My first grow burns really fast

My first harvest was Amenisa Haze. I had 9 plants and yielded 9 ounces. I thought that was a little low. The quality was good, but the buds burned up really fast. I dried them by hanging upside down in my grow room. Why were the buds so dry. Should I cut them down next time and put the green buds in jars to dry and not hang them from the ceiling?

1 Like

Dry slowly with fans circulating under them. When almost dry i put in paper bags with moniter to check humidity. When i get to about 62% i put in mason jars with bovida pack. Some prefer 58%.

3 Likes

I am drying them inside. This time of year our heat is running and the atmosphere is dry. So how many days would you suggest they hang if the plants were not wet to begin with. Also I saw that someone dips his buds in cold water after they are cut then hangs them. Would that help?

2 Likes

Ive never tried that so cant help there. Im in texas so i either have too much humidity or not enough. I had to finally purchase a humidifier & dehumidifier for the girls to have any luck controling humidity.

1 Like

Thanks. I guess I’ll need to buy a meter for humidity. Wow. This has been a big experience. Much different than growing vegetables. :butterfly:

4 Likes

@Fairygrandma. I’m in eastern Canada and my indoor humidity usually runs around 25-30% in winter. Wood heat.
I just harvested some sweet amnesia and only let it hang for 2 1/2 days before starting my cure. If I had let them go any longer then they would have been brittle.
I also used the freezer to help pull some moisture out of the centres. I use large freezer bags to sweat and burp / air the buds till dry enough to finish the cure.
Hope this will help in future. Peace. :v:

2 Likes

We were just discussing this in another thread, may help.

7 Likes

Thanks for the info @dbrn32. I will put this into practice. Appreciate the help. :v:

1 Like

Some people do a hydrogen peroxide and water wash to rinse dust insect droppings and what ever off plants then hang to dry. I did this if nothing else it made me feel better because I grow outside and gnats and other things get on plants

1 Like