My first grow journal! Not my first grow... Forest Fruits Autofem

Have you calibrated your ph pen lately

Yes sir @Sirsmokes I checked the calibration maybe a week ago, maybe two. I have a pH monitor that stays in the res constantly so I don’t calibrate it often but I did check it recently to see if that was what was going on. It seemed to be basically spot on.

Ummm are you sure its wicking to the plant in the net pot

Just trying to bounce ideas

1 Like

I think so. I let these ladies stretch a bit extra this time so that I could position the rooting plugs almost at the very bottom of the net pots. The rooting plugs are staying quite wet. Is it possible to keep the rooting plugs too wet once in the net pots?

Bounce away my friend that’s why I’m here.

Yea rooter plugs if kept wet not damp will dampen off a seedling in a heart beat

There’s something else I’ve never been clear on. The rooting plugs are being wetted with oxygenated water, and there are some roots outside of the rooting plugs. Is damping off a result of too much water or not enough oxygen?

I would try waiting for roots to stick out of the rooter plug then place in net pot on top and possibly top feed with spray bottle until roots reach res

To much water

Wow… Mind blown.

How can you have too much water in hydro? Lol. So you’re saying plant the plugs toward the top of the net pots and manually keep the plugs damp until the roots hit the res it that right? I haven’t been doing that.

1 Like

I had it in my mind that the roots which were sticking out of the rooters would be able to get the oxygen, while the roots in the rooters would be providing the water needed. Does this sound right or would the thoroughly wet plugs still be mucking things up? You may be on to something there I’m just not smart enough to really know…

Im not a true hydro guy i use coco but have had dampening off happen when my plug was to wet i would try to top feed or mist really to feed until the roots hit water thats what i would try

Done. I’ll strive for less stretching and plant the rooters closer to the top. I’m not savvy on foliar feeding or anything super fancy like that so I’ll just top water once a day until the roots hit the water. Sounds like a plan.

How’s that coco working out for you? I’ve read a bit about it and it seems like a pretty cool compromise between the hydro and the soil. Do you have a grow journal on here?

1 Like

Yea i will tag you to it. I really like the coco myself. Its real easy to use and i like the control i have over what they get

1 Like

Sound advice as usual. Sucks your luck with starting has been so shoddy but we’ve all been there. Just have to hone n tinker. With so many bagseed u can try a couple different changes with 3-4 a piece. See if it makes a big difference or not. Just be sure to record what u do to which plants

Hello friends! I haven’t posted anything in a while but who wants to look at pictures of sick and dying plants anyway?

I’m back! I got my mojo back yes sir! Hang on while I do a funny little dance.

Ok, it’s only been one day but it’s definitely looking like I’ve isolated the problem with my grow. It was the water all along… In my desperation I went yesterday to the wall store and bought four of their five gallon jugs of that Primo water. I came home and immediately did a nute change on the two remaining “healthy” seedlings I had left.

My pH issues are gone and the plants look great! The growth in the last twenty four hours has been astonishing. Also I was having to add pH down literally almost every time I checked on the plants. Yesterday I had to adjust pH a little when I did the nutes but since then it has been stable. Things are looking up! I guess an RO system is in my near future.

This development couldn’t have come at a better time, because earlier this week I was issued a grower’s license by my state! It was an uphill fight, gathering all the necessary paperwork and especially coming up with the non-refundable $2500 dollar application fee but I am a legal pot grower now. The pressure is on for me to pull my head from that dark crack at the back of me and start growing some sellable product.

It’s also worth saying that I never could have gotten this far without the support of my parents, who always have my back. So on the off chance that they ever read this I want to say thanks for believing in me and I love you guys, and I will do everything I can to make this a success.

The license fee and related expenses have really tapped almost all of our very limited resources so I’m going to have to start small, much smaller than I originally wanted to but I’m rolling the dice and trying to get in on the ground floor with this thing. I can legally grow and sell an unlimited number of plants. This is very exciting news.

I’m in Oklahoma and the way they’ve got the laws written I’m supposed to be able to trace my seeds back to Oklahoma somehow. I’m not legally allowed to buy seeds online or anywhere else as I understand it but so far there isn’t anywhere to buy clones or seeds. There is one dispensary that is supposed to have some seeds on Friday. Guess who’s taking that day off work? This guy.

That’s it. I’m very excited and I had to tell someone so I figured I’d tell you guys. Let my new life commence.

I would also like to take this time to thank each of you who tried to help me through those dark times. Maybe if I weren’t so stubborn we could have got this figured out sooner, but better right on time than never. Soon I will have healthy plants bursting from every seam of my house. And maybe my RV. And the shed.

4 Likes

And ill be here watching every step of your journey (the ones u care to share :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) congrats on the newfound status. Now get to growing some righteous pot plants!

@Filthyhat i look forward to watching your career develop. if you have a grow journal of your new venture pls tag me in

thats really really cheap compared to California licensing. They have created such a regulatory nightmare that its difficult for anyone to navigate the process. There are 3 or 4 bodies that all have their hand out for extravagant fees.

Still waiting on regs in maine. Hear things are furthur but a mess in MA. There should be a thread devoted to this topic.