My first Grow of marijuana

When I watered after the transplant it was outside of the roots so roots would look for the water is this correct?

2 Likes

Yes watering outside the roots is a good practice when they’re small.

1 Like

Every third day is probably ok. When I water small plants in big containers I go by my gut feeling, it’s trickier than bigger plants. But I give them a good watering at transplant closer to the stem.

1 Like

Quick question: what should the height of my plants be at about three weeks from germination. they are only 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 inches tall with 5 sets of leaves; I raised the light to about 20 inches from top of the plants… Is there anything else I can do to stretch the plants and get them to grow taller… I have put almost all the plants in their permanent homes.

@anon95385719 @merlin44 @Hogmaster @Countryboyjvd1971 @Myfriendis410 @BIGE @raustin @MattyBear @bruinsfan33 @elheffe702

6 Likes

looking tight @Royc

Your plants look fine @royc , my White Widow plants are compact as well. This is likely just a characteristic of the strain. We generally take measures to minimize too much stretch in the seedling stage.

2 Likes

They look awesome. Typically I want approx and inch or so between nodes. How tall it gets is really genetic or human error. The node spacing is much more important. Too much space and your plant is stretching and will be a tall leggy cola. Too tight and there isn’t enough room for bud sites to have the right light penetration and air flow. I keep my lights as close as possible to keep spacing correct. Raising and lowering them according to how the spacing is turning out.

Sorry I couldn’t give u a definitive answer but this is one of those questions where the answer is. Your plant will tell u

1 Like

No @anon95385719 that made sense to me. I had the light too close when they sprouted this I know I am asking if there is a way to stretch them the nodes are to close and the leaves coming in don’t seem to have the room right now for them to come in. but I did notice one did stretch when the leaves where in a little more that is grown on a little more you can see in the pic between the leaves more are starting to come in… Thank you

It’s all lighting. They stretch to reach it. That’s why if u have strong side lights sometimes the plants will bend sideways.

1 Like

@Royc My big one had a spot with only 4 leaves one time, it just fell off when it was dead plants goin great

@Royc idk why ya wanna stretch em but if you raise your lighting = more spread nodes, closer lighting = tighter nodes

@livefast they are only 3 1/2 inches tall at 3 weeks from germination

1 Like

yesrerday is with the lighter the other this morning Just checked my youngest it’s a critical Purple auto it’s 12 days old and right on 2” , maybe she’s just a slow starter? Or cause you’ve been trying to dial in the lighting too give her some time she’ll get goin :call_me_hand:

1 Like

This is my first grow so I don’t know if their growth is normal, slow small, or average. I ask these question because I don’t know so if everyone is saying its okay then it must be okay

1 Like

I think you’re fine too just get ur lights where ya want em they’ll keep growing towards it

thank you everyone for putting up with me I sometime get a little over excited about the progress of my grow I don’t think I quite understood the time table for growing indoors I thought it was a three month turnaround.
How long should I veg…
I have two switches on my LED one for growth and one for flower or so their labeled. should they both be on during either Veg or flower stages?
@BIGE @raustin @Myfriendis410 @Covertgrower @livefast @Countryboyjvd1971 @anon95385719 @MattyBear @merlin44 @Hogmaster

5 Likes

You can veg for as long as you like. It really depends on how big you want the plant to get. When you flip to flower she will stretch to almost twice her height, so depending on how high your grow space is will determine when you should flip. In other words, if your space is 5’ high, then you’d want to flip to flower when she is about 2’ high leaving 6" or so for lights.

If your light has a two switches, then just use the growth one for now, and when you flip to flower change to the flower switch. They don’t need to both be on together.

4 Likes

Thank you @raustin almost double the size that’s what I was curious about.

2 Likes

This is of course dependent on a lot of factors. I use a technique to reduce the amount of stretch; 10 to 15% or so by ramping down to 12/12 over the course of a week or so. Sometimes it’s easier to target a height when you’re only adding a fraction of the height.

Depending on the amount of light I would definitely change from veg to flower until the last three weeks or so and then turn em both on.

3 Likes

Hey @Royc just one switch for veg. You can veg for as long as you want. The minimum is about one month of veg. It’s best to wait about a month for pre flowers then she will be mature enough to flower at that stage.

2 Likes