My first Grow of marijuana

this is my first grow I’m growing ILGM white widow feminized seeds. I planted 9 seeds, I was short 1 on my order, 8 germinated 7 were viable 1 seems to be genetically deficient it didn’t grow any leaves. seeds were soaked 24 hours on4/4/18 and when a tap root appeared i put into happy frog potting soil on 4/6/18. on 4/8 two sprouted, on 4/9 total of 6 sprouts showing, 4/9, 8 of the 9 seeds sprouted.

3 Likes

7 Likes

looks like a great start @Royc
do not be afraid of the widow,she is your friend!!

2 Likes

New pictures 4/17/18. plants are 8-9 days old

10 Likes

Looking good; you’ve got the right media and a great strain. I would reduce the amount of water you are giving them. I deliver a teaspoon twice a day of distilled water at this point and mist a dome to cover them. I know pictures can be misleading because it’s only a moment in time and many water just before pictures are taken.

Your plants look right on track for where they are and ILGM will make good on the seeds.

4 Likes

I’m also keeping a detailed written journal of lighting, watering and any other info that I can look back on to help make any adjustments as I go along, However I am concerned about the leaves on one of the plants. Its missing a leaf. Is that going to be a problem? Is that because of genetics?

@Myfriendis410 @BIGE, @Countryboyjvd1971, @Hogmaster, @raustin

7 Likes

I have the same thing happening on my pineapple Haze that I just started. I think it’s genetic, so there’s nothing you can do about it. It shouldn’t be a problem though, she’ll grow more leaves, she just won’t be as pretty for a while.

2 Likes

You get all kinds of weird genetic stuff. It’s pretty common and the plant will in all likelihood shrug it off.

5 Likes

Man I hope so lost enough on this grow

1 Like

Welcome to ILGM grow site. You have made good choices so far and they look good so far. I will be watching. WW fem are great starter seeds.

Do not be afraid to ask questions, that is why we are here, to help each other out.

PS: Downloading Robert’s Grow Bible is a great tool for first time growers. Many of us here have started there.

8 Likes

Welcome @Royc! I grew a White Widow feminized for my first grow…only flowering my second now. Man, can I tell you what NOT to do lol! Don’t worry too much about the missing leaf. If you look really close, you probably already have a tiny third set forming. If you’d like to have a look, I can tag you in on my grow journal, and you can learn from my mistakes and get ahead of the game!

5 Likes

@TxGrowman for some reason It won’t download I got the link emailed from my wife that’s the only way I can read it

1 Like

@elheffe702, yes, please tag me

1 Like

thank you @Myfriendis410 I sent a ticket in and they got right back to me and said they were sending replacement seeds right out.

3 Likes

my stalks are turning green, they were reddish… does this mean anything… or is it normal their not stretching just starting to turn green… @elheffe702, @BIGE, @raustin, @Myfriendis410, @TxGrowman, @Countryboyjvd1971,

2 Likes

i believe all of that is strain related @Royc
i have a gorilla glue that all stems are purple…it is maturing.

2 Likes

@BIGE Its the strangest thing I went to bed and two stems were turning green on the bottom, now their purplish, reddish again this morning… go figure LOL

2 Likes

Can you post pictures they speak a thousand words @Royc

1 Like

the bottom of the stem was green yesterday afternoon now its purplish

@Countryboyjvd1971

4 Likes

Welcome to the community @Royc
Looking good
Great choice of strain and dirt
Quite an under taking 9 plants right on buddy

1 Like