I swear that light looks almost white in person. It’s a BestVA Reflector Series 1200W. The actual draw according to my kill-a-watt is 257 glorious watts of electric goodness. This is my first LED grow light and my first grow using this light. Before I was running a 400w MH that I bought from a guy on craigslist and a budget 400w hps that I got online. I had success with those, but my buds always seemed airy and loose. A few weeks ago when I started researching again I read so much about LED lights that I couldn’t see straight. I decided to give it a try but got overwhelmed by the amount of information on the web.
So I got really stoned one night and ordered this one. The price was reasonable enough I suppose and I got free two day shipping! It seems to be working so far but I guess we will see how the grow goes. One complaint I have so far is that the footprint of the light seems really narrow. I have trouble getting the light to cover all three of the plants that I currently have under it. Once they get bigger this should be less of an issue.
I like how they’ve got a little pot leaf carved right in lol.
I guess I burnt up my maximum replies for the day, I didn’t know there was such a thing or I’d have planned accordingly. So I’ll just edit this one some more.
The three plants I have growing right now are a strain I like to call “Grab Bag”. Now one would probably guess from the name that these are plain old run of the mill bag seeds. That person would be exactly right lol. See, like I said it has been a few years since I grew pot, but if I’m telling the truth it hasn’t been quite that long since I tried to grow pot. Why, just a few months ago i started sixteen seeds. What about those? What happened to those plants? They died.
We didn’t hold a service and really didn’t make a fuss over it either way, but maybe we should have. They was just little ones. Poor little fellers never had a chance.
How it went was I started those seeds and once i saw the first leaves I put them in net pots in small rubbermaid tub with a bubbler. I fought hard against skyrocketing pH levels for days until eventually I was defeated. What I didn’t realize is that the tub was no longer lightproof, having flaked most of its paint from the underside. In retrospect I’ve decided that algae was the cause of that whole calamity. Just another learning experience. Huck em in the bin.
So before I took a chance with my precious feminized sativa seeds that I ordered from Amsterdam of all places, I figured I’d give it a trial run. I read and read, and I read. I dove in and started eight more seeds. I learned from my mistakes. I made adjustments based on observation and so forth. These plants are doing much better. They made it to the Flower Chamber. Well three of them did.
And here we are. They seem to be doing good under the LED. I’ve given them half strength nutes according to the Lucas method that I’ve used in the past with the GH nutes. Theyre thriving.
So, I started my “real” grow. When I made my order from unnamed Amsterdam seed bank they gave me five free seeds. They were Forest Fruits, autofem. I had never even considered such a thing, but there you have it. Three days ago I poked four of them into rapid rooter plugs and put them on the heat mat.
They don’t look amazing. I think it might be too hot in that compartment for them. Originally it was planned for that section to not have its own fan. The air was supposed to be pulled through a light trap into the flower chamber by the main ventilation fan and out from there. But that doesn’t seem to work. It’s OK when I’ve got the main light in the flower compartment turned off, but when all the lights are on the veg room seems to get too hot. It doesn’t make sense to me but there you have it.
I’m also discouraged by the fact that only two have germinated so far. I have four sites in the cabinet and since they’re autoflowers, I figured I’d like to have four of them in there. The stakes are high right now. I only have one more seed, Lord knows why I didn’t just start it too.