My first grow...looks like light burn? Pest? Nutrient lockout?

So my plants are on day 3 of vegetation and I can’t figure out what exactly is going on can someone please try to explain. I have been starting with Neem oil every few day and maybe I was using to much?

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

-What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed (photo or auto)
-Age of plant/what week of flower
-Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
-Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, fabric pots
-PH and TDS of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
-PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
-Method used to measure PH and TDS
-Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space
-Light system LED, MH/HPS/CMH/Fluorescents, or other
-Actual wattage draw of lights
-Current Light Schedule
-Temps; Day, Night
-Humidity; Day, Night
-Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
-Co2; Yes, No

If growing Hydro some additional questions:

-DWC? RDWC? Autopots? Ebb and Flow? Other?
-Distance of liquid below net pot (DWC)
-Temperature of reservoir
-TDS of nutrient solution
-Amount of air to solution

Always try to upload a clear picture in white light of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner :slight_smile:

1 Like

What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed (photo or auto)
Gelat OG, seedsman.com , photo

-Age of plant/what week of flower
1st week of vegetation

-Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
Miracle grow garden soil

-Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, fabric pots
Fabric parts 3 gallon

-PH and TDS of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
The water was a 6.8 when add to the medium.
The runoff was up to a 7.5?

-PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
On average of 4500?

-Method used to measure PH and TDS
Using a pH tester from vivosun test water before and after
Processing: 16261964961154905632929490054968.jpg…

-Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space
Indoor, L and w 2.8 and height 5.4

-Light system LED, MH/HPS/CMH/Fluorescents, or other
LED vs1000

-Actual wattage draw of lights
NA

-Current Light Schedule
12/6

-Temps; Day, Night
78-84

-Humidity; Day, Night
50-60

-Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
Yes

-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
Na

-Co2; Yes, No
No

^^ miracle grow will be your issue. It’s not very good for cannabis. I would try and find fox farms ocean forest and get it out of miracle grow soon. I’m not the most experienced but I’ll pull a few in to give advice. @Underthestairs what you think?

1 Like

Also it will work for now. Just know most cheap ph meters won’t work long or are inaccurate. I was recommended the apera ph20 as the cheapest good meter.

2 Likes

Ok…thanks man! I also haven’t started any feeding yet just microbes and calmag

And how would I go about transplanting from a 3 gall to another?

I do have the organic grow line for Blue plant

A couple things here. And yes like @JWhistler said miracle grow is most often a huge problem (some people have succeeded with it). It’s long-term time released fertilizers make it very difficult to control what you’re feeding. It also can spike your pH which becomes even more of a problem because when you flush the plant with pH water to bring it down it releases more of the time release fertilizers.

Transplant would be very gentle getting her out of the pot and letting any lose soul on the sides fall away. while supporting the roots as much as possible. It’s a great thing that she’s a photo because autos wouldn’t love doing this

Is that light schedule of 12 on and 6 off correct?

Neem is more for bug preventative outdoor then in. Not that you can’t use it but I wouldn’t treat for pets indoor unless I had them.

It looks like you topped her already? Which node is that?

And I’m sorry I couldn’t Figure out your tent and light…
2.8x2.8x5.4? What brand is the light?

Yes you are correct it’s a 2.8 feet wide, 2.8 in length and 5.4 in height

Those are actually two different plants.

The one with the holes had a tiny red thing crawling around and the other just has some burn around the outside both have a little nutrient burn.

And I do have pH down to drop the pH level if need be…so if I was putting in water around a 6.8 and getting a 7.5 as a runoff should I lower the levels to like 6 and see if the runoff is lower?

The light is from vivosun led vs1000

I cut it from the 5th node to the 3rd. Maybe the leafs are to close to the light?

During the germination stage I had the light set around 22.5 inches for the plants as 24 felt to weak and the plants look a little stretched. On the first day of vegetation I moved it to 21 and that why I’m thinking light burn?

What do you think?

I think you’ve got a grasp of the details needed.

Curiosity… why did you top to node 3?

Your light is only 100 watts so I would worry about it cooking her at that distance. (I know it says 1000 but they aren’t honest about what the lights do). As long as you’re adjusting the height to get whatever stretch you want I say thumbs up.

pH correction I’d be more likely to food the plant slowly with pH 6.5 water till it starts coming out as it’s going in.

White tips most likely nute burn. The ruffled leaves I would guess either poor watering practice or pH. I’ve also read that extreme inconsistencies in humidity can cause them to grow strangely.

Once you make the corrections, look to new growth for improvements, as the old leaves won’t heal.

1 Like

Thanks man…I’ve put a lot of time studying but this is my first time hands on with growing…so growing anything at this point is good with me and THANKS for the the information…

The 3rd node because the leaves looked bad on the 4th so I thought the light was messing with them…

Still waiting on my fox farm ocean soil…them I’m gonna LST after a few…but I will probably be asking more questions if you guys don’t mind… Always down to learn…

1 Like

No one around here minds! You’ll have questions I can’t answer… and I’ll bring in people who can.

3rd node is lower than most top. You’ve got a small tent so it won’t be a bad thing. The squirrelly leaves aren’t harmful to the plant, so they don’t require removal… but esthetically I get it.

One great thing about photo period plants is that even if you mess up a couple things, you can just let them keep growing until they’re past it.

Keep reading journals. I’ve been able to search out and answer almost any question I’ve had without asking. And when you ask, people help. It’s a fun party around here.

2 Likes

What’s up guys…so should I trim some of the leaves away??

It’s often said not to trim anything that isn’t blocking growth sites. I stuck as close to that as I can… if I do prune young it’s very selectively.

Ok that’s what I was thinking…I did cut a few away that was blocking the middle of the growth on the one plant…right now I’m doing LST

1 Like

Could I top the node of these other branches?

Personally I’d be careful about it because of how tight and bushy she is. Every topping will increase the stout bushiness and potentially decrease airflow.

Are you trying to achieve a specific shape?