My first grow journal. Northern Lights and Kalashnikova

I left them dark until the 12/12 cycle on my timer kicked in. I don’t think you need 48 hrs dark.

1 Like

Im so excited :slight_smile:

1 Like

4 Likes

Looks like they’re beginning to stretch. This is the beginning of the fun part… in case you thought you were having fun already! :partying_face:

1 Like

Your doing a great job. They look very healthy going into the second half!

1 Like

They are growing so so fast… And I thought that veg stage was fast hahaha girls are lookig nice and happy ao far :slight_smile:

1 Like

I do not want to jinx it… Thank you guys… @Familyman i was thinking today that i needto ask you about the whole drying and curing… We were planning to go skiing in January but if the flowering stage will take lets say 8weeks it will be 11th January… And then drying and curing… How long did it take you @Familyman??

Well, trimming took about 10 hours, drying was about 4-5 days depending on the bud size and curing takes about a month or more. After it was jarred, I burped the jars 3x daily for a week, then 2x daily the next, and now I’m at about once every couple days. I also used the boveda 62 packs for each jar. How long will you be skiing for?? Also, every plant is different so an exact day is hard to predict.

2 Likes

@Familyman do you know what would happened if I’d lets say dry it in 4days (thinking of rather than hanging whole plant or branches to use one of the net/mesh hanging dryers) and then burp it for a week. Then leave for skiing (saturday to saturday) and come back and start burping again?? Do you think it will work? Ps the vaporizer is amazing. I have to say only now i can really appreciate the taste of good weed :slight_smile:

Also meant to ask…, it might be a stupid question but what’s the difference between regular jar and mason jar??? I mean I’ve been saving food jars (pickles, honey etc) are they not good enough??

Oh and what about those silica bags?? Can i use them rather than boveda?? How many jars do you ha e @Familyman

Food jars will be fine as long as they are clean and dry. I wouldn’t use the silica packs because they only remove moisture and do not regulate it at a specific level.

1 Like

I think you would be fine. I’ll ask @raustin for a second opinion.

1 Like

I harvested 9 full quart jars. Each jar has about 2 Oz in it.

1 Like

Hmm, that’s a really bad time to go skiing. Hanging for only four days might be a problem, it usually takes between 7 and 10 days to dry completely. Then to not burp the jars for a whole week is not a good situation, you’re looking at gases building up in the jar and possibly mold and mildew.

I think you’d be better off hanging the whole stems for slower drying and just let them dry for the whole two weeks, rather than jarring early.

Thank you @Familyman xxx :slight_smile:

@raustin But if i lets say leave them with the stem to dry longer i won’t be able to check on them while tbey are drying for a week. Is that ok? Does the fan have to be on? As i wouldn’t leave for w week with the fan on… I could always ask my neighbour to burp it but most likely I’d be arrested upon my return hahaha

You can leave the fan off, but I just don’t think they’ll be dry enough in 4 days to jar. I see you coming home to moldy buds.

1 Like

I knew she’d set us right. Thanks!

1 Like

I mean to leave them on stems drying and go skiing, come back and then cure them