My first grow journal. Starring GDP

Rule out everything else 1 by 1. Is the temp gauge working correctly, are any of the fan motors running hotter than usual, any other motors involved that could be running hotter, any reason ambient air is warmer,etc.

1 Like

I have 2 meters in there and they both are saying 86 degrees. I feel like that’s too hot.

1 Like

What are the highs normally?

1 Like

Usually low 80’s

And I have the temps dialed in to where they are the same everyday. So when I seen the spike I knew something wasn’t right. It’s driving me crazy now lol

2 Likes

Are you running an inline exhaust fan? Any chance of a partial clog anywhere? No clue dude just thinking out loud lol. Did you have a fan blowing across the top of the light that moved?

3 Likes

I recently had a temp spike from 80ish up to 91. Was told no worries. Most of my fan leafs dried out in a few hours. Now I’m almost 6 weeks into flower and buds are still growing.

1 Like

Sounds like it’s pretty normal for them to be fairly hot.

1 Like

Everything is in the right spot. :man_shrugging:t2: I’ll watch it for a day or so. @dbrn32 what would cause it to run hot like that? I thought quantum boards don’t run hot?

They ’dont run as hot as most lights pumping comparable watts’ but electricity produces heat.

2 Likes

mars light isn’t a quantum board. But the heat is explained by thermodynamics. If you’re having an issue with canopy temps i would take a look at temp of intake air and how well you are exchanging air in your space.

4 Likes

I found the source. One of my fans up top shifted a tad bit off the light so it wasn’t cooling the light off.

1 Like

Just a daily update on the plants. Gonna give the GDP one more week then they are off to the flowering tent. The Durban Thai is looking good. And the 2 in coco had a little stretch going on which I figured they would so I lowered the light a few inches without getting to close to the big girls. They received a dose of tribus original for the first time today.

day 41 for the runtz. Looking good. I would like to see some more swelling.

3 Likes

Looking great. Nice looking buds!:+1::100::+1:

1 Like

Out of likes, your girls look great.

2 Likes

Thanks guys! Couldn’t have gotten this far without all you great guys and gals! Much love to all of you for the knowledge!

Looking good!

1 Like