My First Grow - Tangie, Blue Dream, and Granddaddy Purple - Outdoors in Grow Bags

Day 8 - All but one re-potted, need to pickup another pot, all seem doing well.

Blue Dream

Granddaddy Purple

Tangie

Tangie #2

My new setup in the garage, I was not able to control the temperature as I wanted on the window sill. I have a heated garage and placed 4 lamps around the pots, each has 100W bulb, one is LED. I turn the lights off a night when I go to bed, and back on when I get up in the morning. I don’t have a timer, but plan on picking one up so it’s automated.

Day 9 - Finally got my pH meter and Solutions. Made a batch of pH 6.0 water and put in a spray bottle. All are transplanted to small pots. Used a moisture meter and they are all within the medium moisture level.

Day 15 - Everything looking good so far.

Day 19

Added my first nutrients. Green Planet 2 Dual Feed Program (mixed at 1/4 strength).

Method: Outdoor in grow bags:
Currently: Indoor in small pots; 4 100W LED Light bulbs; moving outdoors after last frost.
Soil: Pro-Mix Potting Soil

Water going in: 2 Cups; pH = 6.07; PPM = 166; EC = 336

Runoff
Granddaddy Purple: pH = 5.54; PPM = 592; EC = 1168
Blue Dream: pH = 5.41; PPM = 653; EC = 1334
Tangie: pH = 5.32; PPM = 786; EC = 1640
Tangie (2): pH = 5.58; PPM = 780; EC = 1640

Day 22 - Starting to see some new growth.

Looks as if they’re starting to stretch some. I’d move light closer

1 Like

Thanks I will raise them up when I get home tonight

Day 26 - Topped up the pots with soil to help support. Gave them all 1.5 cups of pH balanced water.

Blue Dream is in distress, posted another thread to see if she can be saved.

The other three seem to be ok.

I sent you this on another thread. Just wanna make sure you get it.

1 Like

Day 33 - Unfortunately, I was not able to save Blue Dream, although I have started a new seed and with the knowledge I’ve learned so far I should be able to keep her alive this time.

The other 3 seem to be getting stronger and growing new leaves.

I’ve gone back to just pH balanced spritzing as the watering with overflow seems to make the soil too wet.

I’ve been putting them on the window sill during the day to get some real sun, and back under the lights when the sun moves past.

Day 35 - The three original babies are starting to show some new leaves. Blue Dream 2 is in day 7 and sprouting nicely.

Day 41 (from seed) - Tangie (x2) and Granddaddy Purple
Day 15 (from seed) - Blue Dream 2

Week 7 from Seed or Week 6 Veg. & Week 3 from Seed or Week 2 Veg for Blue Dream 2

With the water issues, I repotted them in Solo cups and dry Soil, they seem to have rebounded so far.

Since swapping them out to solo cups, they seem to be thriving now.

What a week a difference makes, I thought I was going to lose my crop, but boy did they bounce back. Smaller pots and better water control and they are doing well now. I have left them outside the last two days overnight. I bring them inside if we are expecting a storm. Still watering once needed once the plants dry.

Sunday - Weekend Report…

So today I watered the girls with pH 6.5 water and measured the runoff. I know what the definition of PPM, EC and pH mean, but don’t really know what the numbers mean in relation to what is good or not and if they need more or less of something, if someone can explain that would be great.

Water input: pH=6.5; PPM = 319; EC = 638

Runoff
Tangie: pH = 5.04; PPM = 2050; EC = 4580
Tangie 2: pH = 4.82; PPM = 2050; EC = 4340
Blue Dream 2: pH = 4.93; PPM = 1888; EC = 3776
Granddaddy Purple: pH = 4.86; PPM = 2530; EC = 5060