My first grow journal. Starring GDP

It’s possible in hydro/coco because of the growth rate differences.
You’ll need the right genetics/ strain something that grows aggressively and is a big plant, don’t think you’ll be able to do some heavy indica easily.
There is a guy on YouTube, he was a member on AFN (autoflower network) who is the one that is most well known for this style but he’s not a friendly person in the dealings I’ve seen and has since been banned from there but still has his YouTube.
It’s possible but it’s something I personally won’t be doing, I think there are much less labours ways to grow big yeilds fast and that’s my goal.
Minimal labour, good yeilds, good potency, fast flowers (gotta keep trying new strains!)

4 Likes

My 02. I also would move on to a photo for that. :grin: Even with how big some of my autos get. I am not sure I would want to try it. If you do. I can recommend a few strains that you may be able to pull it off with though. This is one I did at week 7. So you would definitely have to be in coco and hit every thing right in veg
This is a critical mass photo I did at week 7

5 Likes

Sorry my fellow growers on the lack of updates and activity these last few days. I’ve been working super long hours and I even worked through 1 whole light cycle last night so my coco girls missed a drink. Hope the coco will be okay. Anyways… I’m looking to chop the GDP in 1 week.

DTxC99 is starting to look real frosty and is putting off a very nice aroma.

10 Likes

They’re all looking great dude!:+1::100::v:

1 Like

Yes I agree with kdawg.
Looking really nice indeed.
Nice picture too.

1 Like

Nicely done brother…on point…:sunglasses::v:

1 Like

Thanks to all of you! @dbrn32 I’m fixing to order my lights for both my 4x4 tents and I’m gonna go with the 4 of the 260w but would you suggest getting the XL?

1 Like

Get the xl. Perfect for a 4x4…

3 Likes

That’s what I was thinking and there isn’t much of a price difference👍

3 Likes

Better coverage in a 4x4 with the xl’s :+1:

3 Likes

Yes, get 260 xl kits for 4x4

1 Like

Ok thanks👍 And before I buy what would you buy? I’m looking at HLG or the chill tech

Depends on exactly which model you are considering. One could be superior to another but also costs more. The chilled rech lights are superior to two 260 kits, but if you were going to pay for chilled tech light two hlg-350r may be better and cheaper.

The chilled tech x6 would probably offer more flexibility in running closer to canopy though. Lots of things to consider.

3 Likes

I was looking at the x6. Wanted to just get your thoughts on it. I might try a plc strip build in my closet grow that I’m gonna try and get started at the beginning of the year so I will be getting with you on that in the near future.

1 Like

Within the past day or so someone mentioned a ChilledTech sale of 25% off their light kits fyi. Didn’t verify.

1 Like

Yup, ther are indeed on sale. X6 is something like $1130, ppf 1650 umols/s. If you assemble yourself i think currently $900. The 350r is $500 with code, 911 umols/s per fixture.

I think you could easily justify doing either, both are significantly better than the two 260 xl kits, which is still pretty damn good for $700.

4 Likes

Would the 350R work good in a 4x4?

Not really by itself, but two of them is cheaper than the x6 is why I mentioned.

1 Like

Ok I gotcha. I think I’m gonna go with the original plan a get 4 of the 260XL and plus I can adjust the lights accordingly

3 Likes

Good flexibility and it’s ample amount of light

1 Like