My First Grow Update 2

Harlequin
Planted on 2/15
Flip to 12/12 on 3/18 w/auto timer

Things are looking better since my last post. Definitely improved since last post and my buds are coming in nicely still. I am seeing amber starting to appear on my buds.

I am so glad I found this forum.

Saturday will be 6 weeks since 12/12 flip, so I am guessing I am looking at around the 20th of May for harvest?

Dumb question, but would these buds have the thc/cbd ratio now or is this still happening? If I were to dry a bud and smoke today, would I get a buzz or is it still too early?

Sorry dumb questions I know, just trying to understand the process.

Thanks for all the help with this. I have learned a lot from the advice given. I am excited to start another grow.

Previous posts for those interested.

5 Likes

For what it’s worth, go by the plant’s ripeness visually, not the estimated time from the seed site. They’re almost never accurate.

Plant looks good and healthy. I would guess May 20 at the earliest for harvest, but honestly would anticipate a month + from where you’re at. She may surprise me, some plants do that.

As far as CBD/THC - sure, she’s building it now. There won’t be much (it might get you high now but it’ll more than likely give you a bad headache instead).

4 Likes

Thanks for the info about harvest/ripeness.

Is it correct that the longer I let it mature the THC levels will increase along with the effects? Meaning that the THC / CBD ratio will increase on the THC side or does that matter at all?

Correct to a degree. When the buds are matured and the trichromes are all cloudy the buds will have peak THC. If you go past that THC will actually degrade some. Having some amber trichromes is desirable for most of us though. You watch the trichromes at the end of the grow and harvest when they’re where you want them. I don’t have one on my phone but there are charts that show clear, cloudy and amber trichs and the effects from each.

Edit: searched and found one…

2 Likes

The amount of CBD in the plant has no relationship to the amount of THC - that’s determined by the genetics of the plant.

2 Likes

Thanks for this. This will help a lot.

Will my iPhone camera pick up the trichomes or do I need a stronger magnifying glass to check?

Sorry for dumb questions, this is the literally the first time I have grown anything and I just want to make sure I do not mess this up so close to the finish by harvesting wrong, etc.

1 Like

Thank you, for the info. I wasn’t sure if it was something that could be controlled by growing shorter/longer duration, etc.

1 Like

Some people use a wireless microscope to check trichromes. I normally use a $6 jeweler’s loupe with 20x and 60x. Last grow I took pics on my phone then zoomed and it worked surprisingly well. With an iPhone you’d probably be able to see trichs even better.

2 Likes