My first Grow of marijuana

Starting after the single leaves

1 Like

thank you @anon95385719 @Countryboyjvd1971 thank you all

2 Likes

Increased light time to 24 hrs for a day and got 1/2 inch of growth in one day. is it ok to go 24 hrs again
@arcticGrow @BIGE @Countryboyjvd1971 @Hogmaster @TxGrowman @raustin @Growit @anon95385719 @Myfriendis410 @merlin44

1 Like

Starting to get separation between nodes and fan leaves, small space but its a start

You can, but honestly, plants like a little rest and they do a lot of growing over night.

4 Likes

When allowed to, the plants will do most of their actual growth during darkness. You would probably benefit from some period of darkness.

1 Like

still trying to learn about photosynthesis and how it works. But, did I read somewhere about a twenty-four hour light cycle to help stretch them ?? I raised the light which was to close to the plants and that made a difference.

Normally I use 24/0 only during the seedling stage or when doing clones. I back off and actually use a 16/8 schedule during veg. Stretch occurs either with insufficient light as a seedling or at the point of transition to flower you will see a burst there. That can be reduced by a gradual reduction from veg time to flower time over a week or so. I also do this so I can better control my space.

You’ll figure it all out with your individual setup. Plus if you’re like most of us you’ll tinker with it to make it better too.

3 Likes

I have to keep telling myself that they just sprouted on 4/8-4/9 15-16 days old plenty of time to grow

2 Likes

I normally do 24 hrs first week to week 1/2 then drop to 18/6 keep your light close or you will have major stretching issues meaning 5in long string stem

@Hogmaster I have just the opposite of stretching they are very compact, the leaves at the stock and leaf junction are pushing down the leaves. put pics up and everyone said to raise the light to 18-20 inches above the plants…

White Widow Sprouted 4/8 and 4/9

3 Likes

@Royc your White Widow plants appear to be doing very well. My ILGM White Widow plants are very compact with very close node spacing. This seems to be fairly common with this strain.

You are in the right place to get help and advice when you need it.

A compact plant can be a boon for people like me that grow in a confined space. If you take a quick look at the beginning and end of my grow you will see what a short plant can produce. Strawberries In The Grow Box

I was disappointed at first that it did not get taller but in the long run I got 2.1 oz out of a little grow space. The plant was something like 14 inches tall and had over a dozen colas on it! My only mistake was not letting it grow more by moving the lights up. I had a small space to grow in and I was unsure of how much stretch I would get. Next time I grow SK, I will let the light stay higher and let her grow out more.

A short plant is not necessarily a bad thing ! Jerry

2 Likes

They look good to me with the new pictures they look normal to me

Okay they just looked compact compared to other photos I’ve seen here

i could take 2.1 ounces a plant 3 plants are mine so in the neighborhood of 6 ounces would be nice. just need 4 ounces till I can grow again…

1 Like

Raising you light was a great idea they will take off ! there fems correct?

thank you @merlin44 first grow 9 seeds cant lose any 4 aren’t mine but my buddies

@Hogmaster yes they are female photo’s

1 Like

So I see they are after 4-6 weeks of veg they will be nice and bushy they will triple in size when they go into flower I don’t see any reason you don’t get 4 oz off each they look nice and healthy but there size and date look right on

1 Like