My first grow and I'm doing it my way

Thought i would do little update. Starting week 3 of flower stage and i seem to have gotten the plants back on track. Sure am learning alot about ind

oor growing

5 Likes

Nice job on the even canopy. Plants look great too

1 Like

Thanks bud I’m having a blast training these girls and learn in a ton. I’m thinking my first grow may just turn out ok I’ll probably put the screen in in about a week to set up the scrog. I’ll keep ya posted

I’d leave the screen out. Those things are in full flower. Any high stress will just do damage. I’m running my first scrog now. I’ll wait till the screen is 2/3 full then flip them

1 Like

Ya I second that…your all ready flowering. Was it your idea to just use a net for support? It is really a little late to be bending and tucking now, you already have the growth your working with. They look phenomenal though, you’ve done an outstanding job with so many girls as a 1St grow learning experience!! LoL

1 Like

Awsome guys I’ll leave them be. Looks like more research is in order for next grow for sure. I realy enjoy the time I spend with the girls while training and I’ve been getting a little local advice telling me I still have stretching to do. Obviously not so much. 6 or 7 weeks still to go I believe . I have both Ewok and Taho in the room. Like i said today is start of week 3 flowering.

It just keeps getting more fun and more interesting every day. I’m thinking these girls are pretty happy for day 4 of week 3 in flower

4 Likes

Looking great @Warkat
Nice job

2 Likes

So I had a couple bums cruising my back yard looking for my outdoor girls. Can’t have that so I brought em all inside. Now I have 22 plants in a 4×8 tent and it’s crowded. Start week 4 of flower in 2 days. My question today is how much more growth can I expect. I still have some headspace left but not alot the tallest plants are now 25" tall including pots. Will I be ok with that many plants or am I asking for trouble. Thanks in advance for your help.

!

3 Likes

Wow talk about a full house!
The HLG600 light should be a minimum of 24” above the canopy at full power is what I have read. So your running the one HLG and then also the other two lights at the ends correct. Do you have the HLG going long length with the 8’ of the tent? Have you modified the hangers to be able to raise the light more than the stock?
Depends on the plants final stretch but if your 4 weeks since seeing flowering (not since the switch to 12/12) you shouldn’t see too much more height but ya never know. I assume the outside plants were also flowering? If not they will start with the lighting in the tent.
With that full of a tent you’ll be limited with being able to bend down the tall ones as you won’t have the room side to side.
With that many plants you’ll want to thin the hell out of them to reduce the possibility of developing white powdery mildew and you’ll want a lot of airflow and keep leaves from stacking on top of each other.
I’ve got a 8x4 1/2 tent with 6 big in veg and 9 smaller in veg and I don’t have room to adequately spread them out enough.
Also be aware of any bugs you might have brought into tent from ones that were outside.

Sucks that people have to mess with others stuff if that’s what they were doing.

2 Likes

At least a foot…sorry I did not read all of divers answer. Lol

2 Likes

Here is a good read for you
https://www.pacificlightconcepts.com/led-tips/
@Warkat

1 Like

Wow thanks for quick response. I still have exactly 36" of headspace left. The 600 light is going lengthways in the room. I have a dehumidifier hooked up outside of tent and humidity never goes above 55% inside. I have all 3 lights on full boar and my temps run 82 degrees most of the day. I have 3 circulation fans moving leaves all the time night and day. I am running both a 4 and 8" intake fan one on each end of the tent on the floor to move air below the plant level. Them I’m running an 8" exhaust system that’s amazing it’s a cloudline system. All intake and exhaust air are taken from a different room than tent is in. The outdoor plants have all been on same schedule as indoor I was bringing them in every night to keep them on schedule with indoor. I’ve looked real close and no bugs yet but I’ve had a good routine of neem oil all along. My canopy is pretty much all within about 6" of each other so good there. I’ve been training the heck out of them all along but just released all of them from tie downs so there free growing now.

Also i am just going on 4 weeks since i flipped them and i saw my first sign of flower 5 days later. Both strains are 8 to 9 week flower period. Ewok and Tahoe do I count that from flip date or first sign of flower. I want a 2 week flush before harvest if I can get it and that makes for about a week difference.

Thanks so much bud. I’ve been fretting my room temps until I read this now I see I’m right on track. Great article

1 Like

If your really going to try and flower all of those in one tent you may need to do some drastic adjustments…like removing a lot of branches etc…
Kinda like doing the SOG with single main colas for many of them in order to even come close to finishing but again I’m new to this as well.

@dbrn32 @PurpNGold74 @peachfuzz @MattyBear

Maybe someone else can chime in as to direction etc about the number of plants in flower etc… I’m sure someone may be able to offer up ideas or know someone else that can…

2 Likes

The other option I have for this grow is moving out of tent and into the room the tent is in. Would be a real pain tho haha. The plants really are pretty small I kept em tiedbbup all through veg stage and i had some serious trouble during that phase of grow. I just hate te idea of killing any of them but also don’t want to loose the whole crop. Thanks a bunch for askin the community to chime in it’s much preciated

Just push them through and plenty of air movement… :wink:
Lots of work , but you can pull this off… :+1:
I’m sending you good ganga vibes…:wink:
Plants are lookin beautiful…:drooling_face::grin:
:v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

I’m moving some air haha when I open the door to the basement I can feel the wind from the room lol. I have 2 750cfm 8 in fans and a 4 in too going in the tent

2 Likes

I think you will maybe see them grow a little more because they will compete for space touching like that. But I agree you can probably make it work 4 weeks in. Keep the air dry and moving like peachfuzz said.

1 Like