My First Grow, White Widow Auto

@scylents do you have any advice on watering? Mainly how much they should be getting.

Wait until they are super light. Stress yourself out a little. Then water, and see how heavy the pot is again.

@scylents sounds good. From some of the reading I’ve done, seems like once the plants hit one month, then they’re are giving them half a gallon. So I think what I’ll plan on doing is since the plants are at day 20, and I’m at 500mL, I’m going to increment up to half a gallon the next eleven days. Don’t know if that will produce any run off, but that was the next thing I was going to try and find, when to do their first soak. At that point I’ve read that pretty much you look for 10-20% run off, and then wait till they’re dry before watering again.

1 Like

I figured I’d focus on quantity first, then quality. I have only done anything to the water once they are super hungry.

Grow Update 6/16/20
Day 22 from sprout. I started training the second set of mains on one of the plants, and I started training the runt. The plant with the broken main, it’s leaves shriveled up, so I just removed the broken main. The other plant isn’t ready for it’s second set of mains to be trained yet.

I gave the plants 655mL of dechlorinated 6.57pH water. Working my way up to half a gallon by it’s 30 day mark.

Grow Update 6/18/20
Day 24 from sprout. First the bad news, snapped another main, this time on the runt. So far I like the results of main-lining, but I think next time I’ll just try LST. Probably wasn’t the best decision, since I’m a brand new grower, it’s not complicated or anything, just think I need more experience under my belt.

Yesterday I gave one of the plants it’s last topping, and by the looks of the others, I don’t think I’ll be able to top them again, but will see. I gave the plants 833mL of dechlorinated 6.57pH water.

One of the plants fan leaves are curling a little bit, so I need to investigate what the cause of that is.

These are the leaves I mentioned above

1 Like

Grow Update 6/20/20
Day 26 from sprout. Gave all the plants 1000mL of dechlorinated 6.57pH water. I say one is spot on, and the other three have had there oops moments, but hey, first time grower, and that’s how you learn.

The plant front left had it’s last topping and tie down. I removed all the under growth so it can focus its energy on the eight colas.

The plant back left is the one that had it’s entire main snap off. I pretty much left it alone and it seems to be starting it’s flowering phase. I removed most of the undergrowth, so it can focus it’s energy on the two colas.

The plant front right, is another that had its main snap, but it actually seems to be doing ok. They fan leaves haven’t wilted, so fingers crossed.

The plant back right, is doing ok. Still some curling of the leaves, but I think it’s from underwatering. I removed some undergrowth, just so it could give its energy to the other spots.

1 Like

**Grow Update 6/23/20 **
Day 29 from sprout. I did the last topping and tie down of one of the other plants. I also did some defoliating to the two other plants. I gave the plants 1200mL of dechlorinated 6.67pH water yesterday.

1 Like

Grow Update 6/26/20
Day 32 from sprout. I raised the lights, so that the tallest plant is 18-20" away from the lights, and I cranked the output all the way up. The tallest plant is getting about 40k LUX, and the others are getting 30-33k LUX. I also turned the humidifier off, as I’m in the high 40s to low 50s for humidity and the plants are starting to flower, and I want to be in 40-50% humidity.

I gave the plants it’s first half gallon of dechlorinated 6.57pH water on the 6/24/20, and boy did I notice the difference of the pots weights. I plan on starting nutes on 6/29/20 because it’ll be 5 weeks.

All the plants have had their last toppings and tie downs. Now all I’m doing is cutting fan leaves every now and then, so the plants can focus its energy for the flowers.

Grow Update 6/29/20
Day 35 from sprout. I’m removed a couple of fan leaves that were covering buds. I started nutrients today with the Fox Farm trio, starting at week five in their soil schedule, but only used a quarter strength. Gave each of the plants half a gallon at 6.5pH.

1 Like

Grow Update 7/2/20
Day 38 from sprout. Gave the plants half a gallon of 6.56-6.58pH water with quarter strength Fox Farm trio nutrients according to week five.

Two of the plants are flowering, but the other two still seem to be in veg. Could very well be, because of stress from the main-lining, but will see what happens.

Grow Update 7/5/20
Day 41 from sprout. Gave the plants half a gallon of 6.53-6.56pH dechlorinated water without nutrients. Two of the plants seem to be flowering fine, but the other two don’t really show any signs.

I took out the humidifier as I don’t need it anymore, and I added another fan for more airflow. Humidity has been a slight issue now. I have the exhaust fan on full speed, but my humidity has varied from the low fifty’s, to high fifty’s. Shooting for 40-50% humidity.

Grow Update 7/8/20
Day 44 from sprout. Gave the plants half a gallon of 6.53-6.56pH dechlorinated water with half strength of the nutrients, based off of week 6 in Fox Farm schedule.

Grow Update 7/12/20
Day 48 from sprout. Gave the two in the front, half a gallon of 6.53pH dechlorinated water with half strength of the nutrients, based off of week 6 in Fox Farm schedule. The two in the back didn’t feel like they needed to be watered yet.

It now looks like the other two plants are starting to flower, slowly.

Grow Update 7/15/20
Day 51 from sprout. I gave the back two plants half a gallon of 6.53pH dechlorinated water with 3/4th strength of Fox Farm nutrients, according to their week seven schedule. The front two plants I gave half a gallon of 6.57pH dechlorinated water, with no nutrients, because they’ve already had nutrients twice this week.

I raised both lights, so they’re 18" way from the tallest plant. I started to noticed some brown spots on the plant that is in all Happy Frog soil. I think it’s a calcium deficiency, but need to research it more.

Grow Update 7/19/20
Day 55 from sprout. I gave the plants half a gallon of 6.52-6.53pH dechlorinated water with 3/4 strength of Fox Farm nutrients, according to their week seven schedule.

I installed the filter a couple of days ago.

1 Like

Grow Update 7/22/20
Day 58 from sprout. I gave the back two half a gallon of 6.52pH dechlorinated water because they’ve already had nutrients twice this week. I gave the front two plants half a gallon of 6.53pH dechlorinated water with 3/4 strength of Fox Farm nutrients, according to their week eight schedule.

I removed some fan leaves from the back right plant because it was getting crowded. I also removed all the tie downs as I figured I didn’t need them any more. I also took some pictures with my USB microscope, but the pictures are a little shaky because of my hands.

20200722_195743

20200722_195948

20200722_195855

2 Likes

I bet those are looking mighty cloudy by now…

@scylents I actually plan on reading about harvesting today, so I know when I should and what to do.

1 Like

Grow Update 7/25/20
Day 61 from sprout. I gave the back plants half a gallon of 6.53pH dechlorinated water with full strength nutrients according to the Fox Farms 8 week schedule. I gave the front two plants half a gallon of 6.53pH dechlorinated water with no nutrients, because they’ve already had nutrients twice this week.

I inspected the two plants that are well into flowering. I’m see a lot more brown pistils on the back plant, and the front plant has some. After looking at the trichomes I think they still need a bit before harvesting.

Front Plant

20200725_190710 20200725_191422 20200725_191434 20200725_191722 20200725_191814 20200725_191851

Back Plant

20200725_192142 20200725_192339 20200725_192429 20200725_192446 20200725_192625 20200725_192711