My first grow, what is next

Day no 7 of seedling, you comments guys.

1 Like

Like Kabongster said above you need to get that light closer! See how it’s stretching for the light? …eventually it will just fall over (you might want to support it with something)
-best wishes

I would recommend that with your next grow, or even when you transplant this seedling, that you should add some perlite or vermiculite to your soil. It looks like it’s compacted and could use some aeration for better water flow through your soil. Keeps your soil from holding too much water too.

2 Likes

is it peat moss? that’s good to fight against damping off, and with all your stem showing, you should be concerned. Damping off is a disease that scares all growers.

1 Like

Absolutely! I’m starting a soil grow right now, I intend to use about a 30% perlite cut

1 Like

Hi there’
This is how my plants close to the lights

By the way, what is the perlite or vermiculite ? Can you show a photo, this is the best soil i can find in my country fox farm soil is not available and if i will buy it i will pay to much money for shipping.

If you don’t have access to vermiculite or perlite where you are you can use small gravel about size of a pea will work too

It makes for good drainage and the dirt is less like mud and more air is always better

This is perlite. It’s little white pebble like rocks. Vermiculite is very similar too.
You add it to soil for better aeration in your soil.
You should definitely be able to find it in a store near you.
http://www.amazon.com/Horticultural-Perlite-Including-Additive-Conditioner/dp/B012GT6FRO/ref=sr_1_6?s=lawn-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1457040025&sr=1-6&keywords=Perlite

I would really get some support for your one plant that stem is gonna be weak. I had the same problem, I buried a few inches of it in soil and twist tied a little plastic stick to it as an orthopedic until its stem hardens.

2 Likes

Hi guys,
I think everything should be ok now, please comment. The problem i am facing right now is the temp, i am unable to bring it below 30 and the summer did not even start, the temp in summer could reach 50, yes 50 do not panic so what i should do ?

air conditioner

Shes looking good now

Hey guys ,
Can someone tell me this below plant in which stage ?

The other plant is WWF in same conditions and grow room but she looks sad and she start going down, can someone tell me what is wrong here ?

Any one there?!

sorry had company last night and lots of transplants to do during the day they are both just entering veg stage and the bottom one could be over watered or suffering from too much nitrogen possibly simply having a ph issue what’s your run off ph? I know you say both plants are in same space and treated the same but every seed is different and every cup of soil as well I need more info.

Hey Donald,

the PH run is 5.8 i just added 1mg of cal mag when the problem was already there, today i again water it, the soil was dry and i also again added half mg of cal mag with PH the water down to 5.8, this is it

i already started feeding my PKF with nutrients and yesterday was the second feeding, is’t ok? or too early ?

I think you should stop with the cal mag until you actually know what’s wrong. You might be just making it worse by adding cal mag over and over. Also. Your pH is low for soil.

Thanks ktreez ,
What is the PH run off should be?

Hi guys,
Do i need to top my plant ?

For true soil grows, I believe pH should be between 6.5 and 6.3
For soilless media grows (coco and perlite), I believe the pH should resemble hydro pH, meaning it should be at 5.8-6.0

So you can determine the pH of your soil by using pH water to soak your soil, catch the runoff and check its pH. Then compare it to the pH of the water you dumped in. Check to see if the runoffs pH is higher or lower than the original pH water you initially poured in. Once you know that, you can begin to truly fix your plants problems. So do that, also, fill out a support ticket with as much info as you can, and post it in the thread for the big dogs to really figure out exactly what is going on with your plant.

The guys on here are INCREDIBLE at diagnosing plant problems, they just need the right info!
Hope I helped a little!

Treez