My first grow journal, 4 weeks into flower

just at 4 weeks into flower, starting to smell kinda like ass but lets hope that changes :joy:. Look good?

7 Likes

Looking good so far. I canā€™t smell my plants growing. If itā€™s smelling like ass you may want to look at all the bud sites. The few times I could smell my plants had a lemon pine smell to them.

Looking great! Smell will come.

2 Likes

Looking good so far. What are you growing in? Soil?

1 Like

Yes, im growing in Fox Farm Ocean potting soil. 75% soil 25% Perlite.

I check them daily and see nothing out of the ordinary. The smell was very odd to me so i was thinking maybe mold or something and inspected top to bottom and found nothing. Maybe its just the strain or maybe its just me lol.

@NewbieNick which strain is it? I donā€™t know of a strain that smells like someoneā€™s arse crack.

1 Like

Its bag seed, i got it from my dispensary in an 1/8th i had so i actually know the strain. Rojo Dawg #15. I shouldnt say ā€œassā€, but it does not smell good or quite like weed idk like i said it could be just me.

Never heard of it but out of the 100 plus strains Iā€™ve smoked, not one smelled like arse. Or anywhere near to a funky smell.

Iā€™d definitely give it a through all checked because mold will smell like that. Iā€™ve never seen bud rot in person.

Is the soil pretty wet because if it is, maybe something is off with it and it is giving off a strange smell.

What kind of lights you have?

No i have no issues with the soil being wet or anything. All my controls are perfect just smells weird and not bud rot i checked.

HLG 300 v2

Maybe its your fingers?

Sorry, couldnā€™t help itā€¦

2 Likes

@AAA Better the fingers than the mouthā€¦:joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

True!!!

Now playing catch up on the posts. Must have coffee.

Iā€™m only on my third grow. Iā€™m 19 days into flower. But I smell a really grass or kinda a wet grass smell. But itā€™s only in lights out. I smelled it last time too. The good smell will come. But I have heard some plants donā€™t really smell at all. :v::call_me_hand:

1 Like

Some plants are definitely more fragrant than others. I still havenā€™t grown a Skunk one yet as I o ow the whole house will smell wonderful. I donā€™t use a filter for the smell.

update on my bud sites, i dont have a microscope yet or a loop so i did my best. Let me know what you guys think.

3 Likes

I think your close. But I would wait another week or two mabee three. Others will chime in that are more experienced than me. But I wait till the hairs are shrinking and almost all amber. Then I start looking at the trichs. Youā€™re looking awesome. :sunglasses::v::call_me_hand: