My first grow journal. Starring GDP

Daily pic of all the ladies in their glory.

GDP end of week 3 flower image and the runtz is still drying. I think I’m on track for a good dry. Temps stat 66-69 degrees and humidity staying around 55-60%. Got a pic of a bud and man it looks delicious!:drooling_face: wanna sample so bad but gonna wait until I start the trim and make a couple nugs disappear

9 Likes

@Covertgrower so this may be a stupid question but do your plants start smelling in veg or do you only have to worry about it in flower?

This really depends some plants. Some are smellier than others. ILGM sour diesel was pretty smelly all the way through.
Others not really so much.

3 Likes

Ok do you run a filter in your veg tent? I’m just trying to fix this smell issue lol Im getting paranoid😂

I have a fan circulating inside the tent, but no carbon filter. I’m in a garage, so smells aren’t as much of a factor for myself.
My flower tent also in the garage, the carbon filter eventually cycles the air.

2 Likes

I plan on adding a filter before next flower time. I grow on the 2nd floor and I dont mind the aroma but last time I had a couple of instances that I wasn’t comfortable with lol. When I add a second tent for veg they’ll be in the same room and I think I’ll be all set with one filter.

3 Likes

Well my real concern is I can smell it outside of my house. The only thing I can think of is the plants that are drying in the bathroom. I went ahead and ordered another 4x4 so I can put the drying plants in the small tent. So now I will have two 4x4 tents with carbon filters and no carbon filter in the drying tent. Both 4x4 will be exhausted out the window after it passes through the filters. Think that will fix my issue?

4 Likes

The only issue is when you have plants in veg and your rh is higher it will clog up your filter faster. There’s not much you can do about it just wanted to give you a heads up. :+1:

1 Like

As long as it passes through the filter before exhaust you should be fine

2 Likes

If you move to California right now you’ll be filtering the air coming into your house so it doesn’t smell like weed… Just sayin…:rofl::rofl::rofl::joy::sweat_smile::wink:

4 Likes

I have this issue now. Thing is its super funky. Like kush deisely. And everything im growing is hella sweet. Its freaky man. I always thought it was our smoke. But apparently at a distance, all weed smells like weed :joy:

3 Likes

:joy::joy: I guess weed does smell like weed! You got a plan for your issue lol?

1 Like

Picture time!! I gave one of my DTxC99 plants to a dear friend. It was the one I transplanted from soil to coco. And I remember some wanting to know what would happen when you do that and my answer is it did fine. It slowed growth a little bit but the other 2 that I started out in coco was already in full tilt and they was just growing way faster and started pretty much growing over it so I had to give it up.

the GDP are in mid week 3. Did a flush last night but didn’t have enough water to get the ph up where I wanted it.

5 Likes

@Loudman. I just popped 3 DTC x99 seeds. What are u doing with your girls as far as topping/ LST? I got my seeds from Brothers Grimm, and they recommend “the natural Christmas tree shape, with one central stake for support “. I’ve always topped and did LST on my grows. Just wondering what u are doing. Thanks! Ps. Brothers Grimm was excellent. Ordered seeds on Sunday, and they arrived in 3 days. They also sent a free pack of 10 Pineapple xx seeds. No info on the strain on their site, so I emailed them about it Mr Soul got back to me in in hour and said they are currently unreleased seeds, a cross of Cinderella 99 “pineapple pheno” and Cinderella xx. He just asked for some feedback on them when I grow them

5 Likes

I got mine from brother Grimm as well but didn’t get any free seeds🤔 I haven’t done any lst. I did top them once at the 5th node and I’m gonna throw them under a scrog when I flip to flower in about a week or so.

2 Likes

Thanks. I’m probably going to top one, and do some LST, and the second one I will try the “natural Christmas tree shape “. Then see which does better in the end. Your girls look great, by the way!

3 Likes

Looking good dude. Watching closely and comparing notes. :+1::100::v:

2 Likes

@Covertgrower I did a flush on both the GDP for the cal deficiency. Going in at 6.8 with ph water. Ph out was at 6.0 and ppms was a little high at 3000. I was able to get the ppms down to 1250. What are your thoughts?

5 Likes

@Loudman mind if I ask about how many colas your running per plant? I have 3 styles of training going to test for max end product for GDP and I dont have your style. Would love to add it to the mix.:+1:

1 Like

I think that’s a good number.

1 Like