My first Grow of marijuana

@Royc try not watering so close to stem
Everything looks ok to me at this time tho

2 Likes

thank you @Countryboyjvd1971 I’ll try not watering at the stem, but around the edge of the pot…

3 Likes

Perfect especially when they are so small once they are bigger its not really much of a issue @Royc

1 Like

Yes, like @Countryboyjvd1971 said water away from the stem. Around in a circle and let the roots search for the water.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum and to the joys and worries of growing @Royc

Missing, leaves, funky leaves, coloured stems, I wdnt worry. You’re off to a good start. My widows had similar stems early on and lots of purple leaves at the end due to low temps.

2 Likes

thank you @arcticGrow purple where the leaves are forming

1 Like

On theese I had a funky leaf and a missing leaf, both grew big and strong.

1 Like

excellent to know thank you @arcticGrow

1 Like

I would suspect a self topping gene.

My Amnesia Haze did that this year. Last year, it was a Sour Diesel. The only difference I’ve seen is that the alternating leaf growth pattern starts sooner.

Normally, they grow with two leaves opposite each other on the stalk for a while. I usually start seeing the alternating leaf growth pattern around the 7th or 8th node.

With self toppers, you should notice them alternating almost immediately. Hmm…just made me start thinking about something.

As you can see from the image, she’ll be fine.

Forgive me as I go burn and consider a line of thought. I think I may have to have a discussion with little AH tomorrow about her future.

3 Likes

Self toppers??? what’s that?? @FloridaSon

1 Like

I mistakenly bought miracle grow perlite that has plant food in it… Should I chuck, it give it to my wife for her plants, or use it in the final home for my GIRLS…
@Countryboyjvd1971, @TxGrowman, @BIGE, @raustin, @FloridaSon, @Myfriendis410 @elheffe702,

3 Likes

i’d give to my wife,or something @Royc…lol

2 Likes

I agree…

1 Like

Give it to your wife. I wouldn’t use it.

1 Like

It’s a genetic mutation that changes the growth pattern. Not harmful, but I’m beginning to suspect that they should be handled a little differently than normal growing plants.

Today I plan on taking a closer look at mine, as soon as I finish my second large cup of coffee. Late night with a late start today.

that’s what I thought should have read it twice, before clicking buy…What a waste i think ill use for veggies toms and squash

1 Like

Yeah, better safe than sorry.

too much time and money invested now, to chance it would be crazy

3 Likes

I would let the wife use it for some other plant than your cannabis !

1 Like

I’m so new I don’t even have my grow tent yet. It’ll be some months before I can afford It. Anyway if you don’t mind I would appreciate your knowledge. For now I’m reading Bergman’s information a few times over. I tell myself it’s a weed what can be hard about it. But why waste yields.
Thank You

2 Likes