My first grow...with a tent

Hi all this is my first grow and just want to make sure I’m on track… I’m confused on RH on what it needs to be.

Plants are 2 weeks old from the time I germinated them.

Light it 12 inches from the plant running around 40%

4x4 living room grow tent
1000w spider farmer with dimmer.
2x 6 inch fans. Sorry for the aweful pictures.

3 Likes

I can’t find the right VPD chart right now but many people just keep the Rh around 60 during veg and 40 later in flower.

There are optimal levels (vapor pressure deficit), but they can cause mold without proper air movement and ventilation.

It looks like you’re off to a good start.

3 Likes

What @Underthestairs this guy said^^

Looking good so far!

1 Like

RH > 50% for veg and < 50% for flowering, in general.

Here’s a VPD chart folks were discussing above.

3 Likes

Looks good. Seedlings don’t need all that much light. I am not familiar with your light but watch for signs of stress from heat & too much light.

3 Likes

I have my Light dimmer down to about 40% and 12 inches above I don’t notice any yellowing or anything… I’m running it 18hr on 6 off…

Anything specific I should be looking for?

Thanks for the reply.

1 Like

Just be sure NOT to overwater and make sure you have drain holes at bottom

They don’t need much at this stage

4 Likes

I think light is closer than I would have it too.

3 Likes

Maybe this will help. It is from LumiGrow and covers quite a few items

The first row is light intensity. At your plants age & size it prescribes a PPFD of 200.
I went to spider farmer site and your light at 12" the center PPFD is 972 at 100%. Therefore at 40% the PPFD 390±. This 2x the recommended PPFD. The same calculation at 18" the light is producing 220 PPFD at the top of the plant.
This is LumiGrows’ recommendations presumably based on its lights. None the less it gets you in the ballpark. Another thing is the dimmer may not necessarily be accurate. I use a Kill-A-Watt meter to measure the draw because some of the dimmers are drastically inaccurate. FWIW

1 Like

Thanks so much I did get a light meter yesterday and I agree it was way to close I moved it up to 24 tonight I will fine tune it with your recommendations

Thanks again.

1 Like

My update 18 days in I’ve adjusted my light and took the plants out of the solo cup and put them in a 3 gallon pot…

Next thing I need is advice on a ventilation set up my tent is a 4x4 I have 2 6 inch clip on fan running that’s it…

I don’t know the size I need was told 4 inch with charcoal filter any links or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Nope on 4” imo
You need a 6” or bigger if you ask me

I have the AC Infinity 6” in my 3x3 and it’s great… nice and quiet

1 Like

6" will run less and most likely be more quiet.

2 Likes

What they said^^ 6inch ac infinity is what I use on both my 4x4 tents. I bought the T version I think it was where it has a probe that auto reads the temp and humidity in the tent and can adjust the fan speed accordingly. It’s nice but if strapped for cash I would use the cash elsewhere.

18 days in what do you all think !
Transplanted 1 week ago into 3 gallon pots humidity is 70 and heat is 73. 20211008_183416|281x500