My first grow - filled with ups and downs

Hi everyone - Thank you for all your help so far - I am learning a great deal and appreciate the expertise offered here.
I just yesterday transplanted 4 autos (2 Blueberry, 1Amnesia and 1NLT) that popped July 7 - I made the mistakes of moving them from lightbox to Full sun (we have had perfect weather) in their delicate stages as well I put the lamps too close to early seedlings, in the lightbox. They are now in 5 Gallon mix of FFOcean, perlite and Worm castings. I also treated the roots with Mychorrazae fungi - although they are stunted, they seem to be positively responding to the transplant and more stable environment with me minimizing interference and over love.
The 2 seedlings in the center are fem Banana Kush photos that I intended to take outside (its late in the season) but they also can serve as a sub if one or two of the autos decline. They popped a week ago but look to be doing better since they were not subject to my mistakes earlier.
The tent is 48" x 48" x 80", with 4 HGL QB288s, (currently at 25" and 25% intensity) 6" Cloudline fan with carbon filter.
The soil is PH 6.7
Temps 71-76 degrees, Humidity 52 - 60% -
I am hopeful that the autos recover and although immature for their age go to full cycle. I am very open to help and the suggestions of the forum. Thank you in advance.

2 Likes

Good luck!!! They look good. Just remember you wont need nutrients for AWHILE. Just monitor that ppm coming out in your runoff. :v:

2 Likes

Yes I am going to adopt a more scientific approach to this - I can already see the benefits…

2 Likes

As long as you watch what goes in and comes out your golden. Easy peasy

2 Likes

This morning almost 2 days after transplant - it looks like the seedlings have recovered and are starting to build a root structure that is supportive of growth. I have everything on a 19/6 light schedule and have not watered again - soil is moist, PH is 6.7 Temps and Humidity within 70 - 77 degrees and 55 - 70% humidity - I have not had to support the plants which surprised me because of the fragile and incomplete (and non-existent) root ball.
I will continue on course and appreciate all your helps.
Thank you

Things are looking up… This is this morning after their second watering (3 days) - the 4 autos are 3 weeks old today - They all look to be recovered, but stunted for their age but I am happy with the progress they have made - The Bks look great - they are 1.5 weeks old. I have been playing around with the humidity to get it a little higher and found some success in spraying the walls with water - It is temporary and suppliments a small humidfier which will be more than adequate in later days… I will be adding a small amount of PH down to my next watering - the PH looks to be closer to 6.9 or 7.0 after watering. I will take several more readings to watch for trends and stabilizing measurements. Thanks for all the help.

This morning after a good misting - all are looking to have recovered well - One of the Blueberry Autos is smaller than the rest and I may take her outside to make room - I will be transplanting the 2 BKs early next week and I decided to invest in a reverse osmosis system and avoid any water issues. I have not fed nutrients to anyone yet - the 4 are 24 days since popping.

1 Like

Yesterday I transplanted the 2 Banana Kush photos into their 5 gallon homes - they are in the back so that their light is not too bright - they are 10 days younger than the autos - and did some more LST on the 4 autos - unfortunately the Northern Lights auto in the second picture I accidently broke the main stem 3 nodes from the top - I tried to tape it but their was only a very thin thread and it wouldn’t likely recover - so I took it off this morning and now the best way for me to look at this is that I will have some experience with an unintentional topping an autoflower severely. My heart was broken. But I am better now, and have learned a valuable lesson.

Today is Day 61 for the 4 Autos and day 52 for the 2 photos - they have all recovered very nicely and 3 autos are well into flowering. One of the autos (Bluebery) is 3 weeks behind the other Blueberry in flowering so I suspect it may be a photo.
I added several things to my watering/feeding regiment learning about them from the forums and all the helpful farmers out here. Epson salts, Superthrive, Silica, Cal-Mag, and Blackstrap Molasses rotated in their schedule.
I purchased an RO system to improve the quality of water I ws giving them, added classical music to their lights-on day, and I see daily improvements and gains.
My plan is to take the 3 autos to harvest in the 18/6 cycle with the 3 photos staying on in veg for a few more weeks, add a couple of autos and flip to 12/12 for the rest of their cycles.
Thank you everyone for all the help you generously give. I am very grateful enjoy my passion more than I ever thought possible.

1 Like

Day 69 and the Northern Lights Auto is ready - I put her in the dark this morning and will harvest her tomorrow. The Blueberry and Amnesia Auto are not too far behind. certainly by month’s end all that will be left are the 3 photos - I am starting 2 Gorilla Glue ILGM Autos to fill in the tent…

1 Like

That’s a awesome rotation yield+variety may I ask what size tent?

1 Like

Hi @Carol4486
I have a 4 x 4 x 7 tent with two double Q B 288 boards.
I originally only wanted 4 five gallon pots. But I added two photos and put them in the back and they’ve done very nicely.

Northern Lights Auto - 1st of the 3 autos Harvest day
70 days from sprout

Took her out out of the dark (30 hours) this morning and cut her and sat daown for my first trim - I loved every minute of this.
I was surprised at the yield - 125 grams / 4.4 oz Wet -
I put them in a herbsnow that I haven’t used yet and we shall see what the final numbers and smoke is. I suspect it will surpass any expectation I had.
I am in heaven and can’t wait till the Blueberry is ready end of the week.