My first grow journal / Amnesia Haze Autos and Random Bag Seeds

@Hellraiser no, I haven’t set up a fan yet. Been waiting for my fan and other products to come in from ordering. Thats why I have the temporary lights up at the moment :frowning: Maybe I need to add that in. I do have a humidifier going and the lights and thats about it. Might put a standing fan infront of the plants, should I have it moving from side to side or just continuous air flow?

1 Like

Yeah, possible, touching the soil, or a bit too much light and heat can cause the brown tips as well, Get some air movement going, helps keeps the plants cool, will help dry out the soil a little faster if overwatered and the movement strengthens the plant’s stems.

2 Likes

Haha my new messed up set up until all my stuff comes in. I have my fan set to low and have it going from side to side… will this cause issues for my humidifier on the dresser? Disregard my summer herbs and pumpkins hahaha @Hellraiser

4 Likes

That will work, just want the sprouts vibrating a little from the wind, not blown over.

2 Likes

yep, they are just rocking back and forth very gently and then the wind passes @Hellraiser
Thank you for the help! I hope I didn’t mess these little girls up

1 Like

No problem, these plants can be very resilient, it’s amazing what they can recover from and your sprouts aren’t too bad, just didn’t want to see them get any worse.

Check out my grow journal when you get a chance, I’m documenting through the whole grow process which could be useful for newer growers.

4 Likes

thanks for the tag, set to watching, looks like you got a great start!

2 Likes

Thanks for the tag. I’m here too. More work really gets in the way I’ve missed so much in the last 7 hours.

1 Like

I’m set to watching an I’m gonna tag along as well, that is, if you don’t mind :v:

1 Like

Your post is timely. I am harvesting these Amnesia Haze autos today.

The one on the right was topped while the other one was not. The buds on the topped plant are generally more compact and dense compared to the other.
I have 2 more that are not ready. Two observations made / lessons learned from this grow.
The two that are not ready were delayed because of nitrogen toxicity. All 4 were grown in amended Fox Farm Ocean Forest which is fairly rich on its own. And then, based on growing White Widows and Blueberry autos, gave them a low dose of FF trio mid-week 4. This was too much and too early and 2 of them reacted negatively and quite severely. The other is I did not employ good practices and PH my water. I assumed it was 7.0 or less. Well after I ran into other issues I purchased a pen and TDS meter and found that my water is 7.5 7.7. Way to high and they DID not like it. The forum got me squared away. Flushed them and consistently used - 6.4 to 6.7 PH water thereafter. This is how bad one of them was Talk about a crispy critter. The leaves are way to glossy green and those that weren’t were burned up. You can see that the flower buds were burnt so badly I eventually cut them all off. Here she is a few days ago She is destined for a fast trim and the freezer.
Good luck with yours. PS don’t forget the CalMag :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Welcome to join!

1 Like

Looks good! Can’t wait to get to this point with my first grow! I’m trying to go all organic, have you ever done this with autos?

@Hellraiser my really droopy girl is looking good after a while day of the fan being on her. All the rest seem to be drying up as well!

3 Likes

Nice, use the weight of the cup to tell you when to water, when it feels almost empty.

1 Like

It is starting to feel like that now. But now I’m too scared to water the poor girls lol

2 Likes

on your other thread you were given two ways of watering your little girls. @Bubblehead i think it was suggested giving them 5ml dripped around the edge of the cup. i said to spritz the dirt 3 or 4 times. i know hers works and i know that mine works. she said that with hers you want to water them about once a week (keep in mind that different environments work differently and i would still check them daily). on mine i check them 3 times a day because the light comes on three times a day. with mine u will typically spritz them almost every day because there is very little water in a spritz but sometimes it can take two days to dry back out.

@monkman I have my light on 24/7 right now, should I not? Im going to try the 5ml again but im going to give it another day or two to make sure they are completely dried. They feel like my dry cup of soil but maybe off a bit

I had my lights on 24/7 at about 40% light until she got her 4th node. I then switched to 18/6 at 50-60% light until she had 6-7 nodes at which time it turned the light up to full. this is her today after some LST and a light defoliation. I dropped the seed on march 21 and she sprouted on the 24th. 7 weeks old.

4 Likes

Looks nice!!! Im about a week in on mine :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@registereduser @Hellraiser @monkman @RandomlyRan @Bubblehead
So random question, when did you start ph testing the water? When should I start introducing organic nutes to my plants? I am about a week in on 2 plants and 5ish days on the other 3

1 Like