My first grow journal. Starring GDP

Got my new micro lens in today for the phone. And I think I’m gonna like it between that’s the wireless microscope tbh. Here are some close ups on the GDP. Think I should let them ride a little longer or go ahead and cut them loose?

5 Likes

Thats about when I took mine, but like I said I had already cut a few down with some amber on them and I wanted some daytime smoke, its great smoke, but it can get my mind racing sometimes.

1 Like

I’m prolly gonna go ahead and chop them Thursday. Maybe I can get a little bit of amber out of them.

2 Likes

If you have more than one save one for a week or two, it won’t make any difference in your grow room if you were starting new seeds you’ll be a couple weeks before you need to worry about how long the lights on and if you’re moving plants from veg to a flower tent they will be small enough to leave your other plant in there for a week or two… this way you get the best of both worlds and you can see the actual difference with the exact same bud you could even just take half of one of your plants and let the other half go longer. Options lots of options all you Gotta do is make a plan and commit…:+1:t3::+1:t3::v:t3:

3 Likes

@Happilyretired That’s so true!! I’ve selective harvested a couple times. But never had two plants of the same strain. This grow I do!! :wink::sunglasses::v::call_me_hand:

3 Likes

Beautiful pictures @Loudman
Whats the camera your using?

1 Like

Well I only have one problem the DTxC99 that are in the tent with them are really starting to crowd them. But I might be able to leave one in there far a week longer. I went with straight water for the last 2 weeks and the ppms coming out now are 600. You think one plant will make it another week?

It’s a macro lens that you just clip to your phone. I can’t remember the brand.

Yes. It will probably go a couple weeks, the plant just eats itself. When it runs out of food it’s start eating its leaves. When your leaves are all done if you know you got a good flush. If you remove a plant then the one next to it has twice as much room so it should be OK even crowded. If you can drop your temperature in the tent by chance that will also motivate them a little more…:v:t3::+1:t3:

3 Likes

I started chopping and the lower buds were still not ready so I only chopped the tops and I’m gonna leave the bottom buds for at least another week. I think the reason behind this is I didn’t defoliate enough earlier in flower. You think doing a part harvest was a wise decision or should I have just let it all go longer?

I think you do what you think you need to do and it’s a beautiful thing. There is no mistakes just options to learn. To answer your question directly if the tops are ready and the bottoms we’re not and you have the room it sounds like a good plan to me.:+1:t3:

2 Likes

Is the other one about the same? You may want to consider clipping just a few leaves to open up the lower buds if needed. Just a thought. Sometimes just a little tucking leaves out of the way works to.

2 Likes

My plants don’t usually have enough leaves on them to block anything after 42 days…:+1:t3:

3 Likes

Yea it’s about the same. The tops were ready it’s only the buds pretty much below the scrog that aren’t quite ready yet. These plants threw some bigger leaves that were tucked up in the buds so I couldn’t really get to them to cut it off.

1 Like

Yea I think I need to hit my plants harder when I do my last defoliation. I’m just always nervous that I will make them herm on me.

1 Like

I think the only thing that can cause them to Herm is genetics or light leek.

2 Likes

I’m gonna do a better stripping with this next run then. My plan is to fold these DTxC99 over where the GDP was bc they are getting out of control so I’m fixing to fill the tent up with just those two plants. And plus I’ll gain back some height for my lights​:+1::v:

3 Likes

Well guys I took advantage of the Black Friday sale on HLG and pulled the trigger on 2 260XL for one of my 4x4. I ended up saving $150 so hell yeah!

7 Likes

That’s what’s up Brother!! :sunglasses::v::call_me_hand:

2 Likes

This is when I bought my lights last year, they were about the same price. They sold out real quick this year.
Seems like you’re really getting yourself quite the set up going there… :+1:t3::+1:t3::v:t3:

2 Likes