My first grow attempt

Ok so:
Seed selection
Origin / ancestry|Granddaddy Purple, Tahoe Alien, and Green Ribbon cross. First introduced in Southern California in 2006 by Alien Genetics.
Flavors Tropical, berry, citrus, sweet, like a bowl of Fruity Pebbles cereal
May Relieve Everyday stress, clinical depression, insomnia, loss of appetite, every day pain, chronic pain, nausea
Aromas, Fragrance Fruity, like Fruity Pebbles cereal, tropical, berries, delicious, dank, pungent
THC Content :

18% to 21%,

Growing medium soil
More specifically fafard composed manure with peat moss 0.9 - 0.4 - 0.3

Nutrients super green blood meal 12-0-0 veg
Super green superphosphate 0-20-0 flower

Soil precontioned 2 weeks prior to being placed into tent

Tent 48"x48"x72"

Lighting 48’ string with 15 e26 sockets only using 9 atm with 3 different led bulbs available from the dollar store around the corner each is 1550 lumens with a 38 average par 3 2700k bulbs 3 3000k bulbs 3 5000k bulbs

All water for this grow will be tap water aged 7 days and at grow room temp. For future grows will be direct drain from a cichlid tank enriched with filter flush out

Air filtration has not arrived yet will be a 6 inch 420 cfm carbon beast likely set at reduced speed or restricted flow

Currently one fan in tent not happy with how its functioning looking into a few CPU fans that can be wired in series and plugged into USB outlet on power source

Potential auto water setup in development working on flow rate and reliability before installing

Pics I took earlier to big I’ll try to get more tonight and post tomorrow

Any pointers or suggestions welcome please do point out anything that may help

1 Like

Looks like your off to a good start. Just wondering why let your water age 7 days?
Also if u pop the domes off ur led bulbs and lower them closer to plants. The domes restrict the light

1 Like

Here is some of mine with no domes or lens on lights. I keep them about 8-12 inches away from plants and they work great.

2 Likes

When I ran the old fish room we discovered that even using chemical treatments the tap water was treated with a mix of chlorine and bromine the only way to reduce the concentrations to an acceptable level for fish was to age it a week before introducing it into a tank. Armed with this knowledge of my local water I have chosen to use it with both my regular outdoor garden and now my grow room. My outdoor veggies seemed to be much better this past summer which leads me to believe it has had an effect

I see. I always let mine sit for 24 hours to let chlorine and such disapate away.
Interesting tho…
Happy growing
And get them lights alot lower :wink:

3 Likes

I am looking forward to your grow. Welcome to the forum.

My only pointers would be to keep pH and ppm managed and monitored. Being in soil, you want the water and nutrient solution going in at 6.5pH and coming out the bottom (when the plants are big enough to handle it) at 6.2 to 6.8. I grow in coco and don’t know much about your soil type or nutrients, but I would be real careful about over-nuting your plants. Less is better and your soil already has stuff in it. If you measure your ppms you can avoid over-nuting.

I am not sure how new you are or are not to growing MJ, but check out the GUIDES section. There’s tons of info and a downloadable growing bible. It is not an overwhelming read. Good luck!

1 Like

Thank you I have never grown any mj past initial sprouts in past this will be my first full grow as legally I can now grow 4 plants per residence

2 Likes

Congrats on your legality. I am in Massachusetts and have been able to grow up to 12 plants for two adults for about two years. It’s a great thing. They just opened the first pot shops here a few weeks ago but the prices are absurd compared to growing your own.

Here’s the link to the guides:

And these are my grow journals. I have been growing for a little over a year now and have harveste three grows and am on my fourth. I got a nice harvest on my first plants, but I really messed them up along the way and the good folks on this forum helped me out and got me on the path.

https://ilgmforum.com/t/first-time-grower-mistakes-white-widow-auto-indoor-soil-400w-hps-400wmh/16354/83

https://ilgmforum.com/t/3rd-grow-outdoor-veg-indoor-flower-5-la-confidential-fem-soilless/24769/16

3 Likes

CRITICAL get a PH n PPM meter set…online $20.

3 Likes

Update pods popped off ppm and ph meters ordered seeds still in germination think I can see one head of 4 starting to break soil but I’m not willing to lift lid to check closer just yet.

Spent most of the day working on how to make these lights more mobile and less a cluster flock the plans now to cut bases out of muffin tins from dollar store and mount lights in from bottom then mount tins on strings for lift and lower. Will likely use 12 of 15 lights and have 2 fixed positioned lights and 1 lost to give me just shy of 6 feet of lowering capacity. Auto water systems starting to acquire the components for this airline for a fish tank will be used along with a 4 way splitter once I have all the pieces I will post pics and a description of how I am assembling and setting flow rates

2 Likes

Update checked on seeds I put down to germinate this morning 2 of 4 breaking soil this morning third is looking very close will try to get a picture after work

2 Likes

Proud to introduce Mary and Jane their sisters haven’t popped up yet but should be out soon

4 Likes

Updated lighting pic

the little green head poking up is the gfs basil she wanted proof I could grow it too

1 Like

I used to grow under CFL bulbs and took a 4’ section of galvanized stove pipe, spread it open lenghth wise and used threaded rod with nuts to keep it spread apart. It makes a curved hood shape and drilled holes to fit the bulb sockets and added eye hooks on top for chains to make it easier to raise and lower. Very inexpensive and easy to assemble, might work good for your setup. Happy Growing

4 Likes

I love the stove pioe light idea. The lights as they are, are not to my liking. Mary and Jane need to move in under the lights soon they both are reaching for the stars. Not fond of the idea of transplanting them so soon

I use 3 of these in my 2 x 4 tent with LED’s with the tops removed. Have had great success.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07BP47TB6/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3DTHEW6WKK1RZ&psc=1

2 Likes

I usually don’t transplant until the outer tips of the leaves reach the outside edge of the pot they are growing in. I use this as a general rule for whatever size pot there in until there in the final pot. Be super careful when they are very young as you can damage them easily.

2 Likes

Mary and Jane both rubbing top of germination station no choice but to move them need to keep germination station running I have their sisters still just under soil with nice root starting

Jane’s spreading her leaves looking quite happy in her new home. Mary well I just discovered she was wearing a seed cap over her leaves so she couldn’t spread em yet will check back tomorrow to make sure they are both happy in the tent. Filter wasn’t supposed to arrive until after Christmas but got an email today saying it will be here tomorrow. Ph tester should be here tomorrow as well

1 Like

I will be ordering in some of these in the very near future