My first grow Strawberry-Kush

Might have to get some AC in there. Air conditioners not only cool the air, they dry it too.
That’s why most vehicle defrosters short cycle the AC while defrosting even if set to high heat. Dries out the air. Short cycling is horrible for the system tho, historically. Always new shit

1 Like

Yes have ac going and ordered a bigger dehumidifier but for now got humidity down with charcoal in a few pans.
Seems to be working

What’s your target? Air exchange rates? Could be cheaper in the long run just to get a larger exhaust if you aren’t at standards for area.
Or is this just a closet in room completely passive air flow?

6 inch 400 cfm with carbon filter, 2 12 inch fans and a/c running now.
We’ve had a lot of rain and it’s very humid but have temps down to 75 and humidity 55-60
Was 83 deg and rh was about 70
Being in flower I was concerned for awhile about it being high

1 Like

Those aren’t horrible numbers.

1 Like

1 Like

You’re still in early flower. Definitely okay on humidity edit. May not even be through transition yet. Not able to determine that, but doesn’t look like last pic is in flower yet. Transition form when you switch to 12/12 can take 3 weeks.

1 Like

With fans running you should be good. These are the same temps and humidity that I have with a 16" fan blowing on my tops and a dehumidifier running 24/7.My SK had good buttons at 8 days from flip, so I started flower from then. You can get SK to finish at 8 weeks but much better at 10, depending on type of effects you want. Mine also stretched about 10/12" after flip but have stopped and are now concentrating on flower. SK are also very sticky, prepare for messy trimming.
You got this, SK isn’t the easiest plant I have grown but not impossible and worth the effort.

1 Like

@fast-grow
These are still growing, some days it seems like they jump up a couple inches and the aroma is good, even with the carbon filter they still have that smell and not a bad one.
I don’t mind the sticky part at trimming for good buds and I’m just going to watch for the right time for the best smoke.
What percentage of amber do you harvest your SK.

1 Like

I haven’t gone past 5/10% amber with most cloudy and about 20% clear. So far time and mother nature hasn’t been on my side for the photo plants but that doesn’t apply to my current grow. I can let these grow out as long as flower isn’t past 16 weeks…LOL Now I’ll see what a photo with 25/35% amber and little to no clear is like.

1 Like

LOL post some pictures when they are ready, I’d love to see them.

image This is a view of 1/2 my tent. 3 Strawberry kush and 4 Black widow.

2 Likes

They look loaded

1 Like

@fast-grow
@CMichGrower
Girls are closer, but still a ways to go. I’m trying to keep them bug free and healthy as a rookie can.
Not in a hurry just wondering how much longer you guys would guess till harvest.

It looks like you still have between four and six weeks to go. Here’s a picture of one of my strawberries, and I still have 3- 4 weeks to go on this one minimum.

1 Like

I was guessing 6 to 7 weeks

1 Like

Getting sticky

@fast-grow
@CMichGrower
I’m thinking at least a couple weeks, what do you think.

When the pistils start turning brown you have about two weeks before earliest possible harvest where trichomes are mostly cloudy but before any turn amber.

Keep watching, it’s possible a few have changed, but what you are looking for is a lot of them turning over a 3-4 day period.

A few ambers trichomes, should be ready to chop soon, this is my first grow and I’ve realized how addicting growing can be.
So starting next grow in a few weeks, Banana Kush and Blackberry Kush.

3 Likes