My First Grow Journal

Yo,
I use seeds that have been stored for six to eight months, so no problemo with the spare seed…Cal-Mag is a mysterious one but worth studying up on…I got Canna Cal-Mag and I always go 50% less than they reccomend if I need it, the above GUIDES are a source of inspiration,
Here is a picture of what I am smoking as I write, again Bergmans Auto Gold Leaf…and its a kicker of a high ! :partying_face:

The weather here is bloody cold ! and its mid summer !

1 Like

Okay so I can store them even if they started sprouting? Just keep it in the paper towel and mist it every now and then? Healthy looking girls. The weathers been weird here as well. But that’s The Midwest for ya. It’s getting up in temps here now though. But my tent is staying a solid 73 degree F. Holding 43 RH. We had the AC go out recently and insurance company screwed us around for 1.5months. Thank gosh that’s solved because if it was a week later we would have to move out. So kind of grateful for the low temps here haha. Best of luck brother. I’ll probably be back with more questions as they pop up. Thanks again for all the help so far you’ve been outstanding.

1 Like

no no not with sprouting tails , if they are dormant wrap them in tissue and put them in an old sock and put them away where there is no moisture and crazy fluctuations in temp, or just grow the sucker for the hell of it, you can always beef up the light .
I just read up on Nebraska Pot Laws and I think I will be having nighmares tonight thinking about them after I smoke some Moroccan Hashish before before bedtime :scream:

1 Like

Yeah it’s pretty bad here. I’m hoping to move out of here. It’s crazy because you can go 8 hrs in either direction and it’s perfectly fine. It blows my mind. Also at this point of the plants life, I have gone from misting to keeping the pudding cup (dome) sprayed and just dropping tiny droplets of water (distilled) l, like one to two drops from an oral dispenser. Would these be okay? Also that last pic of the third one I posted. It looks super funky growing out the seed like that lol. I’m hoping it will push it off and bounce up like the other two. Will this happen or will I need to assist it further.
Yeah I’ll probably just throw the other one in. That’s what I had intended originally. Just took a little longer then others.

1 Like

By the way James do you do any sort of training as u go such as LST or anything like that? I’m just trying to use my space as efficiently as I can. I did throw the last one in hoping it sprouts. I measured the runoff from what I could squeeze from the coc.o and it at 6.0. I noticed you said your ph was at 6.5 if I recall correctly. Through my research I heardCoco was supposed to be 5.8-6.2 average. When I do start feeding what would you recommend PH be for Coco and Cann coco nutes. Cheers

1 Like

I’m afraid not, I go for 6.5 pH in my home made soil…the above GUIDES will tell you what you need to know about feeding in your particular growing medium.

1 Like

Oh okay yeah that makes sense since it’s soil. I guess the only question I got at this moment in time would be about watering. Should I stick to misting the domes I got over them with PhD water. It seems to keep the substrate around it pretty well moist. I guess I’m asking if I should start adding about 1-2ml of ph water down into the substrate? Or would the dome be OkY for the time? The sub seems a little dry without the domes over them. So should I just drop the water around it gradually til it drys out. Like maybe 1.5ml every 1.5 days (or so this is a guesstimate) and remove the dome? I’ll have a read up more when I get to the house again on my particular sub/setup. Also that seed seems to be preventing the last sprout from pushing towards the light with its leaves. Should I just monitor it for the time and maybe have to perform some kind of removal of it if it prevents it from expanding in the future?
Thanks again.

this is where I get my info.
the big secret about growing pot is to let it grow without fuss, just let it do its thang :rainbow:

1 Like

Right on.
I broke down last night and did their first watering. I will receive my PPM pen tomorrow (so no correct ppm measurement I’m hoping we’ll be okay). I added some Canna Start to their waterings. Very light dose. I only used 2.5ml per half gallon (which was enough per plant). About 20% runoff I think lol. I held them up after I watered to let the water soak thru and into the trays. Measured the runoff. I did kind of a rxpirement which probably won’t matter. One runoff at 6.2 one at 6 and one at 5.8.
Currently reading your prior posted guides.
Cheers :clinking_glasses:

correct-ph-levels-1

1 Like

Okay so right around 6.3ish it looks like. The feed chart for canna said 5.8-6.3 as well. I’ll probably up it next time. I’m currently going to let the pots dry out a little again. Then just soak the pots with Phd water from the tray to allow for roots to search for the water at the bottom. I did extract the seed off the stem of that one that was sticking to it. However the leaves are doing this weird curl. I think it’s because the seed had them trapped and there now recovering? It’ll be the first one. Do the other ones look okay since the watering?

