My first grow journal! Not my first grow... Forest Fruits Autofem

Thank you hope you have a great day bro

1 Like

I’ll second that. I’m snooping on your DWC buckets, considering a go at it at some point. You make it look easy :+1:

1 Like

Happy birthday, @MattyBear! :birthday::tada:

1 Like

Thank you @raustin!!! I miss seeing you on the dank side :pensive:

1 Like

Yeah, I know I have to get over there, just no time for all the extra reading.

I get it, but I’d love to see Mona!!!

1 Like

Hey happy birthday @MattyBear! I didn’t honestly know it was your birthday but happy birthday nonetheless and many more.

Look at me! I’m a dirt farmer. I grow in dirt. I’m like nature.

Really though, I’m not. I’m just a guy who had to make room in his hydroponics bay for new plants, so these had to go.

So, I transplanted the big gals into pots earlier, and they are not looking good at all. I’ve not done this in some time, and I never actually finished any plants in soil but I have transplanted a few and they seemed to take to it with no problem.

I put them into 11qt pots with mostly topsoil and a little vermiculite. I then watered them each with one half gallon of the nutrient solution from the hydro res, along with one half teaspoon of superthrive.

What did I do wrong? I guess it’s way too early to tell if they will bounce back but they’re looking sad, so I thought I would get some expert opinions. What does anyone think of this feeding? Do you think I have done something wrong or should I just wait it out and see how they are tomorrow?

Thanks for your input folks, your help makes it way easier than going it alone. Hopefully one day I will feel confident enough in my skills to try and help others as well.

Just a little transplant shock. Im sure in the morning they will be reaching for the sky. Best of luck

2 Likes

Thanks for the birthday wish! I’m in agreement with @PurpNGold74 and just some transplant shock. Do you have any Superthrive or vitamin B1 to give them? That helps reduce transplant shock :v:

3 Likes

Yes sir I gave them each one half teaspoon of superthrive mixed in with the one half gallon of nutrient solution from the hydro reservoir.

Do you think that the full strength hydro nutes was ok? It made sense to me that it was what they were growing in before so it should be ok… But like I said I am a novice at best here lol.

No, that’s what you wanna do. Feed the clones from when you took them off the mother. So if you took them week 4 veg, start feeding her week 4 veg. I think they will look a lot different tomorrow :wink::v:

@PurpNGold74 @MattyBear

You guys were right! Those plants are looking happy and healthy this morning. I guess I was worried about nothing.

And MattyBear, that’s good info for when I start cloning again. It’s coming :wink:

My other seeds from Amsterdam are all photoperiod plants, and I’m currently working on a much larger space to grow a lot more plants in. It’s gonna take some time but I will be doing a lot of cloning in the near future.

3 Likes

That’s awesome @Filthyhat! I love me some clones too :wink:

Despite what may or may not have been said yesterday, I am not a dirt farmer. I do not grow things in dirt, and I am not like nature.

I don’t fathom what could be wrong with them, but they look pretty well dead to me. This morning these plants were looking pretty great, standing up tall and proud.

I did spot what looked like a calcium deficiency on one of them, and had the bright idea to give them each one teaspoon of calmag in a quart of water. Maybe that was what did it.

Any ideas? I will save them if I can, but it’s not looking good at this point.

@MattyBear @PurpNGold74 @raustin and anyone else who can help this poor unguided hydro grower turned killer.

1 Like
OK. Well, I think I may have figgered the problem. 

Those fancy six dollar plant pots that I bought yesterday have little trays on the bottom. I thought that meant that they would drain into the trays. What I just found is that the stupid little trays were actually kind of snapped into the drainage holes on the bottoms of the pots, so in essence the pots weren’t draining at all. I guess the roots sat in standing water all night and day until I got home from work.

I removed the trays from the bottoms of the pots and each one began pouring dirt tea immediately. Dammit.

Live and learn. Hopefully they’ll come back. Otherwise I’ll huck em in the bin and focus on my babies. And here I thought growing in dirt would be easy. :frowning:

2 Likes

How much water did they get? Don’t worry, I think they’re still in shock… very bad shock.

1 Like

Ah, there ya go. I knew it was overwatered. Just let them drain and dry out. Hopefully, you caught it in time.

1 Like

Yeah thanks for responding, but this looks like a simple case of user error. Stupid mistake. I don’t have one of those knotted ropes thank god, or I would have to flog myself unmerciful.

1 Like

Lol, not your fault, these things happen. Blame the poorly designed pot.

2 Likes

Poor that ish!!! @raustin is the bestest i agree. But snap those bottoms n pour. :man_facepalming:t5::man_facepalming:t5: Its ok. Rookie mistake. Theyll pull thru tomaro

2 Likes