I’ve been lurking this forum for a while and decided to venture into the wonderful world of indoor growing. I chose to go with the Glookies Strain from Barney’s Farm as it’s a mix of 2 strain that I really love and is reputed to yield big plant. Upon reading a bit I went in favor of a DWC setup in a 3x3 tent. I also pulled the trigger on a 250w HPS from a local hydro store.
I had lots of fun installing my tent and the electrical component. I use these temperature controller on my anodizing line so I knew they were cheap and reliable. I found out they now have the RH controller so i bought 2; 1 to turn on/off the humidifier, and 1 to turn on the exhaust fan at full speed if the RH gets over my setpoint. The temperature controller will also turn the exhaust fan at full speed if it exceed 26c/80f in the tent. At any other time, the exhaust fan is running at about 50% of it’s capacity. I wanted to have some kind of peace of mind when I’m away.
Germinating the seeds was done in rockwool cube and I had sprout coming out 48hr after. 72hr after I bought and germinated the seeds they were already in their net pot. I used a top feed for the first week and a half, until some member here pointed out that I was overwatering these poor girl.
I used a 20x30 tote box and cut 3x 5" hole on top. In my effort to maximize my light and heat transfer to the tank I first covered the tote with a white sheet but the humidity had it warp a lot, so I am now using isofoil material.
After 5 days I had 3 evenly sized seedling and I was proud of me so far lol. On the 6th day I did my first rez change and went higher in nutes. 2 days later, I was here asking for advice about what I did wrong with my baby!
I had just burned them by stupidly following the feeding chart that cames with my lines of nutes (Canna Aqua). With some precious advice here, I installed a chiller to keep my water temp between 65-68* (I was getting 79* before) and I cut the nutes strength in half to an EC of 0.5. I also stopped the top feed and lowered PH to 5.7. They are since growing really well with noticeable change everyday.
Reading a bit more I also realized I went quite small in my light, and the reflector on my model of light is not really effective. So I ordered a KingBrite 480w 3500K Led pannel that should be here this week.
I’ll post picture tomorrow of how they grew in the last few days! I am now at 13 days into veg and I already have the 4th and 5th nodes out on the 2 healthy one. I will be topping them really soon and also have a scrog net on the way. I really want to get the maximum out of my little 3x3 setup.
Thanks for reading me!