My first grow ever. ILGM WW auto

Hi Arborholic. I had zero trouble cracking seeds on this grow.

For my second plant, i’ve tried those jiffy pots. After having not much luck with my first attempt there, I read that seeds like dark and warm, so I set up a spare bathroom with one of those “heat mats” that I bought from ebay. I tried two seeds that time. Pretty sure those seeds got too hot, because I got no action at all from them and that was at least 10 days wasted. I did drop a white widow seed in a glass of water on Feb 11th. Got a small sprout coming from it within less than two days, so I transplanted the seed into a small cottage cheese container that had about an inch of FFOF in the bottom and sterilized potting soil mix at the top. Nothing from that one yet, but it’s only been 3 days. I’m pretty sure that one is going to pop out of the soil sometime in the next day or two…

3 Likes

That’s great. Glad to hear you’ve had zero problems cracking seeds this grow. Good luck! :four_leaf_clover::+1:t3:

1 Like

@HappyGoLucky21

Day 76 She’s chugging right along.

She’s been showing phosphorus deficiency signs again. Nothing major, just purple leaves and the really old fan leaves are getting purple, then yellow. This morning I watered her with a tea that I started brewing yesterday. It was 1 gallon of R.O. water juiced up with 1 tablespoon of “terp tea bloom” by roots organic. Also added a few tablespoons of earthworm castings and 1/2 a teaspoon of epsom salt and a little bit of molasses. Before I watered her I sprinkled almost a full tablespoon of seabird guano on the top of the soil then scratched it in. The seabird guano is mainly for the phosphorus. If there’s no progression of the leaves turning purple I’ll probably just give something minor with phosphorus in her next watering. (teaspoon of terp tea bloom??)

She did take almost a whole gallon of water today, even though I watered her last two days ago. I had been watering every 3 days, but the phosphorus def had been getting quite a bit worse the past day or so, so I watered a day early. She took a gallon and only had about a pint of runoff. I ran that runoff through again and she took it all except maybe half a cup.

These white widow autos seem to really like the phosphorus.

Gotta build those big buds!

I hope everyone has a phenomenal weekend! Still having fun growing my plant here. :smiley:

5 Likes

She’s turning out great!

1 Like

Look at that CHUNK!!! Nice!!!

2 Likes

Thanks it’s been quite the learning experience. :smile:

1 Like

I think the AZ sunshine has a LOT to do with it. :sun_behind_small_cloud:

1 Like

Looking Beautiful!!, man that sounds like the perfect cocktail for her! I may have to try that sometime, ive been cheap and still doing the old sample water ph level lol , also a TDS . Saving some $ for ones that were suggested. Ill post a picture in a little, just about to upload some! Love being tagged in that picture amazingness!

PS i love that unsulfured molasses , the girls perk right up =)

Week 7 of flower started yesterday. I think we’re on day 82?

Watered her today with strait RO water + 1 teaspoon of Epsom salt. I’m starting her end-of-life 2 week flush because her trichomes are about 30% cloudy from the best I can guess.

She’s been a champ. Figure 10-14 more days to go unless something odd happens. :ok_hand:

3 Likes

They look THICK! Very nice!!

2 Likes

After I brought her in from the sun today,realized she’s changing really quickly. I last fed her over a week ago, and I think she’s hurrying to finish since she’s hungry. Decided to start her 2 days of dark tonight. Removed all her ties, trimmed a bunch of fan leaves that were crowding bud sites:

Her final glamor shot:

OK just one more:

Two more days makes Wednesday chop day. If my math is right, that’s 88 days from planting seed in bare soil to harvest. Not bad at all.

7 Likes

Oh my goodness! Those are beautiful! I cant wait to to see chop day! I switched to watching =)

Chop day!

Look at that root ball. I thought it would be bigger.

The roots were almost all in the top half of the pot. :thinking:

Took 5 little popcorn nugs (for sampling) and hung the plant in the dark tent for drying.

4 Likes

So exciting!!

I think if I was going to change something for next time, I’d:

-use extra perlite in my soil
-fill the pot to within 1/2" to the top,
-Don’t use Jiffy Peat pellets. I think they stunted my root growth.
-Give fewer nutes in veg and don’t spend the first two weeks of flower on pure R.O. water then wonder why she shows phosphorus defs.

That’s about all I can think of.

1 Like

You do you ad im sure it will go great! I hope lol, i cant wait to make that change. Way more practice needed first

@HappyGoLucky21 @Eagles009 @Dr.ofSmokology

I got my plant jarred up today.

3oz + 5grams! From a single auto plant first grow. Not bad at all. Pretty happy with those results. Thanks for those that followed along it’s been a fun journey!

7 Likes

The little bush that could! Great job.

2 Likes

Nice job.

1 Like