what?
    I did spray with neem tonight before it got dark.
    Thats it thats all.
    Please help ,me figure out in simple terms the Flower Power 4 pak because I just recieved my Blueberry auto flower seeds from you all.
    Thanks Katz.
    the three in ground have super soil around them. The two in pots were from the dirt from the old grow. and the three in the bags are in Super Soil; Picks taken on the 27th of April.

Thank you. I cant seem to enlarge the chart, I found that chart last night after post but the words are to small even with my glasses and it gets distorted when i enlarge with paint soo. and yes it was happnstance that i bought a two prong meter with a little monies I had at the time. I will be looking into a better one i do check ph comming from faucet every now and again because I have a fish tank It always seems to be around 7.
my blueberry Auto grow I just got im only going to do one seed at a time because I want to try it and not sure if it will be indoor or out yet.
Plus I want to get the feeding figured out on the plants I have first before I do the Blueberry.

Hi @katz 7 is a little high.

Which chart are you having issues seeing. I can see if I have a better copy.

I have a couple recommendations. If you are on a limited budget you can get by for a while with the pH Test kit and pH up and down. if you however can afford them, I would highly recommend an inexpensive ph meter. pH up & down and calibration fluid.

Thos prongs you stick in the soil are notorious for being unreliable and inaccurate. AND 80% of all of the issues we see are related to the pH being off.

Ph test kit - drops

https://www.amazon.com/General-Hydroponics-Test-Kit-1-Ounce/dp/B000BT32UA/ref=sr_1_4?tag=greenrel-20

ph up & Down

https://www.amazon.com/General-Hydroponics-GH1514-Control-Kit/dp/B000BNKWZY/ref=sr_1_2?tag=greenrel-20

pH Meter

https://www.amazon.com/Jellas-Household-Hydroponics-Aquariums-Resolution/dp/B00YBUH4RC/ref=sr_1_1?tag=greenrel-20

7.0 calibration fluid
https://www.amazon.com/General-Hydroponics-7-0-Calibration-Solution/dp/B001D0CKYK/ref=sr_1_3?tag=greenrel-20

well I have sprayed twice now with the neem mixture it is getting rid of them their spider mites and white flies. and I used my fish tank ph tester for the water outside and it showing around the color of just above the six ill show a picture of the test
I used. On the charts the wording is just way to small for me to read so now im trying to figure out the way to mix the flowerpower stuff and start useing it. i gotta get a scaLE AND DO THE GRAM THING PER LITER THING. @#$% i WISH i DIDNT CUT MY MATH CLASS SO M.UCH LOL

teaspoons to grams 1/4 tsp is roughly 1.2 grams so if you convert to gallons 3/4 tsp would be around 1 gram per/L if mixed 1 gallon at a time

1 Like

Lmfao you can google most conversions @katz so it easier on you hahahaha I’ve said the exact same thing tho

@Donaldj the rescue hahaha
Also when tagging some one make sure you leave spaces before @ and after screen name other wise the person won’t see it :+1:

2 Likes

YOU ARE A LIFE SAVEr, THANK YOU <3
@Donaldj and @Countryboyjvd1971

1 Like

@bob31 @Countryboyjvd1971 @Nug-bug @Donaldj ok so

i did the copy past support ticket and have sprayed with the neem solution, that seems to be working Here are some very recent pick of them plus I am doing one ilgm auto flower blueberry in bedroom on desk there is a pick after the seed was in water for less than 12 hrs I also just want to say with all the reading and help and advice you all have offered to everyone here I can’t seem to learn enough. I totally love this site. and want to say thank you
PS there is one that sits with a sweet red bell pepper plant that i couldnt seperate for transplanting so they both went together. The last pic is another blueberryAuto Flower that never has gone past this stage. I have put it in dirt and am hoping for the best.

3 Likes

Looks great @katz very nice job!

1 Like

I’m with @bob31 @katz looking good keep up the good work woohoo :raised_hands:
Happy growing CB

So the very last picture is the blue berry auto? If so then you might have to start increasing the dark time to make it start to flower. Even though it’s an auto it still has photo period in its genes.
@katz

1 Like

Yes it is and yes it got dark time and is starting to peek out of the dirt. thank you, I don’t think it would have gone any further without you telling me that because I’ve always left a small light on, on my desk. I turn it off at night now.
@Nug-bug

1 Like