1 Like

they all look fine and dandy , well done, now the trick is to let them grow :seedling:

1 Like

what strain are you growing, natural light ?

1 Like

where did you get this chart ? as its not available in Britain :astonished:

1 Like

These are all La Berry Frutas by newguy420seeds. I didn’t want to spend top dollar for a failure. However I do have some Orange Sherbert (autos) by FastBuds coming. Do-si-dos (autos) from Barney’s Farm and some Northern Lights (autos) from Royal Queen Seeds coming. Plus with what I got from Paul (newguy420seeds).
-10 La Berry Frutas (autos)

• 5 Snowryders (autos)
  • 5 GDP Blast (autos)
    -4 Skunk #1 plus 4 extra for free (Fems)
    -4 Girl Scout Cookies (Fem)
    -2 Pre 98 Bubba Kush (fems)
    There have been mixed reviews for Paul’s Service, however I can say he is a great guy. Answered all my questions and shipping was SUPER quick. I ordered Thursday. Received Monday. As for final product or whatever I can’t really say ATM.
    No natural light I have them under 24 hrs under the Spider Farmer SF-2000 with it dimmed to 60%. I was going to put it back on the timer for 18-6 maybe 20-4. I just like how it’s dialed in at the moment without having the no dark period. I have exhaust fan going with it so there’s constant Fresh air exchange as well as a fan in the bottom corner. But instead of filter inside tent with it before fan. The fan is pushing air into filter. I herd either works.
    Also I guess their was no schedule for Canna Start but what the bottle says. However my local store has the schedule for all the lines (Bio,Terra,Cogr,CoCo,etc.) printed on a nice pamphlet. Also on the website you can make a feed schedule which I was messing around with last night. This is what I’m guessing my store used to just print it onto a nice piece of colored paper. :joy:

Wait actually Dos-is-dos is from Barney’s and orange sherbert from fastbuds lol. Plus with this order they are throwing in Blueberry Autos as well as Amnesia Autos. So for my Next time I will be growing these out for sure. By the way I ordered these off Seedsman two days after I ordered from newguy420seeds. These have yet to get here. However I have an email stating they will be shipped to the US Hub and once there, they will ship them out to me with tracking info and from there they should be 3-5 days out. They said anywhere from July 3rd-10th . So I’m hoping sometime today they ship out from the Hub as that would be July 3rdby the time they would arrive. But that’s in a perfect world. I’m not worried about them showing up. Just the matter of time. Peace Brother.

I received my ppm pen today. I got some readings from what I put in last night pretty much. I mixed the canna start and water and phd it just like I did. With that said . It’s sitting at 0.6 EC with a PPM of 400. Will adding more nutes be what corrects the levels. What’s a good way from here to get to 1.0 -1.1EC with a PPM of 770. Thanks again. Also what units should I be reading it from the PPm 700 or the PPm 500. I figured you would know.

1 Like

try this

1 Like

Well I did a little experimenting getting ready for the next watering. I added canna start plus rhizo to the mix. Probably 7ml/ half gallon of rhizo. And maybe 10ml/half gallon (maybe more not sure was kinda measuring as I went didn’t really pay attention to specifics.) of the canna start. I got the PPM up to 770( Canna calls for 740 which I had until I PHD it.) canna calls for 40ml per half gallon according to the back of the bottle for both. So a little under a quarter of recommend. Is this how I will be battling PPMs and ECs? Just kind of looking for a sweet spots with the nutes? Also I’m saving this half gallon pre mixed for my next watering. Will this be okay?

I literally just got off that website right before I started messing with the water lol. Crazy.

1 Like