My first grow 1 nl, 1 ah and 1 bb

I’m south of Boston, close to Plymouth, but not so close as to have to worry about Cape Cod traffic or the Plymouth and Cape tourists. I used to live a lot closer to Boston (maybe 20 miles give or take south, and at one point lived on the North Shore), but I really like this area.

1 Like

Try to get your pH to around 5.8 for coco, you can use lemon juice or vinegar to bring it down if you don’t want use chemicals, and baking soda to bring it up.

1 Like

I am looking at soil grows to see what everyone is doing with those and I may start one shortly before or after these ones go into flower…I’d like to always have plants growing at one stage or another…eventually I want to set up a grow tent in my garage.

I am growing for myself but also for medicine for my grandma.

2 Likes

I do perpetual indoor growing - 2 plants flowering and
Start new seeds about 4 weeks before harvest – this time around I was given
2 clones plus started 2 clones from my last grow so my “I’m taking the summer
Off and growing some autos” got derailed and I’ve got 5 gorgeous plants and just gave away three more clones to @Matthew420

The best laid plans …:grin:

2 Likes

LMAO…was talking to my mom, she said “what’s with the coco fibre stuff, put it in some potting soil in a pot, your dad and I used to just use regular potting soil then he’d put some of them in the vegetable garden” …she and my dad used to grow in the veg garden when I was young and right near the tomatoes were always his special plants…he cured the whole plants upside down in our basement. (My dad used to look and sound a lot like Tommy Chong except with a slight Boston accent , so Creech and Chong are a little extra funny for me, because I can see my dad in him so much).

3 Likes

Sony, I didn’t answer earlier @bob31 she’s hanging in there… leaning on the chopstick, not sure if she’ll strengthen up, but we’ll see… Misting her with the correct ph this morning may help, I think misting daily will be my choice of watering methods until they gain some strength and size …I guess a little time will tell.

2 Likes

You could even mist her a little more 3-4 times a day. Just wait for the leaves to dry before putting the LED’s back on. A t5 is good for sprouts due to the low heat. Watch for stretch and lower the lights as needed

No worries @Sammie76 I’m in and out so you just answer when you can and i do the same! :grinning:

2 Likes

I misted mine several times a day. Leaving them under the dome will help keep them moist with the high humidity.
Mine will be two weeks old tomorrow, and still under the dome.

1 Like

SMART! lol I am a big fan! grow what you need (+ gifting!) and keep the rotation going!

2 Likes

Feeling frustrated that none seem to be growing much since yesterday…I haven’the measured height to be sure, but they just seem to have stalled out after growing 1/4 to 1/2 an inch every day since popping up, to everyone being stalled out. Maybe it’seems because they don’the have to stretch for light as much now, and it’s not a bad thing, but I’d like to see progress.

@Sammie76 they are probably just grow strong root system if the seem like they stalled in a few days they will take off lol I’m sure of it

3 Likes

@Countryboyjvd1971 thank you! The waiting sucks…would be easier if I had something to smoke while waiting. I could probably find people to buy from around here…but wanted to not buy any, which is why I am growing.

1 Like

@Sammie76
I asked the same question on mine. After sprouting they grew like crazy for a few days then stopped. After two or three more days the leaf growth went crazy fast!

Hahaha @Sammie76 I understand :+1:
Key is to grow enough so you can smoke till next harvest :+1: That’s why I have three tents plus a outdoor grow :+1:

5 Likes

@Countryboyjvd1971 LMAO that is why even thought these 3 have only bèn in the ground just over a week I’m already looking into how I want to do my next Grow and what I’ll need. I’m thinking that in 4 to 6 weeks I can start either in soil or DWC, both have thier appeals…but I’m not sure yet. Soil may be less $$$ and right now I do need to think about that. I am also saving up for more seeds and possibly a grow tent, so that I don’t need to stick with autoflower…so many things to considder.

3 Likes

Hydro interests me
Loosing my whole crop in a day if my power goes out concerns me
Sticking with soil :/)

I’ve grown photos in a closet lined with white tarp and HPS lighting - you can do it without a tent if you have a closet. However, tents are pretty cheap. I have a 2 x 4 x 5 bought on Amazon for $50 and that’s all I currently use

My vegging plants are getting by (quite well) with natural sun in our 3 - season room :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yup.

Goals

-never run out

• grow a variety of strains
3 Likes

I may be able to do that after I set up my art/craft room (and hang the art that is currently stored in the closrt) or spring for the inexpensive grow tent.

1 Like

check and check! LMAO @Sl1 @Sammie76

@Rugar89 cool, good to know that I didn’the do something to screw them up…maybe I’ll see some good growth tomorrow or the next day.

1 Like