My First Grow! NL#5, Skywalker OG and hopefully 2 new Super Lemon Haze Autos

@Xtrafa I like your potting containers were did you get them at are they heavey with all that soil in them I know those five fabric pots weigh a lot

I would have thought I had 5 gallons of soil in these 7 gallon planters but I swear the stuff is shrinking. Compacting most likely. They’re not too heavy . Can only carry one around at a time though.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074V3DXCW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

A few pictures from today. I’m starting to extend their dark and get them to flower. I still have a fungus gnat problem though. The mosquito bits and captain jack’s don’t seem to be helping. I have some yellow sticky traps coming.

1 Like

Something interesting I noticed this morning. The auto super lemon haze only has 4 leaves on what I thought were it’s first sets of 5 leaves. Weird… or is this something common to autos I wonder?

First off, Happy late birthday :grin::ok_hand:. Second, this is one of those journals that fly under the radar. I wouldnt have seen it if you hadn’t posted on trishs thread. We all forget how big ilgm is. I see members with regular status all the time that are new to me. I think it’s awesome lol. But I hate to think of how many really good people needing help got frustrated and quit over it? A lot I’m afraid :expressionless:

Ok, some observations and advice…
Your droopy plants a few days ago were just thirsty imo, and since water they look great again. The yellow sticky pads really helped control my fungus gnat problem by catching adults (thanks @Mote). You wont actually see the larve eating the bits but imho they are working because they did for me. Next time you water, take your runoff and angle it at the light and have a look. If my old bad eyes can see the babies hopping around on top of the water, you should too lol. Check every runoff and if they’re more it isn’t working. If there’re less then it is. Welcome to ilgm too :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Hey, thanks! No way would I quit… way too much time and money invested already :slight_smile: Plus, my wife says I’m not allowed to buy a second tent until my first harvest! I wish I had already started a few years ago when it became legal here. I’ve never really had much of a green thumb before. We grew all sorts of veggies this summer for the first time, and it was a blast.

Thanks for the advice, its always welcome. I figured as much with the watering when they snapped back but I’m still terrified of overwatering and root rot. I may be even more terrified of bud rot… I’m reading into all this bud boogeyman stuff way too much lol!

I’ll be putting up the yellow sticky traps tomorrow. I got myself a shiny new pair of progressive bifocals for my birthday so I’ll have to check for the baby gnats when I water tomorrow. :slight_smile:

1 Like

“The Tall One” - the Northern Lights on the right was getting a little too tall the last few days so I tied some branches down, tried to supercrop a few tops that were out too far and too tall.

“The Good One” - the NL in the middle is probably gonna get it tomorrow too. The Skywalker OG on the left is catching up quick. Really gorgeous plant… still no clue why the fan leaf tips seem to hook off to one side or another like that.

1 Like

A couple better pictures of the 4 blade leaves on the auto Super Lemon Haze:

1 Like

Holy crap, I think my stretchy little autoflower has pistils!

1 Like

Yes she does. :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

They’ve all needed water more frequently this week - Sunday, Wed. and Thurs. The lights are set at 14 on 10 off right now. I have a little far red led that runs 10 minutes prior to and after lights out. I’m thinking of increasing the dark by another hour tomorrow and see in a week if the photos are starting to show signs of flowering before just going right to 12/12.

I did a little LST and a lot of pruning this morning. It felt really wasteful to just throw them away, but I know that I already don’t really have enough room in the tent.

Bring on the buds!

1 Like

Haven’t updated all week… The girls are showing they’re thirsty every other day now. I’ve started using a different pump sprayer which has a better seal and pumps up much more easily and just sprays a nice mist. I’m doing 1/4 nutes one watering, cal mag next watering and water only every third watering. So far so good.

I got a bag of Happy Frog delivered last weekend so that I could try germinating another GDP auto as the first one never sprouted. VERY pleased with the soil. It’s not quite as gorgeous as the Coast of Maine, but I like the idea of taking some of the guesswork out of if the plants are getting enough nutrients. P.S. - I won’t be using Miracle Gro again… organic or not. I’m surprised even the Lemon Haze auto made it.

2 GDP auto seeds germinated and went into pots on Sunday. Wednesday morning I had a teeny tiny hint of a sprout at the surface in one pot. That night it was about the same, but the other one had reared its head emerging from the ground like some misshapen beast looking like a cyclops with its husk head LOL. They’re looking great this morning. I had to help the husk off of the tiny one on the right. It was stuck under the cotyledon. They both have little tiny first leaves on them as well. Really happy :slight_smile:

I’m pretty sure the older girls are starting to show more pistils, Just not like BOOM overnight like the autoflower is. I think they’ve grown about 2 inches this week.

2 Likes

The plants dont look thirsty yet, but I have a gallon of water airing off since I’m sure I’ll be watering tonight. I’m wondering 8f I should add more soil to the NL planters since the soil has compacted about 3 inches from where we started. I could add about 2 inches to the Skywalker OG before I get up to its first branches. Would it be worth it?

1 Like

Happy Wednesday! I’m feeling pretty confident that my tent is really flowering! :slight_smile: 14 hours
lights on, 10 off using the little far red LED.

1 Like

That’s a clean setup you have. Your plants are looking fantastic :cowboy_hat_face::+1:

1 Like

I wonder what’s up with this little autoflower. Doesn’t seem like she is going to do much more growing. Should I do anything about these bigger fan leaves all clumped together at the top? The plant is starting to look like the Audrey II

1 Like

Wow, 4 weeks already since the switch to 14/10 lighting. 3 weeks since I noticed the pistils. 2 weeks on these little auto GDPs (which are worrying me.)

I’ve been feeding at every watering now. Ive added voodoo juice, big bud, b52 and overdrive to my nutrients. Seeing a tiny bit of scorching on some of the leaf tips.

Small plants have been elevated a little more and the light has been lowered a few inches.

1 Like

“The Baby” my Skywalker og. I cant wait to see how this one turns out. Grew well, great structure, 12 beautiful branches stacking up with little budlings :slight_smile:

1 Like