My first grow journal. 11/18/22

Ok ladies and gentleman. I’m about a week into veg. Using happy frog soil, with white widow autos. Just documenting my grow as I go. Looking for any and all tips/tricks from experienced growers. Added a few pics so ya know what I’m looking at at the moment and can hopefully steer me in the right direction.

8 Likes

im in to watch. tell us about your grow, like nutes, lighting, temps humidity level and such

4 Likes

Im in it also. tell us more.

3 Likes

Temp is ranging from 70-80, humidity 50-60% I have the advanced nutes starter pack which I’ve come to realize I won’t need a few of them due to the soil feeding the plants for several weeks. So I haven’t used any yet and won’t for another 2 weeks(ish). Have an in-line fan/filter running while lights are on. 2 mars hydro 2000 300w lights. 2 oscillating towers fans. And a small air mover blowing air into the tent through a vent in the bottom. I have a tall boy to filter my water through to be at 6.2-6.5ph (haven’t had to water yet though)

2 Likes

i keep my exhaust fan running all the time to circulate air. i would keep the humidity up for the seedlings. do you have a Humidifier?

5 Likes

I do have a humidifier, and for the first 4-5 days I was leaving the humidity more in the 75-80% range then I read and heard to not have it so high to avoid insects and mold. So I lowered it. What do you recommend?

2 Likes

i keep mine at 70, as long as you keep good air flow, you shouldnt haven’t any issues. alot of growers use domes but i have no issues using my Humidifier. growers choice on that lol. just try not to over water, seedling is hard phase in my opinion lol, after that its smooth sailing and everyone here is cool and will help you out.

5 Likes

They seem so fragile. If I’m home I look at them every 30 minutes lol. Can’t wait to get past this phase. Thanks for the input, greatly appreciated!!

4 Likes

lmao, we all do it, its a great hobby and when you have your 1st havest and smoke it, it will be better than anything you bought, well that’s my opinion lol

5 Likes

I have no doubt I will feel the same way. Have you grown autos?

2 Likes

my first 2 grows were white widow autos. right now i am growing. Black Widow and OG Skywalker photos and 2 Zkittles autos

4 Likes

Did you scrog with your autos? I’m reading mixed reviews on whether or not to do it.

1 Like

i did not, i haven’t tried a scrog yet, this grow ive started topping. ive been trying new things each grow. this place has loads of information on it, you can search the forum and read journals on growers using scrogs.

4 Likes

Also, I have a ph meter that also tells me if my soil is too dry or wet. Is there something I can buy that will tell me nutrient levels so I know for certain when to feed them?

3 Likes

i use the weight of the pot to know if they need to be watered. if the pot is light then its time to water. you can always stick your finger in the soil to see if its moist underneath the top soil. ive never used one of the meters you have. you need a ph meter to test the water with or without nutes and a ppm/tds meter. in time you will be able to read your plants on what they need. here is a pic of leaf deficiencies.

7 Likes

16 plants! I wish I had that ambition. Made me think of square foot gardening, some veggie gardeners use

2 Likes

I like the finger test too, for soil moisture. Now I’m covering my soil to try to keep top moist, to try something new

3 Likes

i try all kinds of things to see what works lol.

2 Likes