My first go with regular seeds

You can sex the non-feminized plants by taking cuttings (and label them) and place in a cup of water, then get those cuttings in a 12/12 light schedule, change the water every few days. They don’t need to root, just need to keep them alive long enough to show their sex, can take 2/3 weeks. Plants need to at least be close to sexual maturity for this to work but will be a little quicker than waiting on preflowers.

8 Likes

I’m set to watch I got two regular seeds that sprouted out of the soil yesterday, already alot of good info.

I’ve found usually the males appear at about 6 weeks in veg, which isn’t too bad: they’re just really starting to take off then.

2 Likes

This should be interesting.

I’m going to start the seeds tonight in water and move them to a paper towel. It’s been a proven approach for me in the past.

The whole waiting forever to find out the sex of the is stressing. It’ll take up tent space and use up expensive nutes.

So, I found a lab in California that will do a DNA test on your plant to determine sex. $12 a plant. Worth it for this rookie. All you need is a small leaf. I’ll post pictures when it comes. Hopefully I’ll know the sex in a coupe weeks.

@NeoGroR I have 2 of the DTC 99 going into week 6 of flower. One I left natural as Mr soul suggests. The other I topped and did some training. They both look fantastic. I actually emailed Mr soul concerning this. He said “ the natural Christmas tree shape is just a suggestion. Do whatever you’re comfortable with. You’ll be happy either way”. I’ll see if there is a difference when I harvest. These girls are in ProMix. It’s all I grow in.

3 Likes

Thanks Otis. I appreciate it.

1 Like

Tall lanky…Lankier then the rest usually ones to watch …I second @Hellraiser I do this all the time because I only grow regular seeds once I got my select I clone the hell out of her… no more sexing after that there all female from clone of a female

5 Likes

@Myfriendis410

Quick question, I thought I was granted access as a “regular” some time ago. I went to recategorize this topic to find out I was bumped back to “member” not a big deal, I just wonder why.

Secondly, could you please move this thread under “grow journals” ? Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

@NeoGroR I’m not @Myfriendis410 but I moved it over to journal but left it beginner can change that to if you’d like ?? I’ve not heard of them lowering the level of a member but I haven’t been around that long maybe friend can answer that.

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

There is a forum ‘engine’ that monitors activity. If for example you didn’t ‘like’ enough posts it will drop you down. Let me look:

I reset to ‘Regular’. Let me know if it shows up.

2 Likes

It did show up. Thanks.

2 Likes

Happy to help. It’s silly but I understand, and you are a welcome grower here so happy to help.

2 Likes

Well here we go.

I dropped in water 4 Pineapple Upside Down Cake regular seeds, by Humboldt Seed Company. Then one DTC99.

After 18hrs in water I moved them into a paper towel, put the paper towel into an open plastic bag. I set them in a heating mat I just purchased. I can see one PUDC has already cracked.

I’m prepping the coco now as well. I found a brick of Canna coco. The guys at the grow shop said all I had to do was rehydrate the coco and it’s ready to go. I notice there’s a lot of smaller particles. I’m wondering if these needs to be rinsed away. Also, I’m surprised how much water it’s taking to reconstitute the coco.

I don’t have my Lotus Nutrients yet, so I’m using Fox Farm. I’m soaking a half brick of coco with Fox Farm nutes with cal mag @600ppm and pH at 5.8

1 Like

5 beans sprouting.

A little background on my grows;

The current beans sprouting are my 4th grow. The past 3 grows I have ruined 2 Sour Diesel autos. The last disaster I actually harvested.

During conversation today with my wife I told her what was sprouting and said “maybe next grow we can do an all auto grow and try some sour diesel again.” She replied, “oh yeah, I forgot to tell you that I really like that stuff. It’s almost gone”

Well. Here we go again. Make that 6 beans.

3 Likes

Some coco is pre buffed some is not, you’ll ant to find out if that stuff is pre buffed if not you really need to soak the heck out of with cal mag or you’ll fight issues all grow.

If your using an automated watering system perlite at 50/50 would be my recommendation, I also run autopots and dry nutrients.
If your not running auto water vermiculite may be a better choice as it holds a bit more mosture so would allow you a bit more time in between watering. Either will do though.
I’ve heard the brother grims genetic is a winnner. My friend has gave you a ton of great info, sorry I was off for a bit tending to my garden lol

1 Like

I have moved all the seeds/sprouts into solo cups of Coco. I put them I water on 2/2. I’m kind of surprised I haven’t seen anything break surface yes.

I have them under an old blurple I can’t seem to break away from.

I did just order a B Spec 135 kit.

2 Likes

Cool how much was the 135 bspec

I got it for $175 out the door

I have a great HLG hookup if you’re interested

Is that cheaper then msrp