My first grow/grow journal Sammys

Or if you make a discord, those are good

You dont need to get calmag with jacks 321, you do need to increase to larger feed amounts to accomodate. Jacks has calmag worked into it, if you are seeing deficiencies in calmag, feed stronger then 1/2 feed. @Dankloud uses jacks I think can prolly lay it out. Id follow what @Covertgrower suggested a few days ago. You lady is very light green, looks hungry to me.

3 Likes

Looks like she’s still suffering theee spots / deficiencies.

2 Likes

But also wouldn’t I just be able to give her extra cal mag with normal watering instead of jacks? In case she needs extra?

Also is light supposed to be 18 inches from the canopy? Or from the soil? If it’s from canopy does that mean I have to raise my lights as they grow bigger?

1 Like

Yes it does and yes 18-24 inches pretty standard hanging height. Im surprised your light didnt come with recommendations for hanging height. Spots will not go away, you are likely to have to feed your plant more. I dont use Jacks so id just follow coverts suggestion. I do everything that cat tells me I should do, flat out.

1 Like

I already fed his recommendations, I did half it because I don’t feed a gallon yet.

1 Like

So yes it does for I have to raise the lights up?

I agree but I think it might be easier for a beginner to just add supplemental cal mag instead of altering the jacks recipe?

1 Like

Are you using the DLI meter & following the chart? Just do that, but you might want to give it a little less light than whatever is recommended if you think she is stressing for whatever reason.
Did you get any leaf temp numbers yet? Just curious to know what you find there. Also I was looking at your other thread & you mentioned installing a carbon filter hurt your temps somehow, that tells me that you probably have too little passive intake area, or not enough exhaust flow, or both. There is also a slight possibility that you have too much intake area & hurting your velocity in through the intakes. Let me ask you this, is your exhaust fan sucking the tent in at all, or never?

Hey Sammy, how many grows do you have under your belt? I’m asking for a specific reason that might be able to help u out

1 Like

This is my first one haha

1 Like

Nah you’re just overthinking that, the intake and out takes are fine; I also never said the carbon filter was hurting the temps, only that it made no sense to scrub air that was clean and we already know that it slows down the amount of air that goes through the exhaust fan with a carbon filter(not by much but it does)

1 Like

Also the DLI chart is cool which is what I’m currently following, just wanna make sure I’m doin it right :love_you_gesture:t2:

Ok, my advise is to not worry about all the dli and ppfd shit too much. It is important but not important enough to stress over. As a beginner you should probably be concentrating on learning how to water and apply your nutrients. Also figuring out how much light, how far away etc…I think your getting good advice but I also think that some of it is a bit too advanced. Baby steps… keep it simple and fun… learn as you grow. Then each grow after try to improve upon the last by dialing your environment in better.
This is just my 2 cents…

4 Likes

Got it. I guess I don’t understand when you are using the a/c in the closet. It looked like you said you helped your tent temps with the intake fan & no a/c.

1 Like

Nah it’s mainly the intake that helped

Thanks, I’ll do my best :))

Im not suggesting altering. I am suggesting he feed more.

1 Like

Also I don’t really worry much I just wanna make sure I got the canopy from plant light correct so it doesn’t cause any more issues

1 Like